ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fire Guinta and hire.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107836)

Alphaman 01-05-2005 09:52 PM

Fire Guinta and hire....

He Should be our next DB Coach

Leslie Frazier - former DC for Cincy; former DB coach for Philly.

He'll get picked up quickly by Miami, Cleveland, or SF.

We should move quickly and hire him, firing Guinta.

suds79 01-05-2005 09:57 PM

While I'm in favor of cleaning house as much as possible, we can't forget that the main problem is that these guys simply suck.

Sure fire Guinta but just be sure to send the secondary packing with him.

2bikemike 01-05-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79
While I'm in favor of cleaning house as much as possible, we can't forget that the main problem is that these guys simply suck.

Sure fire Guinta but just be sure to send the secondary packing with him.

I thought maybe Gun would light a fire under Battle's ass but that didn't happen. Can he be cut with out eating a huge cap hit? Can a new position coach do something with him? It sounds to me like he just doesn't have a lot of desire. It sounds like he's perfectly happy to sit on the bench and collect a check. Of course that could be just media BS.

Deberg_1990 01-05-2005 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
I thought maybe Gun would light a fire under Battle's ass but that didn't happen. Can he be cut with out eating a huge cap hit? Can a new position coach do something with him? It sounds to me like he just doesn't have a lot of desire. It sounds like he's perfectly happy to sit on the bench and collect a check. Of course that could be just media BS.

Thats pretty much Sims problem as well. He said the other day in his column that he didnt love the game enough. He just content to show up and collect a check. Its sad that Vermeil and Carl couldnt have detected that before they drafted the guy.

2bikemike 01-05-2005 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Thats pretty much Sims problem as well. He said the other day in his column that he didnt love the game enough. He just content to show up and collect a check. Its sad that Vermeil and Carl couldnt have detected that before they drafted the guy.

Wow I didn't see that column. That sucks. I hope he gets drummed out of the league and goes broke. I will then send him a copy of the song "Glory Days" by Mellencamp.

Deberg_1990 01-05-2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
Wow I didn't see that column. That sucks. I hope he gets drummed out of the league and goes broke. I will then send him a copy of the song "Glory Days" by Mellencamp.

You missed a good column then....here you go:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/10558928.htm

Here is Sims grade:

F-minus

12. Ryan Sims: According to NFL.com's official stat sheet, Ryan was credited with 15 tackles this season — 13 solo and two assists. Ryan played 15 games. For you non-math majors, Ryan averaged one tackle per game. Just for comparison, Detroit's Shaun Rogers, a Pro Bowler, was credited with 68 tackles. Teammate John Browning recorded 39 tackles. Last season, when Sims was simply an amazing disappointment, he recorded 38 tackles. How did we get here, the land of Trezelle Jenkins? Good question. Maybe it's time to admit that Ryan doesn't like football. Something tells me Dick Vermeil won't be shipping me any more game tape of Sims' play.

2bikemike 01-05-2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
You missed a good column then....here you go:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/10558928.htm

Here is Sims grade:

F-minus

12. Ryan Sims: According to NFL.com's official stat sheet, Ryan was credited with 15 tackles this season — 13 solo and two assists. Ryan played 15 games. For you non-math majors, Ryan averaged one tackle per game. Just for comparison, Detroit's Shaun Rogers, a Pro Bowler, was credited with 68 tackles. Teammate John Browning recorded 39 tackles. Last season, when Sims was simply an amazing disappointment, he recorded 38 tackles. How did we get here, the land of Trezelle Jenkins? Good question. Maybe it's time to admit that Ryan doesn't like football. Something tells me Dick Vermeil won't be shipping me any more game tape of Sims' play.

Oh I misunderstood. I thought you said that Sims admitted that he doesn't like football. That was from Whitlocks article that I posted on here. So I did see that.

TEX 01-05-2005 11:33 PM

I'd fire Guienta and let Gun hire who the hell he wants.

Deberg_1990 01-05-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
I'd fire Guienta and let Gun hire who the hell he wants.

Exactly. Guinta must give great nut jobs to DV or something? Dude sucked in St Louie and he sucks here.

Hammock Parties 01-05-2005 11:35 PM

Honestly, I wonder how much of an impact a secondary coach can have.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphaman
We should move quickly

ROFL ROFL