ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sportscasters You Hate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268968)

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 12:25 PM

Sportscasters You Hate

What sportscasters make you wanna change the channel or hit mute?

Here are some of mine:

Chris Collinsworth
Troy Aikman
Al Michaels
Warren Sapp
Dan Dierdorf (please go away)
Shannon Sharpe - (sounds too much like OJ Simpson)
Bob Costas (keep your gun opinions to yourself midget)
Deion Sanders (Cowboys homer)
Lou Holtz (say it don't spray it)
Marv Albert (I keep seeing visuals of him wearing panties)

I'm sure I'll think of more after I see yours.

Ceej 01-16-2013 12:26 PM

Randy Cross.

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 12:28 PM

What's wrong with Collinsworth? He one of the smarter ones out there.

Marv? How can you not love Marv even in panties?

boogblaster 01-16-2013 12:28 PM

Collingsworth fer sure .. and horsehead Sharpe's mouth will never stop runnin' .....

Bugeater 01-16-2013 12:29 PM

Goddamnit people, there is no ****ing "g" in Collinsworth's name. Stop doing that.

"Bob" Dobbs 01-16-2013 12:30 PM

Thannon Tharpe thuckth. I miss Curt Gowdy.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 01-16-2013 12:31 PM

The problem with most color analysts for most of us is that we have pretty good grasp of the game, and the analysts job is to try to give the uneducated masses an understanding of the game.

Frosty 01-16-2013 12:31 PM

Phil Simms is my least favorite announcer. He sucks on "Inside the NFL", too.

Unlike the OP, I like Collinsworth and Michaels. Dierdorf doesn't bother me either.

Munson 01-16-2013 12:32 PM

Brent Musberger

Todd Blackledge

Randy Cross

RippedmyFlesh 01-16-2013 12:32 PM

Brent Musberger.
Thank God he doesn't ruin nfl games for me.

Cannibal 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

Joe Buck
Al Michaels

Can't stand either one of them.

Dayze 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

Troy Aikman
Joe Buck
Dan Dierdorf
Dan Fouts
Randy Cross

not necessarily broadcasters I suppose but:
Chris Berman
Michael Irvin
Mike Ditka
Merril Hodge and his dumbass huge tie knots
Bill Cowher
Shannon Sharpe
Micahel Strahan
Tony Dungy
Dan Patrick

Sports casters I love to call games
Verne Lundquist
Gary Danielson
Brad Nessler
Gus Johnson

blaise 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

I like Collinsworth a lot. He knows how to quickly get in and out and doesn't keep repeating the same point over and over like other guys. He's probably my favorite.

I can't stand Dierdorf. It seems like he loves certain teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Don't like Deion, Terry Bradshaw or Sharpe as studio guys.

I like Boomer Esiason in the studio and radio broadcasts- he's one of the few that doesn't seem afraid to say something. I wish they'd move him off radio and onto TV games. Maybe he doesn't want to, I don't know.

kc rush 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

Add Hawk Harrelson and Rex Hudler to this list.

Rasputin 01-16-2013 12:35 PM

I hate Heath Evens on NFL net. I think opposite of anything he has to say. **** him.

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9324549)
Phil Simms is my least favorite announcer. He sucks on "Inside the NFL", too.

Unlike the OP, I like Collinsworth and Michaels. Dierdorf doesn't bother me either.

Phil Simms is an idiot, I knew I forgot a major one.

Ceej 01-16-2013 12:36 PM

Brent Musberger too.

He just looks the part of the smelly old man.

I'm sure he has that old smell too.

milkman 01-16-2013 12:36 PM

I'd say the list of sportscasters I like is far smaller than the list of those that I don't

But I do like Collisworth, and don't dislike Dierdorf to the extent that most do, apparently.

I absolutely hate Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.

blaise 01-16-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 9324568)
Add Hawk Harrelson and Rex Hudler to this list.

Hawk is maybe the worst. He and John Sterling. Just awful.

Cannibal 01-16-2013 12:36 PM

I also prefer CBS's overall football coverage to FOX.

KCUnited 01-16-2013 12:37 PM

I'm not sure if Brian Billick was announcing to the world "please cross me off any potential head coaching lists" with that abomination last Sunday, but I'm not sure I can listen to him again.

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9324541)
Thannon Tharpe thuckth. I miss Curt Gowdy.
Posted via Mobile Device

hahahahahaha so true.

I miss Howard Cosell.

ChiefMojo 01-16-2013 12:37 PM

Todd Christiansen
Chris Collinsworth
Randy Cross
Matt Millen
Chris Berman

TOP OF THE LIST....Ed Cunningham

Frosty 01-16-2013 12:38 PM

By the way, the worst ever, I think, is the group that does the preseason games for the Rams (Faulk is one of them). Clevelands' preseason group is hilarious as Bernie Kosar always sounds completely wasted.

PunkinDrublic 01-16-2013 12:38 PM

The new female sports casters they put on sportscenter. Dumb as a box of rocks. You can tell they were only hired to meet some bullshit quota. Stuart Scott drives me up the ****ing wall with his Carlton pretends to be street routine.

Lzen 01-16-2013 12:40 PM

Randy Cross
Dan Dierdorf
Dan Fouts

And I found Matt Dougherty to be especially annoying while watching the KU/ISU game last week. He sounded as if he was trying too hard to not be biased to KU. That caused him to sound biased for ISU.

milkman 01-16-2013 12:40 PM

Sideline reporters are the must useless people on the face of the planet.

ChiefsCountry 01-16-2013 12:40 PM

I wonder what network and team that Peyton Manning will go to after he retires.

Cannibal 01-16-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9324587)
The new female sports casters they put on sportscenter. Dumb as a box of rocks. You can tell they were only hired to meet some bullshit quota. Stuart Scott drives me up the ****ing wall with his Carlton pretends to be street routine.

Good point about Stuart Scott.

I stopped watching ESPN/Sportscenter for quite a long time, then recently was watching some highlights and got to hear Stuart saying the same highlight comments that heard him saying 10 years ago. Very tired act he has.

Lzen 01-16-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9324587)

Stuart Scott has worn out the phrase "as cool as the other side of the pillow" yet he continues to use it. :banghead:

Dayze 01-16-2013 12:43 PM

...another thing that drives me nuts is how all the NFL guys refer to Berman as "Boom".

Ditka needs to go away.

The Mayor 01-16-2013 12:43 PM

Randy Cross and that idiot Solomon Wilcots
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

The only sportscaster I DO like is Chris Berman and Rich Eisen.

Rambozo 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

Heath Evans and Sean Salusbury

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9324601)
Sideline reporters are the must useless people on the face of the planet.

Yeah but how bout Jamie Maggio's ass?

Frosty 01-16-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9324575)
I absolutely hate Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.

They are major apologists for the NFL (the refs never make bad calls, etc). Simms always talks like the NFL hasn't changed at all since he played.

I know Shannon Sharpe has Donkey stink on him but he is actually one of the pregame guys I like. He is funny and doesn't hold back on saying what he thinks (see his comments about Crennel and Cassel this year as well as his Romo comments). I like Esiason, too.

Pregame guys I can't stand are Berman, Ditka, Tom Jackson and the entire FOX group.

Predarat 01-16-2013 12:45 PM

tiki barber

Cannibal 01-16-2013 12:46 PM

Forgot about Ron Jaworski.

Can't stand how he always makes these stupid cliches about the QB position and acts like he was a great QB. He always feels the need to yell to show everyone how excited he is about his commentary.

blaise 01-16-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9324640)
tiki barber

Yes, terrible.

Chris Berman, too.

Frosty 01-16-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9324636)
Pregame guys I can't stand are Berman, Ditka, Tom Jackson and the entire FOX group.

I need to add Faulk, Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders to the above list.

Megbert 01-16-2013 12:48 PM

Dierdorf. "Kudos" "How big/important was that pass/catch/run/block" hate those phrases and he over uses them.

Collinsworth just seems like a smarmy asshole.

Joe Morgan.

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9324654)

Irvin especially.

Cokehead.

KChiefer 01-16-2013 12:49 PM

Billy Packer

Bill Walton

Lzen 01-16-2013 12:50 PM

Anyone remember Rolando (sp?) Blackmon calling NCAA tourney games about a decade or so ago? What a reerun. He could not pronounce a Texas player's name. The player was Gabe Muonekie. And it wasn't the last name that he had trouble with. It was the first name. He called him Gabby. It's Gabe, you moron! Like Abe, as in Lincoln, with a "G" in front. How hard is that? Must be the wonderful KSU education. :D

Lzen 01-16-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9324654)

Oh yes. Michael "mouth full of cotton" Irvin.

Lex Luthor 01-16-2013 12:53 PM

How can Bobby Knight NOT be at the top of this list???? WTF?

He makes the ESPN telecasts unwatchable. Either he is senile, or he is the dumbest ex-coach EVER. He knows the names of less than half of the players, and his brilliant analysis is always that the shooter needs to "shot fake" more often. It was especially brutal last week during the Kentucky game when his partner had to explain the difference between the shot clock and the game clock to him. I just sat there in disbelief. I felt like I was watching the game at a relative's house on Christmas listening to a non-basketball fan asking questions about the game.

KChiefer 01-16-2013 12:54 PM

Heh. Billy Packer

Quote:

Controversy

Packer is known for his eccentric behavior off camera and sometimes controversial statements. He involved himself in high-profile legal cases, hiring a psychic to find the weapon in the O.J. Simpson murder case and starting a legal defense fund for accused 1996 Olympic bomber Richard Jewell. He purchased Picasso ceramics and displayed them in makeshift plexiglass and plywood work desk he had created. Packer once directed his interest in politics into approaching 123 random women, without identifying himself, asking them if they'd vote for Hillary Clinton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Packer

cosmo20002 01-16-2013 12:54 PM

All sideline reporters are awesome. I can't imagine watching a game without them and the important information they provide.

Chest Rockwell 01-16-2013 12:54 PM

Football: Dierdorf, Simms, Musberger, Lundquist (used to be good wtf happened, is it just age?), Nantz

Baseball: McCarver, Morgan, Sterling, Dibble, Harrelson

gblowfish 01-16-2013 12:58 PM

National Football Guys:
Dan Dierdorf
Dan Fouts
Marv "The Nibbler" Albert
Chris Berman
Shannon "The Mouth" Sharpe
Michael "Cokewhore" Irvin
Al "Where's my top row of teeth?" Michaels
Brent "Hey Baby" Musburger
Lou "Granny Clampett" Holtz
Basketball Guys:
Bobby Knight
Billy "Fudge" Packer
Dick Vitale
Bill Walton

Baseball:
Joe Buck
Tim McCarver
Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson
Whoever that douche is in NY that goes "THEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!"

Local:
Bob Davis: Please die soon. Please. Pretty please.

blaise 01-16-2013 12:58 PM

Bob Davis is pretty terrible.

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9324726)
Bob Davis is pretty terrible.

Who the hell is Bob Davis?

Local Yokel?

blaise 01-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9324773)
Who the hell is Bob Davis?

Local Yokel?

Jayhawks and Royals. I'm not sure Kansas has even committed a foul during a game he's broadcast.

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 01:14 PM

When will we get a female play by play or color analyst? Why are they only sideline reporters?

Rasputin 01-16-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9324628)
Heath Evans and Sean Salusbury

God I hate Heath Evans. Everything that comes out of his mouth is DOUCHE.

ThaVirus 01-16-2013 01:17 PM

I really can't say that I dislike any of the commentators on gameday. My favorite duo has to be Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I'm also a fan of Al Michaels..

In the studio, I always liked Chris Berman, Tom Jackson and Mike Ditka.

The one guy I say really, probably doesn't deserve a spot on the booth is Bill Cowher. He just isn't well-spoken enough, if you ask me.

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9324814)
The one guy I say really, probably doesn't deserve a spot on the booth is Bill Cowher. He just isn't well-spoken enough, if you ask me.

Thats good because he isnt in the booth. Hes in the studio.

blaise 01-16-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9324794)
When will we get a female play by play or color analyst? Why are they only sideline reporters?

There are for college games. Play by play, anyway. And the Yankees use Suzyn Waldman (if you can stand her)

Chest Rockwell 01-16-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9324794)

You talking pro? A couple have done college.

whoman69 01-16-2013 01:21 PM

Skip Bayless
Steven A. Smith

DonkyPuncher 01-16-2013 01:21 PM

Cris collinsworth and Dan fouts

scho63 01-16-2013 01:21 PM

I hate Dan Dierdorf-he is a moron.

I really like Troy Aikmen and think is he very impartial, even criticizing the Cowboys a lot. I guess many here hate him because he was a Cowboy.

I love Shannon Sharpe as he is dead honest. I remember him saying, Matt Cassel is terrible, he is not an NFL quarterback. I pissed my pants

Dan Fouts is not good and make a lot of mistakes and hypocrite calls over a game.

Brent "Horn Dog" Musberger is very good at exciting play calling for college. I like that.

Al Michaels is OK, kind of predictable and conservative in his commentary

Bob Costas-jerkoff liberal I hate. He is just a pretty face for NBC. I think he sucks

Deion Sanders-not bad, good perspective

Lou Holtz-impossible to listen to and getting worse as he ages. Has anyone seen the horrible religious commercial he is now staring in, Catholics Come Home.org? It's an abomination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xcMGJmB5D84

Marv Albert-I thought he was dead. LOL

The greatest of all time were Curt Goudy and Tony Kubek. They made an incredible team and I remember them calling the AFW West games with the Chiefs and the MLB playoffs for my Pirates vs Reds/Orioles. No one better IMHO

ThaVirus 01-16-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9324820)
Thats good because he isnt in the booth. Hes in the studio.

That's what I meant.

DonkyPuncher 01-16-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9324564)
Troy Aikman
Joe Buck
Dan Dierdorf
Dan Fouts
Randy Cross

not necessarily broadcasters I suppose but:
Chris Berman
Michael Irvin
Mike Ditka
Merril Hodge and his dumbass huge tie knots
Bill Cowher
Shannon Sharpe
Micahel Strahan
Tony Dungy
Dan Patrick

Sports casters I love to call games
Verne Lundquist
Gary Danielson
Brad Nessler
Gus Johnson

yea Tony Dungy has the most disgusting ear lobes, has anyone else ever noticed that??

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 01:34 PM

I like Rodney Harrison on NBC. Hes refreshingly blunt and cuts to the point.

Bwana 01-16-2013 01:50 PM

Having to listen to Dan Dierdorf for 3 1/2 hours is like sitting in the Lazy Boy for 3 1/2 hours punching yourself non-stop in the nuts. The guy makes my ears bleed.

saphojunkie 01-16-2013 01:54 PM

I love this.

Everybody hates every broadcaster. The only "good" one according to most sports fans is Bob Costas, and he pissed you all off by talking about gun control.

The easier thread would be "what sportscasters do you LIKE" and then we could have the following two posts:

1. none of them.
2. quote= "none of them" /thread

In58men 01-16-2013 01:58 PM

Bring back Madden!!!!!!!

blaise 01-16-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9324980)
I love this.

Everybody hates every broadcaster. The only "good" one according to most sports fans is Bob Costas, and he pissed you all off by talking about gun control.

The easier thread would be "what sportscasters do you LIKE" and then we could have the following two posts:

1. none of them.

People have listed quite a few that they like.

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 02:09 PM

I always liked Theisman and Magurie when they did Sunday night football.

gooch 01-16-2013 02:15 PM

Joe Buck can go away from the NFL...
i'd love to see Brad Nessler doing Sunday night games

Radar Chief 01-16-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9324980)
I love this.

1. none of them.

I’ve thought Costas was an un-athletic dumbass for years before his idiotic anti-gun rant.
I do, however, like Mike Mayock. That guy has a lot of football intelligence.
Someone else I haven’t seen listed, Mike Martz. He did color for a Chiefs broadcast and left me wondering how that idiot ever held a HC job at the NFL level.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-16-2013 02:53 PM

Fouts
Dierdorf
Doris Burke
Gus Johnson
Beth Mowins
Musberger
Vitale
Bob Knight
Gruden
Collinsworth

Lou Holtz

KC Hawks 01-16-2013 02:53 PM

I was watching NFL Live for some reason, and Jerry Rice was ****ing terrible.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-16-2013 02:55 PM

Jeff Van Gundy is easily my all-time favorite. I also like Palmer, Herbie and Pollack.

warpaint* 01-16-2013 02:58 PM

Michael Irvin - Too much screaming and lack of insight
Emmitt Smith - Incoherent babble and bastardization of the English language
Keyshawn Johnson - Cliches, seems unprepared to me most of the time, no insight.
Chris Berman - Just an all around fake, obnoxious, arrogant douche.
Stuart Scott - Always trying too hard to talk street. Or whatever that babble is that comes out of his mouth.
Danny Kanell - Ok if you don't remember him he played QB at Fla St in the 90s. Anyway, I didn't even know he was on TV until I randomly woke up in the middle of the night a couple months ago, couldn't fall back asleep, and crash landed into this show on espnu that I'd never heard of.....I don't even know how to describe the disaster I witnessed. It was like first take and yo mtv cribs all wrapped up into one colossal cluster void of intelligence and insight. Random dude I'd never seen before in my life was lobbing questions at Kanell and they were sort of talking sports except Kanell was trying to be fresh and was forcing crude slang into every answer whether it flowed or not and then there was this guy working a spin table.....lol you would have to see it to believe it. Low IQ programming at it's finest.
Stephen A Smith - Too much screaming.
Skip Bayless - Painfully contrived shtick.

Dragonocho 01-16-2013 03:00 PM

76 posts to mention how awful Rex Hudler and Steve Physioc are?
Millen, Dierdorf, Joe Buck's Sanctimonious rear end, Marv Albert (he was good 20 years ago), and Tim McCarver all cause me to lower the volume to 1 or below.

hometeam 01-16-2013 03:00 PM

Do they have to be sportscasters?

Cause I really. really, really, ****ing hate Mel Kiper.

warpaint* 01-16-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9324512)
What sportscasters make you wanna change the channel or hit mute?

Here are some of mine:

Chris Collinsworth
Troy Aikman
Al Michaels
Warren Sapp
Dan Dierdorf (please go away)
Shannon Sharpe - (sounds too much like OJ Simpson)
Bob Costas (keep your gun opinions to yourself midget)
Deion Sanders (Cowboys homer)
Lou Holtz (say it don't spray it)
Marv Albert (I keep seeing visuals of him wearing panties)

I'm sure I'll think of more after I see yours.

Speaking of shticks they need to scrap the Mark May/Lou Holtz dog and pony show. It's just bad tv. Just give me insight and tell me what you really think. The fake arguing and always picking your fav school is cute for 12 yr olds but not adults.

Reminds me of some of Kiper and McShay's fake banter from a few yrs ago that they thankfully have gotten away from.

Salisbury and Clayton had the fake banter/hate shtick going for awhile too.

warpaint* 01-16-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9325033)
People have listed quite a few that they like.

Not only that but when you have a thread that discusses who people don't like opinions are going to be varied so as a result every guy's probably going to eventually get mentioned. No one person is going to be universally liked by everybody.

Common sense tells me one thing - the guys that are part of the #1/#2 teams on all the networks are obviously more popular/liked than not. So just b/c Joe Buck or Troy Aikman are mentioned by a few guys in this thread doesn't mean they aren't actually liked by the vast majority of fans. But this wasn't a thread asking who people like, only who they don't.