ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chris Conley Vs Demarcus Robinson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315783)

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 07:18 AM

Chris Conley Vs Demarcus Robinson

These guys are likely to be battling it out for the third WR role in the team once the season starts. So the question is who are yall backing to win the spot? I heard Ryan Tracy and his buddy Chris blowing smoke up Conley's ass yesterday, saying it would be "ridiculous" if Robinson gets in ahead of him and I wondered why on earth would that be the case? Conley has been here for three years and has the grand total of ONE TD to his name!!...ONE.

Now granted, he may have been held back by Smith a little, but Is there anything in his game that he has that Robinson doesn't have? Imo Robinson is quicker, he's more elusive, gets separation better and has shown he can make tough catches all over the field whether it's underneath or over the top. Yet the way those guys were talking about Conley, you would have thought he was Randy Moss part two ROFL .

I just look at the last two games Robinson played against Denver and the Titans and I thought he was very decent indeed. His connection with Mahomes should also work In his favor too. If Conley proves me wrong and becomes an important cog in the offense then I'll gladly hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. But I just don't see anything special about the guy at all. And with him having only one year left on his contract, Robinson would be the one worth investing in now I think.

WhawhaWhat 06-13-2018 07:25 AM

Nate Taylor, the Chiefs beat guy for the Athletic, was on Petro's show last week and he said that Robinson was getting a lot of reps with the starters during OTAs. Granted it's just OTAs and the media only gets to watch one practice a day but I thought it was interesting.

Lzen 06-13-2018 07:31 AM

I hope they battle and the best player wins. I don't have a favorite. If one outperforms the other in training camp then he deserves the spot over the other guy.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13591165)
Nate Taylor, the Chiefs beat guy for the Athletic, was on Petro's show last week and he said that Robinson was getting a lot of reps with the starters during OTAs. Granted it's just OTAs and the media only gets to watch one practice a day but I thought it was interesting.

Yep, I heard that too and Nate said, "and he's been catching everything and looks good", So it's gonna be very interesting to see what transpires through training camp and In the pre-season games. I'm betting that Demarcus wins the battle in the end because his potential is way higher than Conley's imo.

Buehler445 06-13-2018 07:40 AM

Conley was planting really well before the injury. Had a lot of tough catches on 3rd down. Appeared to have really solid hands. Unless the injury hampered it his top end speed should be far better than Robinson.

Robinson had a couple bad drops. His top end is pretty slow. But his quickness and agility is better and should have a higher probability of making significant improvements than Conley and I THINK has less injury history.

BleedingRed 06-13-2018 07:55 AM

Conley runs a 4.3 something to keep in mind

ChiefGator 06-13-2018 08:03 AM

Conley will be our #3 and Robinson our #4, I predict.

More importantly, did you know De'Anthony Thomas is still on the team? In fact, we resigned him three months ago ( albeit just for a one year contract ).

Buckweath 06-13-2018 08:25 AM

I prefer Robinson. I feel like Conley is limited. He has stiffness. He is decent but Robinson seems to have more potential.

O.city 06-13-2018 08:34 AM

Conley was never a fit for an Alex Smith led offense.

He should be now.

OKchiefs 06-13-2018 08:39 AM

Either way, it's a good problem to have. This is likely the deepest and best WR corps we've ever had. We've never had a 1 and 2 like Watkins and Hill. Instead of fighting over a starting spot, now guys like Conley, Robinson, Cjesson, Kemp, etc. are fighting for the backup spots. We're likely going to have to release some talented players due to our depth, and that's a good problem to have.

RunKC 06-13-2018 08:56 AM

Robinson sucked in Mahomes game but maybe that’s because he didn’t practice with Pat during the season and had to adjust to Pat’s arm velocity.

Robinson would be a good fit doing some of what Wilson did last year. Conley should be in on every red zone snap. High point the ball in the air and let him get it.

BlackOp 06-13-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13591256)
Conley was never a fit for an Alex Smith led offense.

He should be now.

Conley also has the NFL combine record for a 45" vertical....I dont remember Smith EVER exploiting this advantage. I cant fathom being able to jump almost 4 feet in air from a stand still...that's insane.

People forget what a physical freak he is...and is fast as shit.

Robinson is getting a lot of reps because Conely is working back from his injury....we haven't seen Mahomes play with him yet.

WR3 is going to get a lot of action in this offense...

Skyy God 06-13-2018 09:05 AM

No idea who wins.

But I’d bet the Chiefs would prefer Robinson, since Conley’s a FA next year.

KCrockaholic 06-13-2018 09:19 AM

I think they’re both fairly equal right now. I don’t really have a favorite to win the job, just want whoever it is to be productive.

BleedingRed 06-13-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13591290)
No idea who wins.

But I’d bet the Chiefs would prefer Robinson, since Conley’s a FA next year.

That's how I see it, which is a shame that we nver got the most out of him