ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official 2013 90 Day Sobriety Challenge*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269668)

PaulAllen 02-04-2013 12:46 PM

I already lost

houstonwhodat 02-04-2013 12:52 PM

I'm already drinking.

No you need to do this at the start of Lent, the day after Mardi Gras.

Mardi Gras - 2/12/13
Lent - 2/13/12

Graystoke 02-04-2013 12:59 PM

This would be tough. I mean I don't consider myself an Alcoholic, but boy, to go 90 days without a beer or whiskey.
Wishing you all luck...I am out.

Richard_Cuckold 02-04-2013 01:42 PM

Good for you guys.

In my case there is no way in hell I could even go a week without drinking

TLO 02-04-2013 01:43 PM

I'm in.

Pablo 02-04-2013 01:46 PM

I'm considering taking until St. Patricks Day off. Don't know how well I'll do.

GloryDayz 02-04-2013 01:47 PM

Ummmm, yeah, no!

I'm sure until Obamacare and unemployment covers me I'm going to drink (heavily)!

Dayze 02-04-2013 02:24 PM

a few years ago when I did this, the first weekend was the most difficult it seemed; and the occasional"had a horrible day at work; I could use a beer" was hard.

I usually drink beer while playing video games, so that association will be difficult to break. I might use any money saved to maybe start building a game rig that will be used for Flight Simulator only.

Buck 02-04-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9377887)
a few years ago when I did this, the first weekend was the most difficult it seemed; and the occasional"had a horrible day at work; I could use a beer" was hard.

I usually drink beer while playing video games, so that association will be difficult to break. I might use any money saved to maybe start building a game rig that will be used for Flight Simulator only.

Seems like you could do that for pretty cheap.

Dayze 02-04-2013 03:27 PM

I think so too. or, at least I hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. In my limited research, it looks like the ideal speed would be about3.6Mhz, and 4GB+ of RAM.

of course, I don't know jack when it comes to that level of computer detail.
I just want something that is dedicated to FSX, that won't lock up, or be jerky etc.

I'm also going to get it set up using the plans on here possibly:
http://www.rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims.html

Mr. Flopnuts 02-07-2013 12:13 PM

Just in the last couple of years have I started drinking. And lately it's been heavy. I joined this 1 day late, but I'm in. We'll see if I can make it. LOL

Good mental exercise here.

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:15 PM

nice!
I went to a mexican restaurant last night and refrained from the large Dos Equis Amber they had on draw; 24oz for $4. and a few nights this week I REALLY wanted a beer after some rough days at work.

I had been drinking a ton during football season; a TON. but, I already feel a little better. Last time I did it, the first week was a bitch, but got progressively better after I started dis-associating my recreation (video games, movies, guitar etc) activities with having a beer.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-07-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384916)
nice!
I went to a mexican restaurant last night and refrained from the large Dos Equis Amber they had on draw; 24oz for $4. and a few nights this week I REALLY wanted a beer after some rough days at work.

I had been drinking a ton during football season; a TON. but, I already feel a little better. Last time I did it, the first week was a bitch, but got progressively better after I started dis-associating my recreation (video games, movies, guitar etc) activities with having a beer.

This is my 3rd day and I don't ever go crazy over it. Sometimes sleeping can be a bitch though. I quit smoking weed so I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384916)
nice!
I went to a mexican restaurant last night and refrained from the large Dos Equis Amber they had on draw; 24oz for $4.

You are dead to me.

DEAD!:cuss:

Ceej 02-07-2013 12:17 PM

I think in 2011 when I went nearly 7 months without a drink. I felt great - both physically and mentally.

Keep it up, Dayze.

I will be doing the same thing at the end of March.