ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Cops & Homeless Man (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282546)

Rasputin 03-24-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10514509)
Wut?

K9s are very costly, and trained to grab/bite an arm, they can still be stabbed with the other arm....

So you value a dog over a human life?

crazycoffey 03-24-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10514302)
I like how they use the non-lethal force after they already killed him... by shooting him in the back.

He still had the knives, and they didn't know he had a fatal wound. When the cops moved in to make the arrest be pulled out two knives. Knives are considered deadly force. It's a shame because he needed a lot of mental help, but the only person that failed him was himself. His history suggests he has talked to doctors before, he probably wasn't following the doctors diagnoses and treatment plan.

crazycoffey 03-24-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10514515)
So you value a dog over a human life?

Do you value a criminal's life over an officer's? Don't troll, I'm trying to just give perspective. The two officers moving in were in immediate physical life threatening danger. It's suicide by cop, from a poor sap that had some wires crossed. It's tragic.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-24-2014 10:23 PM

That is straight up murder by three cowards.

Stanley Nickels 03-24-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10514533)
Do you value a criminal's life over an officer's? Don't troll, I'm trying to just give perspective. The two officers moving in were in immediate physical life threatening danger. It's suicide by cop, from a poor sap that had some wires crossed. It's tragic.

That's a red herring, the question was whether that mans life could've been spared if it meant risking the dog's life. I think so, and I think it's ridiculous to cite the cost of the dog to defend the officers' actions.

crazycoffey 03-24-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10514552)
That's a red herring, the question was whether that mans life could've been spared if it meant risking the dog's life. I think so, and I think it's ridiculous to cite the cost of the dog to defend the officers' actions.

Well I didn't mean it like a defense for the officers actions, the actions of the officers are already clearly defended by the actions of pulling knives when getting arrested. Using the dog (a tool for the officers) would be misuse in this instance. Dogs are not the answer for deadly force.

And the mans life could've been spared like it had in precious occasions when he didn't pull knives out on the arresting officers.

Can we please not lose personal accountability.

Rasputin 03-24-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

First that dog could have rip that guy a new one disarming him and taking him down to keep the human cops safe and they then could zone in on the guy to handcuff him. I doubt the dog would have got seriously injured if properly trained.

I don't know his mental state of mind they say he had mental problems but if he was capable of being honest with himself then human life is more important. So what if he wanted to sleep in the park he was homeless? Three hours arguing with the guy when they could have been more civil and less threatening themselves. I bet a WOMAN could have offered the man a samwich and a place to go for shelter and he would have listened and say thank you.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-24-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10514556)

Can we please not lose personal accountability.

Like accountability for multiple trained officers with incapacitating weapons and an attack dog who decide that shooting a man in the back in the best course of action?

Rasputin 03-24-2014 10:38 PM

What I am saying crazycoffee is that they did not waist all means necessary before using lethal force. The cops could have tried other ways before killing the guy.

Randallflagg 03-24-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

You know, I was visiting friends in Louisville KY back in the 70s. A news cast that evening was talking about a Police shooting in Cherokee Park (where the hippies hung out) and they identified the victim as being mentally unstable. The report went on to say that he was shot while running naked through the park. The Police on the scene claimed he had a concealed weapon. Swear to God that story is the truth. Guess they were afraid of his Johnson...

I was raised to respect the Police. Had an Uncle who was a cop for 30 years. I wasn't there and I don't know what actually happened. However, there are FAR too many incidents of this crap happening today. If they aren't entering a persons property and shooting barking dogs, they are killing citizens rather than using less than lethal force. I have lost all respect for cops.

Guess it's just a sign of the times we live in...

TimeForWasp 03-24-2014 10:39 PM

The bean bag gun was enough by itself to subdue this guy.

-King- 03-24-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

No they weren't. Unless the guy was planning to throw the knives while facing away from the cops.

BullJunkandIron 03-24-2014 10:47 PM

2nd grade playground bullies with badges.

crazycoffey 03-24-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10514580)
What I am saying crazycoffee is that they did not waist all means necessary before using lethal force. The cops could have tried other ways before killing the guy.

But what you don't understand, the game changed when he pulled out the knives. You don't taze a knife wielding man, capable of using them, regardless of his living conditions, religion, race or mental state. You meet deadly force with deadly force. If I'm there I do the same thing before he uses the knives against me, co-workers, or the dog.

The caveat being if he was a 80 year old man where it would be harder to believe the mans threats to kill me with knives he could barely hold, let alone swing or throw at the other officers.

crazycoffey 03-24-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 10514584)
You know, I was visiting friends in Louisville KY back in the 70s. A news cast that evening was talking about a Police shooting in Cherokee Park (where the hippies hung out) and they identified the victim as being mentally unstable. The report went on to say that he was shot while running naked through the park. The Police on the scene claimed he had a concealed weapon. Swear to God that story is the truth. Guess they were afraid of his Johnson...

I was raised to respect the Police. Had an Uncle who was a cop for 30 years. I wasn't there and I don't know what actually happened. However, there are FAR too many incidents of this crap happening today. If they aren't entering a persons property and shooting barking dogs, they are killing citizens rather than using less than lethal force. I have lost all respect for cops.

Guess it's just a sign of the times we live in...

No it's not, it's be same arguement that school shootings are on the rise, they really aren't, it's that news is easier to obtain. "Less than one half of one percent of all US police are as corrupt as you claim, that's better averages than clergymen". /Paul Harvey.

As to the rest of this story (see what I did there?) some of you have cinematic opinions about what a slightly moderate trained human being can do with a knife, let alone get lucky, I don't get paid enough money to take that chance, if I feel threatened, I'm pulling that trigger.