ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports INSANITY Workout – any CP Insanity veterans in here?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255946)

frankotank 02-08-2012 02:02 PM

INSANITY Workout – any CP Insanity veterans in here??

So my daughter says to me the other day…. “Hey Dad, you said you were going to get back to working again right? Let’s buy Insanity and do it together.” So I said (having no friggin idea what Insanity IS)…. “Sure. Sounds great.”
Well now I’m doing some research on it and I’m actually a little sick to my stomach. She’s a 6 foot solid muscled 18 year old (that somehow thinks she’s out of shape….women!) and I’m a 6 foot 250 lb 46 year old for Gods sake! I mean….I’m not a blob or anything. I’m pretty active....OK fairly active. I can still bust some moves on a basketball court…..I just gotta play the half court game now you know? I hit the treadmill from time to time. But for crying out loud what I’m reading about this workout is scaring the crap outta me! I’m really not sure I’ll be able to do this. Anyone went through this thing? This frigging workout is gonna show up in the mail any day now and……gulp…..I’m a-scairt!

loochy 02-08-2012 02:05 PM

What's there to be scared of?

bevischief 02-08-2012 02:06 PM

Never heard of it.

frankotank 02-08-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8358907)
What's there to be scared of?

Well at first it was failure. Then after some research heart attack entered my thought process!

Delano 02-08-2012 02:08 PM

Tell me more about this daughter of yours. Tight, little hardbody you say?

58-4ever 02-08-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 8358919)

And remember, this thread is worthless without pics...

Bearcat 02-08-2012 02:13 PM

From the commercials, it looks like the latest knockoff of p90x (or whatever that was a knockoff of).... so, do your best and forget the rest.

RockChalk 02-08-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

This place refuses to let me down LMAO

loochy 02-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8358915)
Well at first it was failure. Then after some research heart attack entered my thought process!

You won't have a heart attack. You'll work out as hard as you can, then your mind will give up. Don't worry about hurting yourself because you won't.

Skyy God 02-08-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

We need to know whether she's in shape enough for this workout.

For her benefit.

DrRyan 02-08-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8358939)
From the commercials, it looks like the latest knockoff of p90x (or whatever that was a knockoff of).... so, do your best and forget the rest.

I will vouch for the insanity workouts. I had done p90x twice without losing any weight, but I did put on lean muscle. Insanity is cardio for the most part, with pushups being pretty much the only resistance training. I lost a solid 36 lbs and was in as good of shape or better since high school after two months of Insanity.

I was never a lazy, sedentary out of shape guy before starting Insanity, but had a bit of a gut I was looking to lose and this workout did it quickly. I will say, it is going to kick your butt if you put the effort in. The first several weeks of workouts I was routinely at 170-185 BPM for a good portion of the workouts/intervals. Now I have a resting HR in the low 60s.

Do it man, it works.

frankotank 02-08-2012 02:38 PM

I shoulda known those daughter comments would be popping up....

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...24-300-419.jpg

ElGringo 02-08-2012 02:44 PM

I did the insanity workout and I am slim, but insanely out of shape. It will work you well, but as I recall he also gives recommendations of slight modifications to every exercise for those that need the help.

I also didn't feel so bad about taking breaks during the workouts when I saw the other people in the videos taking breaks in the middle as well.

mnchiefsguy 02-08-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGringo (Post 8359014)
I did the insanity workout and I am slim, but insanely out of shape. It will work you well, but as I recall he also gives recommendations of slight modifications to every exercise for those that need the help.

I also didn't feel so bad about taking breaks during the workouts when I saw the other people in the videos taking breaks in the middle as well.

My neighbor loaned me this, but I have been too scared to try it due to how out of shape I am. I suppose I need to overcome my fear and get to work.

Toadkiller 02-08-2012 02:52 PM

Loved insanity. Love that half the people in the video can't get through it either. I finished it but ended up hurting my foot towards the end, there is a ton of hoping and jumping, hard on the joints.