ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Judge Dredd (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231043)

silver5liter 07-23-2013 10:17 PM

Very good movie. I have watched it probably 5 times. Really hope a sequel happens.

BWillie 07-24-2013 07:05 PM

I don't know, I didn't think it was "wonderful". BUT, just from the first previous I saw and how bad the one before that was, I thought it was going to be down right terrible. When I saw reviews I figured I'd have to see it. It was good, but I was let down.

I would have been very surprised, but then I saw those damn reviews.

Tribal Warfare 07-26-2013 06:20 AM

http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage....&id=62906ebdcc

online petition for a Dredd sequel

Deberg_1990 09-03-2013 09:11 PM

Just watched this on Netflix. Kick ass flick. Urban was outstanding.

notorious 09-03-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9936521)
Just watched this on Netflix. Kick ass flick. Urban was outstanding.

I watched it a few days ago. It was pretty badass.

Wallcrawler 09-04-2013 07:35 PM

Sequel could happen. Looked pretty grim at first, with the film only making 32 million worldwide in theaters, when it cost 50 million to make.

Nobody went to see it in theaters, likely expecting as big of a junk film as the Stallone movie from the 90's.

Turns out when people saw it for a buck at Redbox, it blew their minds and they had to have it.

Based on DVD/Blu-Ray sales, a sequel could still be possible. This was a press release regarding the sales of Dredd 3D.

The verdict is in and Lionsgate (LGF), a leading global entertainment company, announced today that the home entertainment release of DREDD claimed the number one spot on the DVD sell-through and Blu-ray charts with 650,000 units sold, making it the best-selling new release title of the year. Blu-ray units accounted for nearly 50% of week 1 POS at retail. In addition, the critically acclaimed thriller, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek) as the titular character Judge Dredd , was the top film download for the week, outpacing all other titles in digital sales as well. Said Ron Schwartz , Lionsgate Executive Vice President & General Manager, Home Entertainment. “We’re also pleased that a film released on 3-D Blu-ray was able to top the sales charts, a clear reflection of how quality films in this up and coming format can find their audience.”

Im hoping they do one. Urban has said he's open to making another Dredd film, but when a studio goes nearly 20 million into the red on a movie at the box office, sequels aren't really tops on their to do list.

L.A. Chieffan 09-04-2013 07:48 PM

Raid was much better.

Deberg_1990 09-04-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 9938668)
Sequel could happen. Looked pretty grim at first, with the film only making 32 million worldwide in theaters, when it cost 50 million to make.

Nobody went to see it in theaters, likely expecting as big of a junk film as the Stallone movie from the 90's.

Turns out when people saw it for a buck at Redbox, it blew their minds and they had to have it.

Based on DVD/Blu-Ray sales, a sequel could still be possible. This was a press release regarding the sales of Dredd 3D.

The verdict is in and Lionsgate (LGF), a leading global entertainment company, announced today that the home entertainment release of DREDD claimed the number one spot on the DVD sell-through and Blu-ray charts with 650,000 units sold, making it the best-selling new release title of the year. Blu-ray units accounted for nearly 50% of week 1 POS at retail. In addition, the critically acclaimed thriller, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek) as the titular character Judge Dredd , was the top film download for the week, outpacing all other titles in digital sales as well. Said Ron Schwartz , Lionsgate Executive Vice President & General Manager, Home Entertainment. “We’re also pleased that a film released on 3-D Blu-ray was able to top the sales charts, a clear reflection of how quality films in this up and coming format can find their audience.”

Im hoping they do one. Urban has said he's open to making another Dredd film, but when a studio goes nearly 20 million into the red on a movie at the box office, sequels aren't really tops on their to do list.

Yea, that's too bad. I honestly thought it looked like garbage while it was being advertised last year for theaters. Boy was I wrong.

It was a nice gritty, tight, well made action flick. It was almost like a throwback to old hard R rated action flicks from the 80s and 90s. Too many movies are watered down for a PG13 rating nowadays.

Sure-Oz 09-05-2013 09:06 PM

I thought Dredd would be crap too, i netflixed and was satisfied. Hope it gets a sequel

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-05-2013 09:42 PM

Not a big fan. Effects for the sake of effects don't do anything for me.

Tribal Warfare 09-06-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9835341)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9942720)
I thought Dredd would be crap too, i netflixed and was satisfied. Hope it gets a sequel

here you go, and it's backed by the producers

Pepe Silvia 09-06-2013 09:04 PM

Just watched the remake after scoping this thread, I have to say it was wayyyyy better than Stallone's cheesy ass version.

Sure-Oz 09-06-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9943615)
here you go, and it's backed by the producers

Excellent!

Frazod 09-06-2013 10:36 PM

Watched it today for the first time. I really enjoyed it. Far better than the Stallone version.

mdchiefsfan 09-07-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9835341)

signed