ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

htismaqe 01-30-2013 11:15 AM

I really can't believe how many cheap bastards we have here.

If you can't be bothered to leave a tip, don't eat out.

If you're too poor to leave a tip, you should be at home eating anyway.

Pitt Gorilla 01-30-2013 11:15 AM

They really need to publish the name of the pastor and the church. I'd be interested to know who actually thinks this way.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-30-2013 11:15 AM

Hi! I'm tax exempt (for no apparent reason), enjoy the skull-****ing I gave you!

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2013 11:15 AM

People like this infuriate me.
Posted via Mobile Device

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lono (Post 9364446)
Over loading them with a large group.... Lol you're telling me they would rather not have a large group? They make money by the amount of people coming into the restaurant ordering food. I have taken 40-50 kids to eat during season and they don't ever charge us gratuity. If they did we wouldn't go there. I do however make each kid leave $2 which equals a pretty good pay day for the waiters.

Are you serious? Of course they'd rather have multiple tables with different cook times as opposed to a table with 40 ****ing kids...

okoye35chiefs 01-30-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9364442)
The total check was over $200. In an effort to get out of the automatic 18% tip, he had them split it up.

His portion was $35.

His bar tab was separate from the 35 he owed

htismaqe 01-30-2013 11:17 AM

ROFL

HayWire 01-30-2013 11:17 AM

I tip most of the time I eat out, but isn't it considered "optional"? Shitty service=nothing, good service=big tip. The restraunt should pay employees more and the guy shouldn't use religion to get out of paying a tip.

loochy 01-30-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9364400)
The tip would have ammounted around $2 a head. It sounds like she did her job well and since she probably could'nt tend to any other tables (wich cost her $ ) I don't think that $2 a person is asking too much. I assume she's making less than minimum wage but, puts up with assholes like that guy all day with a smile on her face.

It's not her fault the food service industry is set up this way, she's just trying to put food on her own table. It's customary in America to tip for good service, like it or not

1.) I didn't read the OP thoroughly...the tip was part of the bill, so yeah, he needs to pay that.

2.) In the case of a normal tip, nobody is required to tip anything. Should they tip? In my opinion, sure, if the service was good. However, if they choose not to then that is their choice.

3.) It's customary, but not a law.

The Franchise 01-30-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJKid (Post 9364463)
I tip most of the time I eat out, but isn't it considered "optional"? Shitty service=nothing, good service=big tip. The restraunt should pay employees more and the guy shouldn't use religion to get out of paying a tip.

You're getting a tip confused with a gratuity.

loochy 01-30-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9364451)
They really need to publish the name of the pastor and the church. I'd be interested to know who actually thinks this way.

Probably just that guy. Don't get his profession confused with his personality. He's probably just a tightwad. Pastors are just as faulty as the rest of us - they've just studied the Bible more.

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJKid (Post 9364463)

They work on a very small profit margin as it it. Restaurant owners rely on tips as much as servers do. If they payed $10 an hour, your $40 dollar bill would be $100 for the same food.

But yeah, I tip based on service too. I start at 15% and based on the quality of service, it goes up or down

Swanman 01-30-2013 11:26 AM

A waiter that has to serve a dickhead pastor and most likely 19 bible thumpers should be given a 5,000% tip and a new car.

HayWire 01-30-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9364470)
You're getting a tip confused with a gratuity.

Pic of receipt shows "tip".......What am I missing?

Definition of GRATUITY

: something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially: tip

See gratuity defined for English-language learners »

See gratuity defined for kids »

Examples of GRATUITY

A 15 percent gratuity is automatically added to the restaurant bill.

tip
noun

Definition of TIP

: a gift or a sum of money tendered for a service performed or anticipated : gratuity

The Franchise 01-30-2013 11:29 AM

Most restaurants add an automatic 18% gratuity for parties over a certain amount. Just because it says tip on there.....doesn't mean it was an actual tip. Hence why they have the "other tip" section below it.