ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Requested Life Update (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268646)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-09-2013 12:38 AM

Here's the good thing about having twins first: you don't know any other way. I was never around kids growing up, so my first experience with babies was having two of them. I think that having a single baby first then two might be tougher, simply because you are used to the experience of only having one.

Plus, we are very fortunate that they are good sleepers. Both sleep through the night. They go down about 9 at night and sleep right through. I have friends with kids who won't go down; I think I'd claw my eyes out if that happened.

Phobia 01-09-2013 12:41 AM

All my kids have always slept. The new son... 4-5 hours max, usually 3. He'll be 6 months in a couple weeks so hopefully that will change things.

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2013 02:58 AM

Congrats, Hamas! I'm glad your girls are doing so well. Beautiful pics!

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9298860)
All my kids have always slept. The new son... 4-5 hours max, usually 3. He'll be 6 months in a couple weeks so hopefully that will change things.

I'm the Sleep Whisperer. My little girl wouldn't sleep more than 90 minutes, in the swing and not the crib, no less, when my wife's maternity leave was over.

Dad here had her sleeping in the crib on Day One of his watch. Six hours the first day, eight the next and so on. I've had her sleeping through the night since mid-November.

The key for her was the extremely loud white noise cranked through a Bose iPad station (same as we did for my older daughter) and a dark room. I watch her on a monitor during the day and evening (watching her right now) and if she cries, I take her out of the crib and "soothe" her by holding her in the rocking chair. After a few minutes, she's usually back to sleep.

Now that we have a pattern established, it's awesome, although it will definitely change. I've really enjoyed my two months with her (Dad's Paternity Leave) and will miss her when I begin working full-time again next month. But at least I'm fortunate enough to work at home.

Drop me a line if you'd like the White Noise file. I've extended it to five hours and have the iPod set to repeat.

Buck 01-09-2013 03:07 AM

Great to hear that your kids have a great father...they are lucky.

AussieChiefsFan 01-09-2013 08:22 AM

:clap: Great post. Glad things are going well, Welcome back.

Lex Luthor 01-09-2013 08:38 AM

It sounds like you and your wife are incredible parents. Your kids are lucky to have you.

Mr. Plow 01-09-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9298148)
Some threads just make you smile when you read them.

Thank you.

Read through the post and got to the pictures.....didn't even realize I was smiling. lol.

bevischief 01-09-2013 08:44 AM

Congrats to heard the kids are doing well. It takes special people to deal with what you have been thru so far and what is to come.

bishop_74 01-09-2013 08:46 AM

Beautiful kids. I love the bottom picture of them.

seclark 01-09-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9298850)
Here's the good thing about having twins first: you don't know any other way. I was never around kids growing up, so my first experience with babies was having two of them. I think that having a single baby first then two might be tougher, simply because you are used to the experience of only having one.

Plus, we are very fortunate that they are good sleepers. Both sleep through the night. They go down about 9 at night and sleep right through. I have friends with kids who won't go down; I think I'd claw my eyes out if that happened.

this is all very true. my wife and i were both 18 when we had our twins. sometimes i feel that we all kinda grew up together.

to this day, when they get together w/their friends(they're 32) they are still both called "twin". it's been that way all their life. little bastards still call me on the phone and don't tell me who they are, trying to make me guess.

all the so called hassles, are very much worth it. makes you a much better person without you even knowing it.

best of luck hamas, and thanks for the update.
sec

Predarat 01-09-2013 09:01 AM

Thanks for the update, great news!

Bweb 01-09-2013 09:56 AM

Mr Hamas....you brightened my day!

Thanks for the update....what cute little girls!

You should be proud!

Rasputin 01-09-2013 10:36 AM

Cute kids :thumb:

Your going have double the trouble when they become teens. Good luck with that.

I'd start now learning how to be a teen dad. HOLYSHITBALLS it's a challenge to have one..

I can't imagine having twin teen girls. Watch out for the manipulation they will pull on you.

ncCHIEFfan 01-09-2013 10:52 AM

Hamas my son is now a year old but was born 3 months premature. He was 1lb4oz. My wife and I lived in the NICU for 3 months. I understand a lot of what you and yours have gone through. Happy to hear your family is growing and I wish you all continued best.