ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268521)

CLX 01-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9284595)
My excitement is only if we draft a QB with our first. I got hope we do so I am excited for the opportunity. My excitement can turn the other way pretty damn quick if we pass on a QB & miss out any of the three top. Geno Barkley or Wilson. I really want Geno Smith with our #1

Think of the class of 1983, how many QB's went before Marino? My concern is that if the Chiefs pass on the QB's in the first round/second round we could be pinning our hopes and dreams on an unknown. What are the chances of finding the one diamond in the rough that far down in the draft?

CLX 01-05-2013 09:53 AM

Should have had a selection for "I won't be happy with whatever he does until I see some positive results from his action."

The one thing I've considered is that Reid has not won a Super Bowl, so the "get the guy that won the SB in to coach" curse shouldn't be present. Memory says that no HC that has been brought in to any team that has won the SB has repeated the feat.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284542)
Because he's the best coach we've hired since Hank Stram?

Who would you have preferred? Ken whisenhunt? Lovie Smith? chip Kelly? Bill Cowher?

Wiz was #1 on my retread list. Yes. Lovie was on the bottom..

As for Cowher... I'm not sure I really see a big difference between the two except the strength of Cowher's unit was always Cowher's defense.

The strength of Andy's teams have always been Jim Johnson's defense.

I don't think he's awful, but wow you'd think we just hired Zombie Bill Walsh or something.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284617)

As for Cowher... I'm not sure I really see a big difference between the two except the strength of Cowher's unit was always Cowher's defense.

Yeah, he's never fielded an offense worth a shit.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9284598)
What I want is a Joe Montana in his prime type of QB.

At least you have realistic expectations.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284617)

I don't think he's awful, but wow you'd think we just hired Zombie Bill Walsh or something.

Why would you want Whisenhunt? He's botched the QB position almost as bad as the Chiefs did. He needs to be a coordinator again.

As for the zombie Bill Wlash comment, there's a legit reason to be excited. The guy's resume is superior to every KC coach in the last 30 years not named Vermeil.

Imon Yourside 01-05-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284637)

LMAO

Rasputin 01-05-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284647)
Why would you want Whisenhunt? He's botched the QB position almost as bad as the Chiefs did. He needs to be a coordinator again.

As for the zombie Bill Wlash comment, there's a legit reason to be excited. The guy's resume is superior to every KC coach in the last 30 years not named Vermeil.

If Arizona is looking at Todd Haley for HC then I think they give him more credit for their Super Bowl run than they do Whisnehunt.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 10:10 AM

Would be another fail hiring by zona. Haley-Kolb FTW!!!!

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284637)

Yeah, That's exactly what I said.

Cos having a defense better than the offense every year they went to a championship game means the offense was terrible! Boy, you're really good at this comprehension thing!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 10:18 AM

You said the strength of his team's have always been his defenses, yet his offenses have been pretty damn good EVERY year. Pretty damn consistent at moving the chains and putting points on the board.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9284550)
nope

Clark can and should inform reid that he is drafting a QB

reid can pick...but he's drafting a QB, period...that's the deal

no excuses

You neverland Reid if you put handcuffs on him. That's a fact.

KCSPORTSNUT 01-05-2013 10:21 AM

What would Chiefs nation do if Cassel starts the season.You know he could thrive in the west coast philosophy.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284683)
You said the strength of his team's have always been his defenses, yet his offenses have been pretty damn good EVERY year. Pretty damn consistent at moving the chains and putting points on the board.

Exactly.

His teams have ALWAYS been fairly balanced. The good defenses got them over the top. They weren't the only strength of the team.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSPORTSNUT (Post 9284690)
What would Chiefs nation do if Cassel starts the season.You know he could thrive in the west coast philosophy.

He can't thrive flipping burgers at McDonalds.

GTFO.