ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Your Favorite Eric Berry Moments (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288686)

Direckshun 11-25-2014 05:40 AM

Your Favorite Eric Berry Moments

Ever since Berry was drafted in 2010, he's been a fan favorite. He progressively got better every year as a Chief, and would have been a slam dunk Ring of Famer had he stayed healthy.

Since he is de facto retired, barring some miracle recovery, it's worth perhaps going over some of our favorite plays (and other things) Berry's given us over his short, great career.

The thing that sticks out in my mind is "gimme that ball ELIIIII" from last year's Giants game.

My favorite Berry play was probably his first career interception. I can't remember who it was against but it was deep into that fun 2010 season, he was a rookie playing very well and just hadn't secured that first INT yet.

Berry caught the INT, ran around every which way for 20 minutes, then finally got tackled within 10 yards of the endzone. Flowers guided him up by the shoulder pads and the entire defense swarmed him in a confident strut. You could tell it was important to everyone, and how well liked Berry was.

My dad has season tickets. He's an older man and doesn't have great eyes, but he could always tell when Berry landed the tackle. Berry was a rare form tackler in today's NFL.

I'm sure you guys can think of better moments.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2014 05:42 AM

When he sent that St. Louis receiver to Jesus.

Direckshun 11-25-2014 05:49 AM

He had a couple beautiful INT returns for TDs.

Best ballskills I've seen on a Chiefs DB, perhaps. Every time he had the ball, it could go for 6.

Chiefspants 11-25-2014 06:15 AM

His 2010 interception return against the Titans was a thing of beauty. One of my favorite plays ever as a fan.

siberian khatru 11-25-2014 06:29 AM

That time he beat cancer

Dave Lane 11-25-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 11143624)
That time he beat cancer

Man I hope you are right.

WhawhaWhat 11-25-2014 07:03 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DXbGA-d_6Rs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ralittleus 11-25-2014 07:15 AM

I went down to New Orleans a couple years back for the Chiefs Saints game. After a long Saturday night on Bourbon Street, I went out the next morning to grab my wife and I breakfast before the game. I walk into this hole in the wall and all of these Chiefs fans all with Berry jerseys on were having breakfast. I ordered a Bloody Mary and started to talk to one of the gentlemen. It ended up being Berry's Mom & Dad and his entire family. We had a few drinks and then I took some pictures with his parents outside. Great family- really enjoyed the experience. He will have a very strong support center during this fight!

My wife was wondering where the hell I was with breakfast!

TimeForWasp 11-25-2014 07:15 AM

I like Berry, but it seems his extreme fear of horses will stick out for me.

EyePod 11-25-2014 07:21 AM

OK, I can't find the interview/article, but it was sometime after the draft. Berry has millions in the bank, and the interviewer couldn't believe that Berry would still walk to the local discount grocery store. Not your typical NFL player.

Chiefs=Champions 11-25-2014 07:26 AM

Berry staring down the entire Baltimore ravens rb group is one of my favorite memories. He also played a heck of game that day.

Direckshun 11-25-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 11143660)
Berry staring down the entire Baltimore ravens rb group is one of my favorite memories. He also played a heck of game that day.

Oh my god. Yusssss. I remember that, too.

Hadn't had that kind of attitude in our defense for years.

Urc Burry 11-25-2014 07:47 AM

Draft day... The most excited I've been over a draft pick ever

Why Not? 11-25-2014 08:07 AM

I'm not so sure we've seen the last of him on the field. From what we know about him, would it be so shocking to see him in 2016?

Prison Bitch 11-25-2014 08:12 AM

Don't remember any other than his TD in Philly last year