ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bonecrusher Pollard, Wrecker of Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269150)

ModSocks 01-21-2013 12:07 PM

Hindsight is a funny thing. Back in '09 people were calling for his head.

"Always looking for the big hit, never wraps up"

"terrible in coverage"

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 12:09 PM

he sucked in kc, and sucked in houston....

he got torched regularly

BossChief 01-21-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9339016)
I think it was because he was willing to speak his mind, but your point stands.

He didn't like getting yelled/cursed at.

Rasputin 01-21-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9339029)
he sucked in kc, and sucked in houston....

he got torched regularly

He didn't suck that bad. I loved him in KC wanted to watch him get better over the years like he did. Super Bowl bound.

He was young that needed to grow up. He said the best thing for him was getting cut by the Chiefs to help him grow up in the game and take it more sereious. He may not have worked out for the Chiefs even if he stayed, good coaching can go a long ways.

Titty Meat 01-21-2013 12:13 PM

Its not like the chiefs were the only team who dumped him. Dude takes some bad angles and sucks in coverage. If pioli kept him we likely dont draft Berry.

BigMeatballDave 01-21-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9339026)
Hindsight is a funny thing. Back in '09 people were calling for his head.

"Always looking for the big hit, never wraps up"

"terrible in coverage"

This all 100% true and factual.

He did the same shit in Houston.

Shocking that when an ordinary player, at best, plays along side 2 HOFers, he becomes better.

BigMeatballDave 01-21-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9339035)
He didn't suck that bad. I loved him in KC wanted to watch him get better over the years like he did. Super Bowl bound.

Then you like garbage, because that is what he was in KC and Houston.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he now plays on a D with much better talent and coaching.

Bump 01-21-2013 12:18 PM

hell, that forced fumble probably sealed the deal for the Ravens trip to the Superbowl. Dude ****s up the Patriots lol.

tony77 01-21-2013 12:20 PM

Damn pollard. Hes the main reason cassel is even here.

Rasputin 01-21-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9339041)
Then you like garbage, because that is what he was in KC and Houston.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he now plays on a D with much better talent and coaching.

I don't like garbage, but I like to see guys work hard and grow up in this league and better themselves. That is exactly what Bernard Pollard did.

Some players take longer than others to develop it all depends on how patient you want to be with them. I still thought he had potential to be good. He gets to go to the Super Bowl so I don't think he gives a **** what us Chiefs fans think of him then.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2013 01:30 PM

Pollard was never cut out to be a Tampa 2 safety. We talk all the time about wanting an attacking defense, well, using him as a downhill safety who patrols the short middle of the field is exactly what he does best.

The man reaves souls.

FloridaMan88 01-21-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberSparky (Post 9338954)
Awesome. Somehow to me, he's more of a Chief than Tony G!

Yeah after all Tony Gonzalez "only" owns the Chiefs career receptions, receiving yards, receiving TD's, yards from scrimage and consecutive games with a reception records... all that is nothing compared to Pollard's two season in KC.

gblowfish 01-21-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9339038)
This all 100% true and factual.

He did the same shit in Houston.

Shocking that when an ordinary player, at best, plays along side 2 HOFers, he becomes better.

When he played here, he missed a lot of tackles looking for kill shots. He also had a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties, which he still has problems with in Baltimore. Having Ed Reed alongside has helped him. He may have been a great combo here once we got Eric Berry. He has matured, learned and improved as a player. Sometime a change of scenery is all a guy needs. That seemed to help Priest Holmes when he came to KC. Pollard is definitely Pats Kryptonite.

ThaVirus 01-21-2013 01:57 PM

That was a monster hit last night. Loved it!

GoChargers 01-21-2013 02:44 PM

Pollard is quickly rising on my list of favorites with each bout of tears he delivers to the Patsies and their fans.