ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Any other Siavii fans out there? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115423)

BIG_DADDY 04-28-2005 09:17 PM

Any other Siavii fans out there?

I think he is going to surprise a lot of people here and have a big year.

Dave Lane 04-28-2005 09:19 PM

No. Logical says he lacks leg strength so i have to go with him.

Dave

Logical 04-28-2005 09:20 PM

Not me, but I hope I am wrong.

keg in kc 04-28-2005 09:23 PM

I don't know that I'd wager on it, but it wouldn't surprise me, either. It also wouldn't suprise me to see Sims have a huge year. But I thought that would happen in '04, and it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Anyway, I believe the infusion of free agent talent could lead to some a real jump in play from some of the people who've disappointed us in the not-so-distant past. I'm really looking forward to seeing the team on the field.

BIG_DADDY 04-28-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
No. Logical says he lacks leg strength so i have to go with him.

Dave

He did shit for weight training before he arrived. I am sure they have been on him since he arrived and having been in the gym most of my life I have yet to see an islander not be able to have scary strength once they were training consistantly. Maybe he is the exception but I hope that is not the case you gotta have a motor.

jspchief 04-28-2005 09:25 PM

Not sure I'd say I'm a fan, but I am still holding out hope for him.

tk13 04-28-2005 09:26 PM

I'm not really expecting him to be the great Samoan hope, but I don't think we'll really know for another couple years.

Logical 04-28-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
He did shit for weight training before he arrived. I am sure they have been on him since he arrived and having been in the gym most of my life I have yet to see an islander not be able to have scary strength once they were training consistantly. Maybe he is the exception but I hope that is not the case you gotta have a motor.

Troy, the kid has tremendous upper body strength, that is well documented as well as his deficiencies in lower body strength.

BIG_DADDY 04-28-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I don't know that I'd wager on it, but it wouldn't surprise me, either. It also wouldn't suprise me to see Sims have a huge year. But I thought that would happen in '04, and it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Anyway, I believe the infusion of free agent talent could lead to some a real jump in play from some of the people who've disappointed us in the not-so-distant past. I'm really looking forward to seeing the team on the field.

Sims / Contract year
Siavii / 2nd year in with a lot more weight training

This could be a beautiful thing. Both these guys step up this year combined with what we brought in for the D and nobody will be making fun of our D anymore.

BIG_DADDY 04-28-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Troy, the kid has tremendous upper body strength, that is well documented as well as his deficiencies in lower body strength.

I read that he never lifted until his last year at Oregon.

keg in kc 04-28-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

You're passing on year-old information in the present tense.

Logical 04-28-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Fair statement, but I have been searching the web on him and I find nothing about him taking on any serious offseason weight training. Anybody have any links to updated info?

tk13 04-28-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

That may be, but when Howard Dean is elected president he'll prevent that.

BIG_DADDY 04-28-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Fair statement, but I have been searching the web on him and I find nothing about him taking on any serious offseason weight training. Anybody have any links to updated info?

If he hasn't been consistantly training nothing will change, I hope that is not the case. I am ASSuming that he trained hard in the off season with his big contract and all. If he has he will have a breakout year.

keg in kc 04-28-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

I haven't heard his name mentioned at all by anyone. I would imagine, however, he's been weight training for at least the past few weeks, along with the rest of the team. I think if he wasn't working out, Vermeil would have mentioned it; he certainly isn't shy about outting the few players who aren't in town (Gonzalez/Holmes). I think it's safe to assume if the team felt he was deficient in the areas you mention, they'd have him working on that. But that's only an assumption...