ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

Ceej 01-30-2013 11:29 AM

I'm going to hold off until I hear what PizzaManHootiePeytonsPrincess has to say about this!

Chief Roundup 01-30-2013 11:29 AM

It is amazing to me how many people old and young that do not know that the wait staff normally doesn't make but 3 to 5 dollars an hour and tips are suppose to make up the difference plus some. A lot of people also don't know that if a person is paid in this manner and it doesn't come out to minimum wage the employer has to pay the difference at the end of the year.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJKid (Post 9364504)
Pic of receipt shows "tip".......What am I missing?

Definition of GRATUITY

: something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially: tip

See gratuity defined for English-language learners »

See gratuity defined for kids »

Examples of GRATUITY

A 15 percent gratuity is automatically added to the restaurant bill.

tip
noun

Definition of TIP

: a gift or a sum of money tendered for a service performed or anticipated : gratuity

A 18% gratuity was added to the TIP once the patrons were over a party of 8.

Marco Polo 01-30-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9364398)
Next time I go to church....I'll make sure and drop a note in the collection basket that reads:

"God is free....why should I have to give you 10%?"

/thread

Swanman 01-30-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9364512)
Most restaurants add an automatic 18% gratuity for parties over a certain amount. Just because it says tip on there.....doesn't mean it was an actual tip. Hence why they have the "other tip" section below it.

It's more of an additional service fee and some restaurants will call it that to avoid confusion.

arrwheader 01-30-2013 11:31 AM

Because god doesn't pay rent dumb ****

notorious 01-30-2013 11:33 AM

There are a few cheap ****s on here.

Fish 01-30-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lono (Post 9364446)
Over loading them with a large group.... Lol you're telling me they would rather not have a large group? They make money by the amount of people coming into the restaurant ordering food. I have taken 40-50 kids to eat during season and they don't ever charge us gratuity. If they did we wouldn't go there. I do however make each kid leave $2 which equals a pretty good pay day for the waiters.

They probably groan and curse every time they see you enter with your 40 little heathen brats.

Johnny Vegas 01-30-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lono (Post 9364446)
Over loading them with a large group.... Lol you're telling me they would rather not have a large group? They make money by the amount of people coming into the restaurant ordering food. I have taken 40-50 kids to eat during season and they don't ever charge us gratuity. If they did we wouldn't go there. I do however make each kid leave $2 which equals a pretty good pay day for the waiters.

where at pizza hut?

HayWire 01-30-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9364515)
A 18% gratuity was added to the TIP once the patrons were over a party of 8.

I agree with you that he should have paid the tip, just thought the idea of tipping was dependant upon the patron

Fire Me Boy! 01-30-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9364383)
But you do gladly accept the gift card to use on your next visit :)

I actually refuse them unless the food itself was bad.

BWillie 01-30-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9364330)
18% is getting off light. If you can't afford to tip 20% then you can't afford to dine out.

If you have to afford being tipped to make a living, you can't afford working as a waiter. Is 20% the new 10%? I always tip around 15% and I thought it was higher than most. Still, I think tipping is stupid. I think of all the times I have tipped in my life and think back on if I never tipped in my entire life how much better it would be and how much more money I would have.

mr. tegu 01-30-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9364548)
If you have to afford being tipped to make a living, you can't afford working as a waiter. Is 20% the new 10%? I always tip around 15% and I thought it was higher than most. Still, I think tipping is stupid. I think of all the times I have tipped in my life and think back on if I never tipped in my entire life how much better it would be and how much more money I would have.

That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a battleship.

Johnny Vegas 01-30-2013 11:41 AM

I had dinner at Prime in the Bellagio. Food was excellent and the dinner experience was classy and relaxing. I tipped 20% which came out to $300 and everyone shit a brick. I remind them how their dinner experience was compared to other places and they'd come back in a heart beat. I remind them that this tip assures their service stays consistent for future visits. Hell when I went back we got a complimentary bottle of wine and a great spot in the restaurant to view the strip. They remember those that tip well.

Chief Roundup 01-30-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9364548)

So you want waiters to make less than minimum wage?