ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268521)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:02 AM

The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs

Let's try this again. I will only be happy if Reid chooses...

Poll forthcoming.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 06:03 AM

Hurry the **** up.....i wanna vote

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 06:04 AM

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd why is this taking so long???????

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284328)
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd why is this taking so long???????

PUT DOWN THE ****ING CRACK PIPE, CoMo! :p

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 06:06 AM

awwwwwwwwwyeah

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 06:06 AM

Gotta be with the #1 pick. Ill be supportive of pretty much whoever he picks with it, Althogh I really want Geno.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284332)
awwwwwwwwwyeah

What the **** are you doing up at 6am on a Saturday, baller?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:14 AM

So, I've thought about this again now that we have whom I consider to be a QB guru in KC. I'm not going to turn my back on this franchise, Clark Hunt is a fantastic owner and did everything he could to turn this team into a winner, and be supportive of his fan base. I'm not turning my back on him. I'm buying season tickets, and I'll be up at Arrowhead 8-10+ times this coming year.

But it's our damned turn for a franchise QB out of the draft. I want to watch Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley (:Lin:) develop under Reid, and hopefully turn into an elite QB in the NFL. Whether it happens or not, we'll see, but that's my hope. God, I hope it's not Barkley, but whatever. I accept whoever he drafts at number 1.

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 06:14 AM

16% for trading back16% for drafting in 2nd round
https://7chan.org/x/src/134745617527.gif

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9284341)

I actually expect people to calm down on the QB at 1 deal just a little bit. He is Andy Reid. We couldn't have gotten a better guy to coach a QB.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:17 AM

Just remember, if you vote "whoever he takes, I'm good", you just endorsed Matthew Brennon Cassel. :p

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284336)
What the **** are you doing up at 6am on a Saturday, baller?

passed out at like 6pm last night....so i've been up since 4am

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9284341)

If you can trade back and select Tyler Wilson in the first while getting more picks....then that's the best scenario...in a perfect world.

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 06:23 AM

If we assume that Reid and the others fall in love with one single QB, I can't imagine them screwing around and moving back and forth in the draft. Not unless that guy is Nassib or something. You never know what team jumps up and takes a QB you expected to last. If they like a guy, I doubt the play it too cute.

Ace Gunner 01-05-2013 06:25 AM

where's the "trade for Tom ****ing Brady" option. sheeeiit :D

J Diddy 01-05-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284344)
Just remember, if you vote "whoever he takes, I'm good", you just endorsed Matthew Brennon Cassel. :p

Can you imagine a scenario where Matty has to pass as much a game as Reid likes to? We'd be behind by 50 points at halftime.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9284353)
Can you imagine a scenario where Matty has to pass as much a game as Reid likes to? We'd be behind by 50 points at halftime.

LMAO Think Necessary Roughness where the backup QB screams "Blow the whistle! Blow the whistle!"

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284346)
passed out at like 6pm last night....so i've been up since 4am

That must've been some good shit. :bong:

Gravedigger 01-05-2013 06:41 AM

I just have a feeling that he's going to wait till the 2nd pick to get a QB. I really hope Geno gets Reid's attention with the Senior Bowl and Combine.

ncCHIEFfan 01-05-2013 06:49 AM

If the wait till the second round for a QB, who could possibly be worth our #1 selection?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9284361)
If the wait till the second round for a QB, who could possibly be worth our #1 selection?

There truly is not 1 player coming out of the draft that is a surefire number 1 pick. Not one.

Gravedigger 01-05-2013 07:02 AM

If we trade back we run the risk of losing Geno but probably have a shot at Wilson. If we wait till the second round the only two that may be there would be Barkley or Bray. I think that Glennon's stock will rise and hell be drafted 10-20 in the first.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284355)
That must've been some good shit. :bong:

:p

Red Brooklyn 01-05-2013 07:22 AM

I want Geno Smith. But Any Reid knows more than I do. So I'll only be happy with any QB that they like anywhere in the first round. I'd like to see us use our #1 pick. But if some wizard can move around and get our guy later in the first + pick up a few draft picks, fine. How could I not be happy with that?

The questions a little loaded, so for the sake of the poll I voted for the first option: Take a QB #1, because I'm just not so sure our guy will be there as long as some "experts" believe he will.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9284376)
I want Geno Smith. But Any Reid knows more than I do. So I'll only be happy with any QB that they like anywhere in the first round. I'd like to see us use our #1 pick. But if some wizard can move around and get our guy later in the first + pick up a few draft picks, fine. How could I not be happy with that?

The questions a little loaded, so for the sake of the poll I voted for the first option: Take a QB #1, because I'm just not so sure our guy will be there as long as some "experts" believe he will.

I tried to include as many options as possible, but I wanted to make sure I was clear about "I will ONLY be happy if..." because so many people said they were done with this franchise if we didn't fire Crennel, fire Pioli, hire a great HC, AND draft a QB with our #1 pick. I wanted to see if that was still the sentiment.

For me, I'm good with what we've done, and I will trust Andy Reid in any decision he makes, even though I REALLY want us take the best QB in this class with the first pick. Take no chances, get your guy. That said, I do trust Reid as he's probably the most qualified guy in the league at this point to find a franchise QB, wherever that may be. And with his offense, you know he wants a true franchise type guy.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284348)
If you can trade back and select Tyler Wilson in the first while getting more picks....then that's the best scenario...in a perfect world.

:spock: Yeah they are going to trade BACK into the top 5. That's where Wilson likely ends up when the smoke clears.

Red Brooklyn 01-05-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284380)
I tried to include as many options as possible, but I wanted to make sure I was clear about "I will ONLY be happy if..." because so many people said they were done with this franchise if we didn't fire Crennel, fire Pioli, hire a great HC, AND draft a QB with our #1 pick. I wanted to see if that was still the sentiment.

For me, I'm good with what we've done, and I will trust Andy Reid in any decision he makes, even though I REALLY want us take the best QB in this class with the first pick. Take no chances, get your guy. That said, I do trust Reid as he's probably the most qualified guy in the league at this point to find a franchise QB, wherever that may be. And with his offense, you know he wants a true franchise type guy.

I'm with you. That's pretty much exactly where I'm at right now as well. Though, I may be a bit more disappointed if we don't get our guy in the first round. Ultimately, I'm thrilled with what Hunt has done so far to try and right the ship. I'm on board next season. All the way.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:33 AM

I'm staying the course that we need to go QB number one overall even though I do respect his opinion.....and yes there ARE QB's available worth that selection no matter what that fool Kiper says.

mlyonsd 01-05-2013 07:34 AM

I chose it's up to Reid to make the decision.

But he better not **** it up because it won't take long for the good will of CP to disappear and we know a guy that has a plane.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:35 AM

Definately. Going the vet retread route has to end in a Super Bowl in 2 years or it will get ugly. But, seriously IT IS TIME for the madness to end and the Chiefs to take a 1st round QB.

the Talking Can 01-05-2013 07:36 AM

if we don't draft a qb with our #1 pick, I'm going walrus hunting

there is no excuse for this franchise not drafting a QB...none

anyone wanting to draft a lb or ol is a ****ing moron asshole and enemy of the right and true...anyone wanting to trade down for the 4th best QB just so we can draft a lb or ol is a ****ing moron asshole and enemy of the right and true

glad we settled that question, once and for all...though you'd think the last 30 years would have already answered it sufficiently...

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9284390)

anyone wanting to draft a lb or ol is a ****ing moron asshole and enemy of the right and true...anyone wanting to trade down for the 4th best QB just so we can draft a lb or ol is a ****ing moron asshole and enemy of the right and true

glad we settled that question, once and for all...though you'd think the last 30 years would have already answered it sufficiently...

We are only at 46 percent. We have ALOT more work to be done on this board than I thought.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9284390)

I'm with you. But I love seeing the discussion about it here, because everyone is so happy about what has happened to this point. It's fun gauging whether this is good enough, or if this board DEMANDS we deliver the final blow, and draft that QB at number 1, finally.

the Talking Can 01-05-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284395)
I'm with you. But I love seeing the discussion about it here, because everyone is so happy about what has happened to this point. It's fun gauging whether this is good enough, or if this board DEMANDS we deliver the final blow, and draft that QB at number 1, finally.

QB is more important than coach, gm, owner, god....

we've wasted 30 years without even trying...we're 2-14 with the #1 pick and the most embarrassing collection of QBs ever assembled

Clark's job is to tell Reid he is drafting a QB

if we end up with YET ANOTHER vet QB castoff, then this has been a waste, and clark has learned nothing, and we're truly ****ed forever

milkman 01-05-2013 08:02 AM

I agree with TC.

I am happy that Clark Hunt didn't sit around with his head up his ass, amd he went out and got the guy he targeted, even if he isn't the guy I would have hired.

I am happy that he finally canned Pioli to get it done.

But if Reid ****s around and doesn't take the best QB with the first overall, I am going to be pissed.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9284398)
QB is more important than coach, gm, owner, god....

we've wasted 30 years without even trying...we're 2-14 with the #1 pick and the most embarrassing collection of QBs ever assembled

Clark's job is to tell Reid he is drafting a QB

if we end up with YET ANOTHER vet QB castoff, then this has been a waste, and clark has learned nothing, and we're truly ****ed forever

I said this in another thread. Clark is not qualified to choose the QB for the Chiefs. He hired the guy who was best qualified. Don't hang Clark if we don't draft a QB. Hang the walrus. It's his choice, and his choice alone. Other than that, I agree with you wholeheartedly. We don't want Jerry Jones to run this franchise. I promise you that.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 08:10 AM

If we sign Michael Vick, I'm going to strongly consider picking a different team.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

I agree with one exception.

No Cassel. If Reid makes Cassel our starter I might really loseit, Vick too
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX 01-05-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284344)

As though, Coswell could execute a Reid offense. He wouldn't last one practice. Hell, he'd be coming to the line all trembly and sweaty and start shouting out stuff by Belichick, Haley, and in a panic reverting to some of his high school calls.

I don't think it could work out between them.

FAX

Saccopoo 01-05-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

That still stands for me.

Andy Reid is Dick Vermeil at this point - without the Super Bowl wins. You know the guy can coach and has been very successful in the past.

However, it's been 30 years since this team has taken a QB in the first round. The last QB the Chiefs have drafted in any round that has won a football game, any football game, has been Todd Blackledge. How's that for position futility?

Pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

The Chiefs have been a graveyard for has-beens and never-will-be's at the quarterback position. They've never had a successful QB that they have developed on their own.

It ends now.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2012/0123/n...ith_ps_400.jpg

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284416)
I agree with TC.

I am happy that Clark Hunt didn't sit around with his head up his ass, amd he went out and got the guy he targeted, even if he isn't the guy I would have hired.

I am happy that he finally canned Pioli to get it done.

But if Reid ****s around and doesn't take the best QB with the first overall, I am going to be pissed.

Milkman, can you explain to me, as a long time resident, why this place has such an enormous boner right now for Andy Reid?

The guy who assembled the 'dream team'. The guy who made his offensive line coach his defensive coordinator. The guy who signs players selfish players like Babin and Owens and expects them to be team first guys. The guy who grabs as many headlines for his personal life than his football success. The guy who's dominant unit (defense) was shouldered by another coach who is now dead. I can't stress that last one enough.

I mean I don't think Andy is the worst guy out there, but boy this place is ecstatic about it.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284382)
:spock: Yeah they are going to trade BACK into the top 5. That's where Wilson likely ends up when the smoke clears.

Tyler Wilson will not go top5

wheeler08 01-05-2013 08:44 AM

I want 2 qb's drafted like the skins done last year. Maybe Manuel in the 3rd or 4th. Not sure where he will go...

Rasputin 01-05-2013 08:50 AM

I want the Todd Blackledge curse to end. That is how long it's been from drafting a QB in the first round. It's our time to take a chance again. Chiefs average drafting a QB in later rounds about once a decade. Matt Blundin was the highest pick QB taken in the secound round in 1992. He had four snaps to do anything with.

milkman 01-05-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284487)
Milkman, can you explain to me, as a long time resident, why this place has such an enormous boner right now for Andy Reid?

The guy who assembled the 'dream team'. The guy who made his offensive line coach his defensive coordinator. The guy who signs players selfish players like Babin and Owens and expects them to be team first guys. The guy who grabs as many headlines for his personal life than his football success. The guy who's dominant unit (defense) was shouldered by another coach who is now dead. I can't stress that last one enough.

I mean I don't think Andy is the worst guy out there, but boy this place is ecstatic about it.

You'll have to ask the guys that are excited about it.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 08:59 AM

59 percent...Some baters must have finally woken up

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284488)
Tyler Wilson will not go top5

So, you are saying he's going top 5

okcchief 01-05-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

I think the fact that Pioli and Romeo are gone are probably as big as Reid being hired. This time last week when it was rumored it might Pioli and Ferentz I was not going to follow this team next year. Now there is at least hope. Sure, there are some negatives with Reid, but I believe he's as good as anyone available. I think the main thing has me excited is the selection of the QBOTF. I trust Reid to make that call more than anyone else out there. I hope it's Geno, but if not, I trust him.

Nothing is a given in life, but it at least gives us some hope. It also establishes the fact that our owner gives a shit.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Because he's the best coach we've hired since Hank Stram?

Who would you have preferred? Ken whisenhunt? Lovie Smith? chip Kelly? Bill Cowher?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 09:23 AM

60 percent winning percentage, QB guru, passing offense, connections to some pretty legit front office guys and coordinators, and 5 conference championship games. Varys gone. Number one ****ing overall pick. Yeah, that's why we are excited.

If you are going to hire a castoff coach, get one that hasn't won a Super Bowl.

KC_Lee 01-05-2013 09:25 AM

Got a feeling he trades down in the draft and picks up Bray around pick 13 or 14 in the first round. Given Reid's sucess with QBs I would have no problem with this.

the Talking Can 01-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284418)
I said this in another thread. Clark is not qualified to choose the QB for the Chiefs. He hired the guy who was best qualified. Don't hang Clark if we don't draft a QB. Hang the walrus. It's his choice, and his choice alone. Other than that, I agree with you wholeheartedly. We don't want Jerry Jones to run this franchise. I promise you that.

nope

Clark can and should inform reid that he is drafting a QB

reid can pick...but he's drafting a QB, period...that's the deal

no excuses

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9284548)
Got a feeling he trades down in the draft and picks up Bray around pick 13 or 14 in the first round. Given Reid's sucess with QBs I would have no problem with this.

Nobody is going to want to trade up.

Teams trade to get QUARTERBACKS.

If a team like the Chiefs that NEED a QB are looking to trade down, there's no reason to trade up.

mlyonsd 01-05-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9284550)
nope

no excuses

I'm guessing this was addressed in their 9 hour meeting and an agreement on what a QB means to the franchise. It will be interesting to see what that decision was.

Reid/Geno has the potential for great success.

luv 01-05-2013 09:38 AM

Any QB FA's this year worth looking at?

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9284573)

As starter? Haven't we gone that route enough?

I mean we are going to have to sign a couple back ups, but who really gives two shits there
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 01-05-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9284573)

Not only no but HELL no. Lets stay away from retreads for a change. We would need a back up QB but not to be our QBotf.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 09:45 AM

Our 1st and 2nd for Palmer

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo/Reighters

Rasputin 01-05-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284507)
You'll have to ask the guys that are excited about it.

My excitement is only if we draft a QB with our first. I got hope we do so I am excited for the opportunity. My excitement can turn the other way pretty damn quick if we pass on a QB & miss out any of the three top. Geno Barkley or Wilson. I really want Geno Smith with our #1

CLX 01-05-2013 09:49 AM

What if:

.. Reid brings Vick in?

.. Reid picks up Smith from SF?

.. Reid keeps Cassel?

.. Reid trades for Teebow?

.. we wait and see how it unfolds so we aren't bummed if he doesn't make the choice that we feel he should have?

One of the questions in the poll says something about letting him do what he must because he's the HC and knows more than us. Like it or not that's the direction we are going, I doubt that Andy is going to be reviewing all of the Chiefs fan sites to find out what the fans want in KC.

What I want is a Joe Montana in his prime type of QB.

CLX 01-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9284595)
My excitement is only if we draft a QB with our first. I got hope we do so I am excited for the opportunity. My excitement can turn the other way pretty damn quick if we pass on a QB & miss out any of the three top. Geno Barkley or Wilson. I really want Geno Smith with our #1

Think of the class of 1983, how many QB's went before Marino? My concern is that if the Chiefs pass on the QB's in the first round/second round we could be pinning our hopes and dreams on an unknown. What are the chances of finding the one diamond in the rough that far down in the draft?

CLX 01-05-2013 09:53 AM

Should have had a selection for "I won't be happy with whatever he does until I see some positive results from his action."

The one thing I've considered is that Reid has not won a Super Bowl, so the "get the guy that won the SB in to coach" curse shouldn't be present. Memory says that no HC that has been brought in to any team that has won the SB has repeated the feat.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284542)
Because he's the best coach we've hired since Hank Stram?

Who would you have preferred? Ken whisenhunt? Lovie Smith? chip Kelly? Bill Cowher?

Wiz was #1 on my retread list. Yes. Lovie was on the bottom..

As for Cowher... I'm not sure I really see a big difference between the two except the strength of Cowher's unit was always Cowher's defense.

The strength of Andy's teams have always been Jim Johnson's defense.

I don't think he's awful, but wow you'd think we just hired Zombie Bill Walsh or something.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284617)

As for Cowher... I'm not sure I really see a big difference between the two except the strength of Cowher's unit was always Cowher's defense.

Yeah, he's never fielded an offense worth a shit.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9284598)
What I want is a Joe Montana in his prime type of QB.

At least you have realistic expectations.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284617)

I don't think he's awful, but wow you'd think we just hired Zombie Bill Walsh or something.

Why would you want Whisenhunt? He's botched the QB position almost as bad as the Chiefs did. He needs to be a coordinator again.

As for the zombie Bill Wlash comment, there's a legit reason to be excited. The guy's resume is superior to every KC coach in the last 30 years not named Vermeil.

Imon Yourside 01-05-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284637)

LMAO

Rasputin 01-05-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284647)
Why would you want Whisenhunt? He's botched the QB position almost as bad as the Chiefs did. He needs to be a coordinator again.

As for the zombie Bill Wlash comment, there's a legit reason to be excited. The guy's resume is superior to every KC coach in the last 30 years not named Vermeil.

If Arizona is looking at Todd Haley for HC then I think they give him more credit for their Super Bowl run than they do Whisnehunt.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 10:10 AM

Would be another fail hiring by zona. Haley-Kolb FTW!!!!

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284637)

Yeah, That's exactly what I said.

Cos having a defense better than the offense every year they went to a championship game means the offense was terrible! Boy, you're really good at this comprehension thing!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 10:18 AM

You said the strength of his team's have always been his defenses, yet his offenses have been pretty damn good EVERY year. Pretty damn consistent at moving the chains and putting points on the board.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9284550)
nope

no excuses

You neverland Reid if you put handcuffs on him. That's a fact.

KCSPORTSNUT 01-05-2013 10:21 AM

What would Chiefs nation do if Cassel starts the season.You know he could thrive in the west coast philosophy.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284683)
You said the strength of his team's have always been his defenses, yet his offenses have been pretty damn good EVERY year. Pretty damn consistent at moving the chains and putting points on the board.

Exactly.

His teams have ALWAYS been fairly balanced. The good defenses got them over the top. They weren't the only strength of the team.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSPORTSNUT (Post 9284690)
What would Chiefs nation do if Cassel starts the season.You know he could thrive in the west coast philosophy.

He can't thrive flipping burgers at McDonalds.

GTFO.

Rausch 01-05-2013 10:23 AM

I don't think we need to take a QB at one.

I do want us to spend our pick on the guy we've evaluated as the best QB.

If that means it's at one - it's at one.

If we can get that guy at 5 or 8 or 18 that's fine.

But this is our only chance for us to decide our own fate.

Ever.

TAKE THE ****ING QB WE RATE THE HIGHEST...

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284647)

So he's better than Frank Ganz, Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, Gunther Cunningham and John Mackovic? Well shit, I'm totally sold.

Anyway I don't think he's terrible, but this board is so reactionary. Everything is always the greatest thing EVAR or the end of the goddamn world....

As for Wiz... he was winning and his QB got hurt and he was scapegoated. It's hard to replace a QB without the draft position to do it. He got Kolb and Kolb was playing well. He wasn't an answer, but contrary to the belief on this forum great QB's do not actually grow on trees.

The Eagles early in Andy's career were about as talented as it gets. If he couldn't win the SB with that team, I don't think he can. Especially since his game management is the main reason he doesn't have a SB ring. Andy will improve the offense and make us a better team. I have no confidence we will win a championship or even match his success from Philly.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284699)
So he's better than Frank Ganz, Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, Gunther Cunningham and John Mackovic? Well shit, I'm totally sold.

Anyway I don't think he's terrible, but this board is so reactionary. Everything is always the greatest thing EVAR or the end of the goddamn world....

You forgot Schottenheimer and Marv Levy. His record is far superior to both when they arrived in Kansas City.

That's not reactionary, that's fact.

milkman 01-05-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284703)
You forgot Schottenheimer and Marv Levy. His record is far superior to both when they arrived in Kansas City.

That's not reactionary, that's fact.

Actually, Marv Levy had the Chiefs on an upward spiral through his first 4 years, then got jobbed by the players strike.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284692)
Exactly.

His teams have ALWAYS been fairly balanced. The good defenses got them over the top. They weren't the only strength of the team.

Okay, try hooked on phonics. Your reading comprehension would be embarrassing to a kid in elementary school.