ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640)

htismaqe 12-18-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10290792)
The apparent reality that someone like you even has a daughter... ugh... how proud she would be to see you express yourself like this. :doh!:

ROFL

The Franchise 12-18-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

The apparent reality that someone like you even has a daughter... ugh... how proud she would be to see you express yourself like this. :doh!:

Seriously? Go **** yourself, dickbag.

Marcellus 12-18-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10290718)
If Alex Smith won us two Super Bowls like Eli or one like Flacco, I wouldn't give a shit if we gave him the 20 million dollar contract.

I hope we get to find out how ****ing reeruned that idea is.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10290754)
I understand where you're coming from, but how much of that is due to age, and the fact that there are a handful of guys that make it really hard to break through? It's damn near the same teams that are playing in late January and early February.

Some of it, for sure.

Some of it also comes from the fact that there are other really good players and smart football minds getting paid to beat you in a zero-sum environment. Winning in the playoffs, let alone winning the SB, is really damn hard and sometimes failing to do so doesn't mean much more than the other guys simply played better on that particular day

Which again gets me back to my original point - there are things far FAR more important to determining a player's value and long-term worth to an organization than his playoff record.

Sandy Vagina 12-18-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10290798)
Go back and read JENKINSWINS posts on the subject. He first clarified that Smith had a better running game in SF until that was proven wrong. Then he stated that Charles's success is because of Alex Smith reading defenses.....proved wrong again.

That's fine... it's whatever at this point. In SF, every beatwriter was gushing about Alex's pre-snap reads and saying how it was frequently very helpful to the running production.

Whether that is true in KC, or was even true in SF... who can really say? You would literally have to break down each play while knowing the exact D-scheme and O-audibles to really know.

So again... it's whatever.. we wasted enough time on it. My comment was that it was well known (or often said) that Smith has excellent pre-snap diagnosis. I suspect this is true... and that it helps at times when JC rips off a big one after it looks like Smith changes the play. That's all.

The Franchise 12-18-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10290823)
That's fine... it's whatever at this point. In SF, every beatwriter was gushing about Alex's pre-snap reads and saying how it was frequently very helpful to the running production.

Whether that is true in KC, or was even true in SF... who can really say? You would literally have to break down each play while knowing the exact D-scheme and O-audibles to really know.

So again... it's whatever.. we wasted enough time on it. My comment was that it was well known (or often said) that Smith has excellent pre-snap diagnosis. I suspect this is true... and that it helps at times when JC rips off a big one after it looks like Smith changes the play. That's all.

So then Matt Cassel is able to do the same thing....correct? More yards and a better YPC average?

NinerDoug 12-18-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10290803)
Seriously? Go **** yourself, dickbag.

Funny thing about Alex Smith. The guy stirs up hatred like no other NFL player. Doesn't matter if he is playing shitty or playing well, he still puts MB posters at each others throats. Same thing still goes on in the NFL section on the Niners MB.

Very strange.

BigCatDaddy 12-18-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

<b>That's fine... it's whatever at this point. In SF, every beatwriter was gushing about Alex's pre-snap reads and saying how it was frequently very helpful to the running production. </b>

Because the San Fransciso Adam Teicher said so LMAO

Sandy Vagina 12-18-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10290829)
So then Matt Cassel is able to do the same thing....correct? More yards and a better YPC average?

Well again... there are other variables that come into play... blocking from the OL being a big one... how well a RB is seeing the proper lanes, another.

I didn't pay much attention to Cassell... nor could I have known without question what he was changing the play to.

htismaqe 12-18-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

http://i56.tinypic.com/1slj61.gif

The Franchise 12-18-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10290838)
Well again... there are other variables that come into play... blocking from the OL being a big one... how well a RB is seeing the proper lanes, another.

I didn't pay much attention to Cassell... nor could I have known without question what he was changing the play to.

So your argument is......

Alex Smith makes Charles better. But you can't back it up or show stats to solidify your argument.

Got it.

Sandy Vagina 12-18-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 10290831)
Funny thing about Alex Smith. The guy stirs up hatred like no other NFL player. Doesn't matter if he is playing shitty or playing well, he still puts MB posters at each others throats. Same thing still goes on in the NFL section on the Niners MB.

Very strange.

The occasionally intriguing thing about this is... as it was then... at some point, it stops even being about Alex Smith at all. It becomes poster vs poster.. and animosities of new and old exchanges.

htismaqe 12-18-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 10290831)

Very strange.

The thing is, I don't hate Alex Smith. Actually, I like him. A LOT.

It's just a shame that it's not good enough. Anything less than undying man-love is "hater" talk.

The Franchise 12-18-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10290841)

LMAO

htismaqe 12-18-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10290847)
The occasionally intriguing thing about this is... as it was then... at some point, it stops even being about Alex Smith at all. It becomes poster vs poster.. and animosities of new and old exchanges.

Probably because you're a ****ing douchebag.