ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   sunday ticket people (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98301)

Mr. Laz 09-12-2004 10:21 AM

sunday ticket people

what's up with the scheduling for the games on the sunday ticket?

first ... the actual times for the games don't show up until the morning of the games, so you can't set up the recordings.

and now that the beginning times and end times are actually up... they are screwed up.

example:

early game:

Giants vrs Eagles listed as 11 a.m - 3:00 p.m (btw its 11:21 and game isn't on yet, so time is just f--- up)

but this early game is listed as

seahawks vrs saints 12:00 - 4:30 p.m

the same thing happens for the late games.... all these overlapping incorrect times make it extremely difficult to schedule any recordings.

is it always this screwed up??

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 10:27 AM

It's a conspiracy. Directv hates you.

unlurking 09-12-2004 10:34 AM

A lot of it depends on the memory capabilities of your receiver. I have two old receivers (3 or 4 years) that nothing shows up on until game day. I have 2 brand news ones that everything shows up on a week in advance (approx.).

Some of the older receievers don't go out and grab upcoming programming info more than 24 hours in advance. If it is that much of an issue, I'd consider going out and buying a new receiver.

Mr. Laz 09-12-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
A lot of it depends on the memory capabilities of your receiver. I have two old receivers (3 or 4 years) that nothing shows up on until game day. I have 2 brand news ones that everything shows up on a week in advance (approx.).

Some of the older receievers don't go out and grab upcoming programming info more than 24 hours in advance. If it is that much of an issue, I'd consider going out and buying a new receiver.

well i just subscribed to Directv etc... so i think i have a new receiver

it's a Directivo unit ... not just a regular one

:shrug:

unlurking 09-12-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
well i just subscribed to Directv etc... so i think i have a new receiver

it's a Directivo unit ... not just a regular one

:shrug:

Wow, that's strange.

My non-TIVO new unit has an option where you can set how far in advance to download schedules, did you look to see if yours had that?

Mr. Laz 09-12-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Wow, that's strange.

My non-TIVO new unit has an option where you can set how far in advance to download schedules, did you look to see if yours had that?

the name of the games do show up...

but it just list them as an all day event

<---------------- upcoming event 1 p.m Giants vrs Eagles ------->

but you can't set record because the event is all day long ... if you try the recorder starts recording at 1 minute after midnight and just keeps going.

so its not a blank memory type screen

it's like they dont actually input specific times until 8 hours before game time.

even then the times aren't right and overlap

:(

the only way to record is to set everything by time manually

unlurking 09-12-2004 11:06 AM

ahhh

Don't have TIVO, so didn't think about it, but yeah, looks like that on my receivers as well.