ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Getting close to done (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264514)

Idahojim 10-01-2012 01:19 PM

Getting close to done

Been a Chiefs fan since they were the Texans. And I've about had it. Was even a columnist for their website for about 5 years during the Peterson days. But this is just getting ridiculous. My vote is get rid of Pioli and Romeo. Make a bold move and get Cowher in there as coach and g.m. Now. I truly think that the Hunts are not in this just to make money. They want to win, but they just don't know how to make it happen. Reminds me of the Fords in Detroit. Good intentions. Bad instincts. The Chiefs need a proven leader and winner. They have neither in the front office or on the sideline. Something has to give or there will be a lot of us who say enough is enough. And we find another team to which we give our passion as fans.

L.A. Chieffan 10-01-2012 01:20 PM

Your choice

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 01:21 PM

get a clue cc

Gonzo 10-01-2012 01:21 PM

I see this going well.

Graystoke 10-01-2012 01:24 PM

Thats a long time to be a Chief fan!
How did you do it?

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-01-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahojim (Post 8967118)
Been a Chiefs fan since they were the Texans. And I've about had it. Was even a columnist for their website for about 5 years during the Peterson days. But this is just getting ridiculous. My vote is get rid of Pioli and Romeo. Make a bold move and get Cowher in there as coach and g.m. Now. I truly think that the Hunts are not in this just to make money. They want to win, but they just don't know how to make it happen. Reminds me of the Fords in Detroit. Good intentions. Bad instincts. The Chiefs need a proven leader and winner. They have neither in the front office or on the sideline. Something has to give or there will be a lot of us who say enough is enough. And we find another team to which we give our passion as fans.

You're why I'm here. You mentioned CP in one of your columns back in the day and that's how I found this place.

Now you owe everyone an apology. Oh and me too.

RealSNR 10-01-2012 01:29 PM

Your columns on kcchiefs.com were great back in the day until Chiefs Planet destroyed my soul and will to live.

Sofa King 10-01-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Start writing again. CP will hire you for $1.00. Blast this front office with all you're worth.

gblowfish 10-01-2012 01:33 PM

Are you Rufus Dawes?

FAX 10-01-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

I feel your pain old-timer. Maybe not the knee stuff, but you know what I mean.

I tend to agree with your assessment of the Hunts. My take on Lamar is that he was no dummy and was ACUTELY aware of his public persona as a gentleman and a real nice, real rich guy. That was a contributing reason to why he stayed so loyal to his Chiefs employees for so long.

The jury is still out on CK, but my sense is that he would like to accomplish something he can call his own. That was the driver behind firing Carl and hiring Dr. Evil. As fans, our problem is that he will not act rashly and weigh the pros and cons until we are blue in the ass.

So take heart, old-timer, it's very possible that CK will again act forcefully to right the ship. It makes no sense whatsoever that he would take measures to hire Dr. Evil in order to bring us a championship simply to allow things to devolve even further.

FAX

keg in kc 10-01-2012 01:42 PM

Jesus, Cowher. If what we're going through right now is the death of a thousand cuts, that would be jumping into a pool of alcohol after.

Boise_Chief 10-01-2012 01:43 PM

Jim,

It really helps to not give a crap. I spent half the game laughing yesterday. My wife and I both prefer it to throwing things and yelling.
Pm me if you ever want to get together to have a beer and commiserate. I've tried in the past to have a chiefs planet meet up but it's never worked out and now I think there are only 3 active guys from our area.

HemiEd 10-01-2012 02:30 PM

Please say no to old retreads like Cowher. Just stop. "The jaw" was fortunate to get one SB, and he is just Marty 2.0 which is a big improvement, granted, over the current situation. Similar to Quinn over Cassel.

But if they insist on hiring a retread, after hamstringing the young guy Haley, I vote for Gruden if you could get him to KC.

Chiefspants 10-01-2012 02:37 PM

There's a reason no head coach has ever won a super bowl with two different teams.

No retreads.

suds79 10-01-2012 02:40 PM

Cowher? Still? Does the man have to be dead for us to realize that he's never coaching again? Come on.

Would you leave the cushey TV gig to go back in the cutthroat, 18 hour days of being a a HC?... Neither would I.