ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (4/6/13) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271829)

Direckshun 04-06-2013 03:18 PM

Mock (4/6/13)

The draft picks the Chiefs are starting with:

The Chiefs swap 1sts with the Eagles, in exchange the Chiefs get the Eagles' 2nd rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year.

The Chiefs trade Albert to the Chargers for their 2nd rounder this year and a 5th rounder in 2014.

The Chiefs package their 4.99, 5.134 and 7.207 for 3.88 and 7.232.

And they scoop up C Ryan Lilja on a one year deal.

That leaves the Chiefs with:

1.4:
2.35:
2.45:
3.63:
3.88:
3.96:
6.170:
6.204:
7.232:

First three picks:

1. Philadelphia Eagles: QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
3. Oakland Raiders: DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida

On with the show:

1.4: OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

With Geno out of the picture, the Chiefs absolutely must fill that left tackle hole, first and foremost. Fisher will have a hell of a fight to lock down left tackle against Donald Stephenson, with the loser getting right tackle. But soon after, the sky really is the limit for this dude.

2.35: WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson

I've run a few simulations and the receivers always fall out of the 1st, versus the passrushers who teams value more. Hopkins is a long-striding deep-route running compliment to Bowe.

2.45: DE Datone Jones, UCLA

I'm going to get some groans from SNR for taking a high-effort, low-moves guy. But the Chiefs need somebody to take over next year for Tyson Jackson, and the 3-4 DE is difficult to play. Jones is a prototype for the position, one of the best this draft class has to offer.

3.63: ILB Arthur Brown, Kansas State

Taken recently in the ChiefsPlanet consensus mock, Brown is a powerhouse of a linebacker that the Chiefs could use next to Derrick Johnson, with tremendous leadership ability and a nasty streak this team really needs.

3.88: FS Bacarri Rambo, Georgia

Rambo often falls here in mock drafts, so the Chiefs trade up with the Packers, giving them their 4th, 5th, and 7th to get Rambo and a 7th in return.

3.96: OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State

The Chiefs complete their crazy three-round run by swooping up Brandon Jenkins with the Brandon Carr compensatory pick. Jenkins has all the potential Justin Houston has, but maybe with a little less versatility. If he takes off, the Chiefs have all the leverage they need to make Tamba Hali cost effective.

6.170: RB Le'Veon Bell, Michigan State

Man, I really wanted to take Michael Williams here, but I get he gets drafted. Besides, the Chiefs roster spots are almost all filled now. The Chiefs really need a potential workhorse back who can punish defenses in goalline situations.

6.204: ILB Bruce Taylor, Virginia Tech

Taylor is light on athleticism but heavy on power. The Chiefs need more depth at ILB.

7.232: DE Dave Kruger, Utah

Well the Chiefs missed out on Paul Kruger's brother, Joe. But they nabbed the other brother, the significantly less gifted Dave. But if anybody knows anything about NFL-caliber preparation, it's the Krugers. Put him on special teams and let's see if anything becomes anything down the road.

Direckshun 04-06-2013 03:23 PM

Six picks in the first three rounds = four starters, two more with starting potential.

QB: Smith, Daniel, Stanzi
RB: Charles, Gray, Bell, Droughn
FB: D'Imperio

WR: Bowe, Hopkins, McCluster, Avery, Baldwin
TE: Moeaki, Fasano, Brock

LT: Fisher, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Schwartz
C: Lilja, Hudson
RG: Asamoah, Schwartz
RT: Stephenson, Schwartz

DE: DeVito, Bailey, Kruger
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Jones

OLB: Hali, Jones
ILB: Brown, Taylor
ILB: Johnson, Sturdivant
OLB: Houston, Jenkins

CB: Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Arenas, Menzie
S: Berry, Rambo, Abdullah, Lewis

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

Dave Lane 04-06-2013 04:29 PM

No QB 2.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...07#post9559107

bsp4444 04-06-2013 11:28 PM

I think I'm ready to think pass rush in the first and OT with one of the second round picks.

RealSNR 04-07-2013 07:13 AM

I LIKE Datone Jones, dude

RealSNR 04-07-2013 07:16 AM

Also, with the exception of Fisher and Kruger, you've undervalued every single player in this draft. This mock is entirely unrealistic. Some of the players you advocate drafting are going to be gone AT LEAST a round before you have them going in this mock.

Tombstone RJ 04-07-2013 10:30 AM

for the OP, there's no way Arthur Brown, Datone Jones nor Le'veon Bell go that late.

Nightfyre 04-09-2013 04:25 PM

Trading Albert for Datone Jones + a 2014 fifth is absolute fail. I don't see why we would trade Albert if this is how you are going to expend picks in this manner.