ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640)

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286863)
Team game and all, but this is pretty much the likely truth.

With Alex, you should know what you are getting. It's the same simple equation it has been over the last 3 years. If everyone else just does a DECENT job, Alex will do his... and that means KC will win.

Look at the 3 losses...

- Denver racks up over 100 yds on the ground.. over 300 yds in the air... and Sherman fumbled... losing the ball to Denver as we were in the RZ fixing to score. Our offense put up 344 yards this game.

- SD racks up over 100 yds on the ground... nearly 500 yds in the air... was 50% on 3rd/4th down conversions... Our offense put up nearly 400 yds this game, and took back a 4 point lead with only 1:22 left in the 4th.

- Denver racks up 132 yds on the ground... over 400 yds in the air... was over 50% on 3rd down conversions... Our offense put up 452 yds this game, and scored a 4th Q TD to get us within 7... but ultimately couldn't score on the final drive with 3 minutes left.

We lost the 3 games for a variety of reasons and shared blame... but c'mon... mostly our defense just shit themselves.

If we lose in the playoffs... I think it's fair to predict that it will be primarily due to our D not forcing a reasonable amount of punts.

Pretty much bullshit.

Look Jamal Charles might be the best player in the league, but if he loses two fumbles and the Chiefs lose than likely it's on him. Let's wait for the game to play out before deciding who lost it.

LMAO People are already digging in on this debate.

stevieray 12-17-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286864)
LMAO It's nice to know I get to you that much.

...says the guy who can't get over AS simply because of a piss poor Jets QB.

Sandy Vagina 12-17-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286869)
Pretty much bullshit.

Look Jamal Charles might be the best player in the league, but if he loses two fumbles and the Chiefs lose than likely it's on him. Let's wait for the game to play out before pointing fingers.

brilliant! let's wait before anything happens and not discuss anything prior! what a revolutionary forum this will be!
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/u...___by_auge.gif

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286877)
brilliant! let's wait before anything happens and not discuss anything prior! what a revolutionary forum this will be!

It's fine to speculate I suppose, but I've already seen one post where someone already stated that no way Alex Smith is the reason we lose a playoff game? Really? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but that feeds into the Alexcuse stereotype that people are trying to shake.

I really don't see any offense in the playoffs likely to carve up the defense outside of the Donks. I really don't fear the Pats offense all that much with Gronk out.

I think the Raiders game was just them losing focus and intensity after being up by so much.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286876)
...says the guy who can't get over AS simply because of a piss poor Jets QB.

Yes. That's the only reason possible for having doubts about Alex Smith. Sure.

stevieray 12-17-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10286889)
Yes. That's the only reason possible for having doubts about Alex Smith. Sure.

thread title?

ya, let's have doubts, considering that last two decades are so freeeeeeeaking great, and a new QB gets us to the playoffs with three games left.

ya, we deserve the SB THIS year.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286877)

There are WAY too many variables regarding this specific topic to even bother.

Alex Smith "defenders" are looking to paint Alex Smith "haters" into a corner.

"What if Alex wins a playoff game?"

He could win the game throwing for under 100 yards and no TD's.

"What if the defense gives up 30 points?"

How did that happen? Did Alex throw a few INT's deep in our own end? Did the opponent score on Special Teams?

People are looking for comments so that when he "wins" a playoff game, they can break out the "gotcha" moments, and nothing more.

BUT YOU SAID YOU'D BE FINE WITH HIM IF HE WON A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!

It's obviously transparent, so why bother?

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10286853)
Depends on the playoff game and what follows.

Questions:

1) Who did they beat?
2) How did they beat them?
3) What did the offense do?
4) What did Alex Smith do within the offense (i.e. was it efficient/consistently moving the ball against a good playoff defense? Did the offense perform better/worse against that defense than expected?)
5) What happened in the next game (i.e. did the Chiefs compete against an elite team and lose, or did the Chiefs get outclassed by an elite team? Did the offense hold up its end of the bargain?)

A Chiefs playoff win could confirm skeptics fears about Alex Smith. A Chiefs playoff loss could banish skeptics fears about Alex Smith. Lot of factors there, IMO.

Alex Smith's ability to win a lot of games in the regular season when paired with a great D and strong running game has never been seriously questioned (his two years in San Francisco proved that, at least). It's his ability to win games against elite teams that can put up points on his defense that has been called into question.

Chiefs would need to make a pretty big playoff run (at least to AFC Championship, and doing it on the back of Alex Smith) for me to be OK with committing to a long-term extension for Smith at a franchise QB price tag.

Outside of that, the only extension/commitment to Smith should be along the lines discussed in the Alex Smith extension thread. Something of reasonable cost and that can be walked away from in a few years without destroying the cap. (And even then, I'd say wait until after the draft and FA period to work that out).

Now we have a specific criteria for playoff wins?

Just admit you'll never like the guy and leave it at that.

This is all so petty and ****ing ridiculous.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 09:50 AM

History repeating itself.

2009-2011: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

2013: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

God, give it a ****ing rest. If your only argument is to bring up GS, maybe you should sit this one out until you can formulate a real argument?

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 09:50 AM

Saints also put up big points on his defense and he lead 2 4th quarter drives. I know, I know it's the Saints since we have to meet a certain playoff win criteria.

Anyong Bluth 12-17-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10285217)
This needs to be read out-loud by the haters every morning when they wake up.

Agreed.

Maybe they should watch this, because right now they seem about as clued in- plus it's ****ing hilarious!
(No option to embed this video- ya gotta click on the link at the bottom. )

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/17/buhu9uhy.jpg

http://screen.yahoo.com/daily-affirm...000000862.html

Mav 12-17-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286756)
Holy shit. All kinds of fortune tellers on CP today.

Hmm. Now you who was a part of the Alex Smith sucks fan club and told everyone how he would suck ass, now want to be defensive?

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286913)

2009-2011: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

2013: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

God, give it a ****ing rest. If your only argument is to bring up GS, maybe you should sit this one out until you can formulate a real argument?

I've swung and missed plenty, but it is ironic that the people who so staunchly defended Sanchez for 3 years, and called for Geno to go 1, are a lot of the same people who just don't seem satisfied with Alex Smith.

The act of "SB or bust" gets old when this team hasn't won a playoff game in forever. I know omg, omg, he's actually going to be happy if we win a sole playoff game? Yes, I am.

I'm enjoying watching football after basically 15 years of shit with 2 good seasons sprinkled in.

stevieray 12-17-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286913)

sit one out?....both of those QB's suck, yet both were rammed down chiefsplanets throat, when it didn't make a damn bit of difference. yet, here is a still active thread.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10286927)
Hmm. Now you who was a part of the Alex Smith sucks fan club and told everyone how he would suck ass, now want to be defensive?

So you want to equate a 16 game sample size to a one game sample size? Come on man, you're smarter than that. He's been better than I predicted as whole as I predicted an 80 QBR and he was that for most of the season, just recently did he bump it up to 90, but hell Peyton Manning was dog shit in most of the playoff games the year he won the SB. Who saw the defense carrying them to the SB?