ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Kiplinger's Best Values in Public Colleges (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269476)

Pitt Gorilla 01-29-2013 10:29 PM

Kiplinger's Best Values in Public Colleges

Find your school here:

http://www.kiplinger.com/tool/colleg...eges/index.php

007 01-30-2013 02:02 AM

no Kansas schools on that list at all. Typical.

bevischief 01-30-2013 05:27 AM

Or North Dakota.

CoMoChief 01-30-2013 05:32 AM

Truman St in top 20?

I guess they don't factor in stuff like "Boring yourself to death"

Rausch 01-30-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9363895)
Truman St in top 20?

Entertainment is not a big factor, no...

007 01-30-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9363895)
Truman St in top 20?

LMAO

Sounds like a good place to send my kid.

DaKCMan AP 01-30-2013 06:24 AM

wazu 01-30-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9363916)
LMAO

Sounds like a good place to send my kid.

Yep. Need to start buying Truman state clothing and cheering for their sports teams. (If they have sports teams, that is.)

CoMoChief 01-30-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9363899)
Entertainment is not a big factor, no...

Well just the town/area is flat out horrible. Yes I get the whole education is first thing....but you look at the schools ahead of TrumanSt. You have a lot of Florida and Cali schools that have beaches and nice weather etc. Then there's crappy northern MO weather Truman St. There is just simply nothing to do in Kirksville. But it's a good school.

AustinChief 01-30-2013 06:28 AM

Decent list but WAY off base on a number of schools.. UF at #3 is a ****ing joke. I mean, not even close to funny as a joke. Anyone who HONESTLY believes that is so ****ing delusional that I won't argue the point. (To be clear, UF should be a top 10 school on this list)

Sorry, I guess this means I'm not awesome... but I am a realist.

DaKCMan AP 01-30-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9363933)
Decent list but WAY off base on a number of schools.. UF at #3 is a ****ing joke. I mean, not even close to funny as a joke. Anyone who HONESTLY believes that is so ****ing delusional that I won't argue the point. (To be clear, UF should be a top 10 school on this list)

Sorry, I guess this means I'm not awesome... but I am a realist.

Can you provide reasons more than just exclaiming it's a joke? UF has been top-3 on "best value" lists for years.

Rausch 01-30-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9363931)
Well just the town/area is flat out horrible. Yes I get the whole education is first thing....but you look at the schools ahead of TrumanSt. You have a lot of Florida and Cali schools that have beaches and nice weather etc. Then there's crappy northern MO weather Truman St.

Even though inaccurate you do realize the point was education vs. dollar?

Best value in education for every dollar spent.

Yes?...

AustinChief 01-30-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9363937)
Can you provide reasons more than just exclaiming it's a joke? UF has been top-3 on "best value" lists for years.

Hey, I agree that UF is a great value, but to put it above schools like U-M, UCLA, William and Mary is ridiculous. Let's just look at U-M .. there isn;t ONE thing UF is better at that I can think of off the top of my head. A business degree from U-M, Law degree, engineering(HOLY HELL), sociology, dentistry, pharmacology, physics, mathematics, library sciences(???) ... that's just off the very top of my head.. all of which a FAR AND AWAY more valuable degrees with U-M on the paper. And not even close on value. Again, I'm not pissing on U-F, great value school, seriously... but let's be realistic about the REAL world here.

DaKCMan AP 01-30-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9363941)
Hey, I agree that UF is a great value, but to put it above schools like U-M, UCLA, William and Mary is ridiculous. Let's just look at U-M .. there isn;t ONE thing UF is better at that I can think of off the top of my head. A business degree from U-M, Law degree, engineering(HOLY HELL), sociology, dentistry, pharmacology, physics, mathematics, library sciences(???) ... that's just off the very top of my head.. all of which a FAR AND AWAY more valuable degrees with U-M on the paper. And not even close on value. Again, I'm not pissing on U-F, great value school, seriously... but let's be realistic about the REAL world here.

UMich is a great school. However, their instate tuition is more than double the instate tuition at Florida. In fact, it's 237.5% higher. W&M is even higher.

The value measure is cost of attendance vs. quality of education. Florida's "value" is inflated due to such ridiculously low tuition rates. UF has wanted to increase tuition forever and once the legislature/governor allows them too then their "value" ranking will lower.

Gary 01-30-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9363937)

That's only because the registrar's office staples a Roxy script with directions to the local pill mill and two bags of bath salts to your school itinerary when you set up your classes. All you have to do to get in that school is take a picture of your teeth, and as long as there are some missing you're in.
Just kidding bro. Several of my friends down here are UF fanatics and we like to fling the poo so to speak.