ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

loochy 01-30-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9364343)
Many restaurants define it as mandatory with a large group (and rightfully so). This guy is likely stealing.

I know and I agree - i didn't thoroughly examine the OP.

Rasputin 01-30-2013 10:57 AM

I am going to give the waiter a tip. I like it when they put a lemmon slice in my tea, makes the tea better. Thank you iav.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lono (Post 9364361)
Why should a restaurant be allowed to make you pay a tip? I tip pretty generously if my server is good but I don't like the "you have to tip this amount". That usually means, my drink stays unfilled and they don't give you near as much service as the guy next door who they have to suck up to so they get a tip.

Usually the tip gratuity added to a party over 8 is meant to include the additional support from the wait staff and kitchen in ensuring the large party's needs are met. As a former waiter, once the guest number is over 5 or 6, it becomes very difficult to get everything done by yourself. Not to mention the additional busing staff.

loochy 01-30-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lono (Post 9364361)
Why should a restaurant be allowed to make you pay a tip? I tip pretty generously if my server is good but I don't like the "you have to tip this amount". That usually means, my drink stays unfilled and they don't give you near as much service as the guy next door who they have to suck up to so they get a tip.

It's part of the bill, that's why. They can charge whatever they want. It's the price you pay for overloading them with a large group.

If it's added into the bill, then pay it. If it's not, then I definitely agree with not tipping if you don't want to.

Fire Me Boy! 01-30-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9364348)
I only tip 20% if the service is top-notch. 15% is my usual.

Yep. I start at 15 and go up or down depending on service. And I'm jist as apt to talk to a manager to praise outstanding service as I am to complain about really poor service. And the few times I've complained, I've paid the bill first - I'm not trying to get a free meal.

KC_Lee 01-30-2013 11:00 AM

I'm sure God is really happy with this "pastor" for invoking His name in order to bitch about paying a bill.

As it says in the Bible "..God loves a cheerful giver...", anyone know what is says about a whinny tipper?

BigMeatballDave 01-30-2013 11:00 AM

Chincy bastard

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9364373)
Yep. I start at 15 and go up or down depending on service. And I'm jist as apt to talk to a manager to praise outstanding service as I am to complain about really poor service. And the few times I've complained, I've paid the bill first - I'm not trying to get a free meal.

But you do gladly accept the gift card to use on your next visit :)

WhiteWhale 01-30-2013 11:02 AM

WWJD? :D

gblowfish 01-30-2013 11:02 AM

Jesus at The Last Supper:
"OK, who had the roast beef? You, John? Who had the veal? Thomas? Who had the three glasses of wine? Judas? We're going to need separate checks!"

Deberg_1990 01-30-2013 11:02 AM

I live by Mr. Pinks rules

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z-qV9wVGb38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 01-30-2013 11:02 AM

Our father always preached 20%, but 15% seems to be the standard.

KC_Lee 01-30-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9364387)
Jesus at The Last Supper:
"OK, who had the roast beef? You, John? Who had the veal? Thomas? Who had the three glasses of wine? Judas? We're going to need separate checks!"

LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL

The Franchise 01-30-2013 11:04 AM

Next time I go to church....I'll make sure and drop a note in the collection basket that reads:

"God is free....why should I have to give you 10%?"

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9364324)
Why write anything?

Also, who cares?

A tip isn't mandatory - it's a tip. If you want 10% or however much, add it to the bill.

The tip would have ammounted around $2 a head. It sounds like she did her job well and since she probably could'nt tend to any other tables (wich cost her $ ) I don't think that $2 a person is asking too much. I assume she's making less than minimum wage but, puts up with assholes like that guy all day with a smile on her face.

It's not her fault the food service industry is set up this way, she's just trying to put food on her own table. It's customary in America to tip for good service, like it or not