ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Welp...Laid Off Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281829)

Dayze 04-21-2014 08:56 AM

if things don't pan out, I'll go see if I can get a job at American Burger. I know a guy who works there.

ChiTown 04-21-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10575703)
if things don't pan out, I'll go see if I can get a job at American Burger. I know a guy who works there.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...v9NbTk9A-RTwOw

gblowfish 04-21-2014 10:49 AM

I'm glad you're contributing to the Gross National Product again. Somebody has to pay those taxes....

Dayze 06-29-2014 07:08 PM

......aaaand laid off again on Thursday. The project I was on, originally forecasted to complete next June, was bleeding money and they let myself a few other 'new' contractors go.

Mother ****er.

I wish I 20 again; I would have went to culinary school.

Bugeater 06-29-2014 07:12 PM

I changed careers at the age of 43. It's never too late.

Rain Man 06-29-2014 07:16 PM

Dang, sorry to hear. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Hopefully you find a smaller dog again soon.

Dayze 06-29-2014 07:16 PM

that' awesome. that takes some stones for sure.

Im leary of getting into a huge chunk of debt this late, and (in this case) getting into a field like that. I looked into it about 3 years ago or so, and it was crazy $. I think something like $40k. which, apparently is relatively cheap by comparison to some other schools.

told the wife ' let's just say **** it; sell everything and drive OTR trucking" lol. there's a part of me that serious lol.

R8RFAN 06-29-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10723292)

Im leary of getting into a huge chunk of debt this late, and (in this case) getting into a field like that. I looked into it about 3 years ago or so, and it was crazy $. I think something like $40k. which, apparently is relatively cheap by comparison to some other schools.

told the wife ' let's just say **** it; sell everything and drive OTR trucking" lol. there's a part of me that serious lol.

Don't do OTR if you decide to go into trucking... Go LTL or haul gas :thumb:

Good Luck

Dayze 06-29-2014 07:21 PM

random question; but don't a lot of LTR truckers have to cut their teeth on OTR?

no idea.. I just always see LTR gigs needing about 2 years experience. which would make sense.

just curious

Pepe Silvia 06-29-2014 07:23 PM

I used to move rental cars cross state, very repetitive.

Bugeater 06-29-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10723292)

Eh, yeah, I don't know how old you are but I wouldn't go that deeply into debt at my age. I spent a few grand going to school for heating and air and that was my ticket to get into what I'm doing now. I looked into trucking as well at the time but the money just isn't there to justify what I'd be giving up to go OTR.

I guess my point was don't be afraid to try to go in a different direction. Maybe look into some classes that will help you get into a related field with more stability.

R8RFAN 06-29-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10723300)
random question; but don't a lot of LTR truckers have to cut their teeth on OTR?

no idea.. I just always see LTR gigs needing about 2 years experience. which would make sense.

just curious

Not anymore... They will hire anyone with a pulse and a CDL now...

Dayze 06-29-2014 07:32 PM

Thanks dude.. I'm 37, but hung like a door knob. So, I've got that going for me.

Dayze 06-29-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10723314)
Not anymore... They will hire anyone with a pulse and a CDL now...

:hmmm:

R8RFAN 06-29-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10723319)
:hmmm:

Find someone who has a CDL, have that person rent a tractor trailer for you from Penske , take the driving part to get your cdl in it...

Go right over there to YRC close to you ...