ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640)

Hammock Parties 02-27-2013 12:45 PM

Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2)

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexcassel.gif

http://i.imgur.com/MwBEnUp.jpg

Old thread is archived here.

bshmerlie 12-17-2013 06:32 AM

If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith. It will be because of our defense. Giving up 30 points to Oakland is a problem. Our offense shouldn't have to score 50+ points to seal a victory. The amount of points we've been giving up lately is rediculous. We aren't going to get very far in the playoffs if we don't figure out how to stop someone.

bshmerlie 12-17-2013 06:33 AM

If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith. It will be because of our defense. Giving up 30 points to Oakland is a problem. Our offense shouldn't have to score 50+ points to seal a victory. The amount of points we've been giving up lately is rediculous. We aren't going to get very far in the playoffs if we don't figure out how to stop someone.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 10286670)
<B>If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith.</B> It will be because of our defense. Giving up 30 points to Oakland is a problem. Our offense shouldn't have to score 50+ points to seal a victory. The amount of points we've been giving up lately is rediculous. We aren't going to get very far in the playoffs if we don't figure out how to stop someone.

Can you hook a bro up with those Mega Million numbers since you can see into the future?

I'm pretty sure this is the exact type of post OTWP was referring to when he said people were already preparing their Alexcuses for a playoff loss instead of letting it play out so for those asking for an example I give you exhibit A.

stevieray 12-17-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286713)
Can you hook a bro up with those Mega Million numbers since you can see into the future?

I'm pretty sure this is the exact type of post OTWP was referring to when he said people were already preparing their Alexcuses for a playoff loss instead of letting it play out so for those asking for an example I give you exhibit A.

pisses in cheerios...exhibits A-Z

Mav 12-17-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10285089)
I find it strange that I took so much flak for betting that Smith would throw for over 3400 yards this season and now every early detractor I've encountered had him at 3500 yards and 25 TDs which just amazingly is dead on.
Hell, Clay had him there too. Amazing.
ALL career highs too.

Ironic isn't it. I recall getting slammed for saying he would break 20 TDs. Now everyone had him at 25 ish. Not clay though

stevieray 12-17-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10283661)
I won't? Well shit, thanks for letting me know I can't/haven't been enjoying it LMAO

Obviously anyone skeptical of Alex once to go back to drafting in the top ****ing five.

no ones cares if you enjoy it.

once? damn dude, did you graduate from HS??

Jimmya 12-17-2013 08:23 AM

I think a lot has to do with our negativity due to previous disasters in the playoffs. Hopefully the team can change pessimistic fans into optimistic fans.

King_Chief_Fan 12-17-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286723)

are you axing him a question?

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 08:26 AM

I missed most of Sunday's game and didn't DVR it, so I missed the Jamaal Charles show. Christmas pageants and family stuff. :banghead:

It does appear Mizzou DC Dave Steckel ran the gameplan for the Raiders on Sunday, based on their hilarious inability to stop screen passes.

That said, it definitely sounds like a positive sign and something to build on for Alex Smith. Hopefully the momentum will continue in that direction (it basically has taken me back to where I was after the Giants game - hopefully optimistic and close to being convinced).

Still not 100 percent sold but getting closer.

King_Chief_Fan 12-17-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

this n00b is right.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 10286755)
this n00b is right.

Holy shit. All kinds of fortune tellers on CP today.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286723)

Wants upon a time.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-17-2013 08:35 AM

**** it...let's win the whole damn thing. Top 5 PIG on offense and defense says we should fear no one.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10286762)
**** it...let's win the whole damn thing. Top 5 PIG on offense and defense says we should fear no one.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Anyong Bluth 12-17-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10284825)
So some of you guys are only going to give Smith this years playoffs to prove himself? if he doesn't win a game it was a failure of a season and he no chance to ever win another playoff game??
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed. He's already proven that he can win in the playoffs, and why would he be expected to be judged on the outcome of a game when of any sport, football is more team oriented of the major professional sports. He could throw for 300+, multiple touchdowns, make key 3rd down conversions both passing and with his ability to scramble, and have 0 turnovers, but if our special teams and defense are sloppy- you want to lay a blanket determination of his worth and say he sucks due to a playoff loss when he clearly was not the squeaky wheel.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10286798)
Agreed. He's already proven that he can win in the playoffs, and why would he be expected to be judged on the outcome of a game when of any sport, football is more team oriented of the major professional sports. He could throw for 300+, multiple touchdowns, make key 3rd down conversions both passing and with his ability to scramble, and have 0 turnovers, but if our special teams and defense are sloppy- you want to lay a blanket determination of his worth and say he sucks due to a playoff loss when he clearly was not the squeaky wheel.

I don't know that one win is considered "proving" something. But we've had that debate multiple times on this board.

The Chiefs could win a playoff game and it could not prove anything positive about Alex Smith (< 250 yards passing, poor 3rd down conversions, lackluster offensive performance would do it).

The Chiefs could also lose a playoff game and have it prove a lot about Smith a lot of positive things about Smith (If he plays at a high level but they lose due to D/Special Teams).

Eleazar 12-17-2013 09:09 AM

You guys who disliked the acquisition of Smith from the start - if he won a playoff game this year, would you be fine with going forward with him as a "franchise QB"?

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10286817)
You guys who disliked the acquisition of Smith from the start - if he won a playoff game this year, would you be fine with going forward with him as a "franchise QB"?

It depends on his performance in the playoffs and over the next 3 games as a whole. There have been some shitty QB's win playoffs games so I would base my stance on the body or work as a whole not just getting a win in the playoffs.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-17-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Half those guys think Geno is a good QB so does it matter what they think?

Pasta Little Brioni 12-17-2013 09:18 AM

He has been damn impressive since the bye.

King_Chief_Fan 12-17-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10286835)

excellent point!
That is a thread killer!!!!!!

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10286835)

LMAO You can't quit Geno.

Messier 12-17-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286769)

Where did you find that? That's awesome!

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Depends on the playoff game and what follows.

Questions:

1) Who did they beat?
2) How did they beat them?
3) What did the offense do?
4) What did Alex Smith do within the offense (i.e. was it efficient/consistently moving the ball against a good playoff defense? Did the offense perform better/worse against that defense than expected?)
5) What happened in the next game (i.e. did the Chiefs compete against an elite team and lose, or did the Chiefs get outclassed by an elite team? Did the offense hold up its end of the bargain?)

A Chiefs playoff win could confirm skeptics fears about Alex Smith. A Chiefs playoff loss could banish skeptics fears about Alex Smith. Lot of factors there, IMO.

Alex Smith's ability to win a lot of games in the regular season when paired with a great D and strong running game has never been seriously questioned (his two years in San Francisco proved that, at least). It's his ability to win games against elite teams that can put up points on his defense that has been called into question.

Chiefs would need to make a pretty big playoff run (at least to AFC Championship, and doing it on the back of Alex Smith) for me to be OK with committing to a long-term extension for Smith at a franchise QB price tag.

Outside of that, the only extension/commitment to Smith should be along the lines discussed in the Alex Smith extension thread. Something of reasonable cost and that can be walked away from in a few years without destroying the cap. (And even then, I'd say wait until after the draft and FA period to work that out).

el borracho 12-17-2013 09:27 AM

Only if he can throw an additional 4 TDs and just 1 more INT in the last two two games and become an alternate in the Pro Bowl.

Just kidding, even then he won't fit my definition of a franchise QB. Smith is having a career year and he still can't crack 300 yards in a game and still loses the overwhelming majority of the games where the opposition scores more than 24. Smith is a middle of the pack guy (even in his best years) and will never be counted among the greats. He is not a franchise QB.

stevieray 12-17-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286758)
Wants upon a time.

the day you leave?

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 10286838)
excellent point!
That is a thread killer!!!!!!

Not really a thread killer... as almost all of those guys (myself included) thought Geno Smith needed to sit for a year or two to acclimate to the NFL and thought landing in New York/that supporting cast/being thrown into the fire in year 1/etc. would lead to some significant problems.

Sandy Vagina 12-17-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith.

Team game and all, but this is pretty much the likely truth.

With Alex, you should know what you are getting. It's the same simple equation it has been over the last 3 years. If everyone else just does a DECENT job, Alex will do his... and that means KC will win.

Look at the 3 losses...

- Denver racks up over 100 yds on the ground.. over 300 yds in the air... and Sherman fumbled... losing the ball to Denver as we were in the RZ fixing to score. Our offense put up 344 yards this game.

- SD racks up over 100 yds on the ground... nearly 500 yds in the air... was 50% on 3rd/4th down conversions... Our offense put up nearly 400 yds this game, and took back a 4 point lead with only 1:22 left in the 4th.

- Denver racks up 132 yds on the ground... over 400 yds in the air... was over 50% on 3rd down conversions... Our offense put up 452 yds this game, and scored a 4th Q TD to get us within 7... but ultimately couldn't score on the final drive with 3 minutes left.

We lost the 3 games for a variety of reasons and shared blame... but c'mon... mostly our defense just shit themselves.

If we lose in the playoffs... I think it's fair to predict that it will be primarily due to our D not forcing a reasonable amount of punts.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286856)
the day you leave?

LMAO It's nice to know I get to you that much. Let is flow SuperFan, let it flow.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286863)

With Alex, you should know what you are getting. It's the same simple equation it has been over the last 3 years. If everyone else just does a DECENT job, Alex will do his... and that means KC will win.

Look at the 3 losses...

- Denver racks up over 100 yds on the ground.. over 300 yds in the air... and Sherman fumbled... losing the ball to Denver as we were in the RZ fixing to score. Our offense put up 344 yards this game.

- SD racks up over 100 yds on the ground... nearly 500 yds in the air... was 50% on 3rd/4th down conversions... Our offense put up nearly 400 yds this game, and took back a 4 point lead with only 1:22 left in the 4th.

- Denver racks up 132 yds on the ground... over 400 yds in the air... was over 50% on 3rd down conversions... Our offense put up 452 yds this game, and scored a 4th Q TD to get us within 7... but ultimately couldn't score on the final drive with 3 minutes left.

We lost the 3 games for a variety of reasons and shared blame... but c'mon... mostly our defense just shit themselves.

If we lose in the playoffs... I think it's fair to predict that it will be primarily due to our D not forcing a reasonable amount of punts.

Pretty much bullshit.

Look Jamal Charles might be the best player in the league, but if he loses two fumbles and the Chiefs lose than likely it's on him. Let's wait for the game to play out before deciding who lost it.

LMAO People are already digging in on this debate.

stevieray 12-17-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286864)
LMAO It's nice to know I get to you that much.

...says the guy who can't get over AS simply because of a piss poor Jets QB.

Sandy Vagina 12-17-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286869)
Pretty much bullshit.

Look Jamal Charles might be the best player in the league, but if he loses two fumbles and the Chiefs lose than likely it's on him. Let's wait for the game to play out before pointing fingers.

brilliant! let's wait before anything happens and not discuss anything prior! what a revolutionary forum this will be!
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/u...___by_auge.gif

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286877)
brilliant! let's wait before anything happens and not discuss anything prior! what a revolutionary forum this will be!

It's fine to speculate I suppose, but I've already seen one post where someone already stated that no way Alex Smith is the reason we lose a playoff game? Really? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but that feeds into the Alexcuse stereotype that people are trying to shake.

I really don't see any offense in the playoffs likely to carve up the defense outside of the Donks. I really don't fear the Pats offense all that much with Gronk out.

I think the Raiders game was just them losing focus and intensity after being up by so much.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286876)
...says the guy who can't get over AS simply because of a piss poor Jets QB.

Yes. That's the only reason possible for having doubts about Alex Smith. Sure.

stevieray 12-17-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10286889)
Yes. That's the only reason possible for having doubts about Alex Smith. Sure.

thread title?

ya, let's have doubts, considering that last two decades are so freeeeeeeaking great, and a new QB gets us to the playoffs with three games left.

ya, we deserve the SB THIS year.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286877)

There are WAY too many variables regarding this specific topic to even bother.

Alex Smith "defenders" are looking to paint Alex Smith "haters" into a corner.

"What if Alex wins a playoff game?"

He could win the game throwing for under 100 yards and no TD's.

"What if the defense gives up 30 points?"

How did that happen? Did Alex throw a few INT's deep in our own end? Did the opponent score on Special Teams?

People are looking for comments so that when he "wins" a playoff game, they can break out the "gotcha" moments, and nothing more.

BUT YOU SAID YOU'D BE FINE WITH HIM IF HE WON A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!

It's obviously transparent, so why bother?

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10286853)
Depends on the playoff game and what follows.

Questions:

1) Who did they beat?
2) How did they beat them?
3) What did the offense do?
4) What did Alex Smith do within the offense (i.e. was it efficient/consistently moving the ball against a good playoff defense? Did the offense perform better/worse against that defense than expected?)
5) What happened in the next game (i.e. did the Chiefs compete against an elite team and lose, or did the Chiefs get outclassed by an elite team? Did the offense hold up its end of the bargain?)

A Chiefs playoff win could confirm skeptics fears about Alex Smith. A Chiefs playoff loss could banish skeptics fears about Alex Smith. Lot of factors there, IMO.

Alex Smith's ability to win a lot of games in the regular season when paired with a great D and strong running game has never been seriously questioned (his two years in San Francisco proved that, at least). It's his ability to win games against elite teams that can put up points on his defense that has been called into question.

Chiefs would need to make a pretty big playoff run (at least to AFC Championship, and doing it on the back of Alex Smith) for me to be OK with committing to a long-term extension for Smith at a franchise QB price tag.

Outside of that, the only extension/commitment to Smith should be along the lines discussed in the Alex Smith extension thread. Something of reasonable cost and that can be walked away from in a few years without destroying the cap. (And even then, I'd say wait until after the draft and FA period to work that out).

Now we have a specific criteria for playoff wins?

Just admit you'll never like the guy and leave it at that.

This is all so petty and ****ing ridiculous.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 09:50 AM

History repeating itself.

2009-2011: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

2013: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

God, give it a ****ing rest. If your only argument is to bring up GS, maybe you should sit this one out until you can formulate a real argument?

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 09:50 AM

Saints also put up big points on his defense and he lead 2 4th quarter drives. I know, I know it's the Saints since we have to meet a certain playoff win criteria.

Anyong Bluth 12-17-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10285217)
This needs to be read out-loud by the haters every morning when they wake up.

Agreed.

Maybe they should watch this, because right now they seem about as clued in- plus it's ****ing hilarious!
(No option to embed this video- ya gotta click on the link at the bottom. )

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/17/buhu9uhy.jpg

http://screen.yahoo.com/daily-affirm...000000862.html

Mav 12-17-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286756)
Holy shit. All kinds of fortune tellers on CP today.

Hmm. Now you who was a part of the Alex Smith sucks fan club and told everyone how he would suck ass, now want to be defensive?

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286913)

2009-2011: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

2013: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

God, give it a ****ing rest. If your only argument is to bring up GS, maybe you should sit this one out until you can formulate a real argument?

I've swung and missed plenty, but it is ironic that the people who so staunchly defended Sanchez for 3 years, and called for Geno to go 1, are a lot of the same people who just don't seem satisfied with Alex Smith.

The act of "SB or bust" gets old when this team hasn't won a playoff game in forever. I know omg, omg, he's actually going to be happy if we win a sole playoff game? Yes, I am.

I'm enjoying watching football after basically 15 years of shit with 2 good seasons sprinkled in.

stevieray 12-17-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

sit one out?....both of those QB's suck, yet both were rammed down chiefsplanets throat, when it didn't make a damn bit of difference. yet, here is a still active thread.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10286927)
Hmm. Now you who was a part of the Alex Smith sucks fan club and told everyone how he would suck ass, now want to be defensive?

So you want to equate a 16 game sample size to a one game sample size? Come on man, you're smarter than that. He's been better than I predicted as whole as I predicted an 80 QBR and he was that for most of the season, just recently did he bump it up to 90, but hell Peyton Manning was dog shit in most of the playoff games the year he won the SB. Who saw the defense carrying them to the SB?

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286938)
sit one out?....both of those QB's suck, yet both were rammed down chiefsplanets throat, when it didn't make a damn bit of difference. yet, here is a still active thread.

What were your thoughts when we aquired Cassell?

Mav 12-17-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286940)
So you want to equate a 16 game sample size to a one game sample size? Come on man, you're smarter than that. He's been better than I predicted as whole as I predicted an 80 QBR and he was that for most of the season, just recently did he bump it up to 90, but hell Peyton Manning was dog shit in most of the playoff games the year he won the SB. Who saw the defense carrying them to the SB?

I'm not equating. The fact that he has surpassed wins and TD totals that people said he couldn't reach. That's the problem with calling people out for enjoying the rub and success

beach tribe 12-17-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Of course they are the ones who bring it up.........because those QBs suck.

Yet every time one of them even had a halfway decent game the shoe was on the other foot.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-17-2013 10:07 AM

He's headed for 27-7 ROFL

Sandy Vagina 12-17-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286897)
There are WAY too many variables regarding this specific topic to even bother.

Alex Smith "defenders" are looking to paint Alex Smith "haters" into a corner.

Oh I don't know... don't care about doing that and have not. The true haters have already been put in their place this season. Just pointing out that in each of our 3 losses, the defense gave away a shitload of points and yards. That if we do lose in the playoffs, I suspect it will be for this reason, primarily... as we have a precedent set for our losses.

ROYC75 12-17-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286863)

Look at the 3 losses...

Truth, it's a team game. As much as JC went off on Oakland, if guys were not doing there part, JC would not of had 5TD's and all of those yards.

At the same time, AS was not responsible for all the points scored the last 5 games, he was a part of it, just as the other players on the team doing their part.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10286951)
I'm not equating. The fact that he has surpassed wins and TD totals that people said he couldn't reach. That's the problem with calling people out for enjoying the rub and success

Let me try it this way. Going into the season we have a pretty good idea what an established player's numbers will be, right? We expect Peyton Manning to put up MVP type numbers, we expect Megatron to put up elite numbers. We we don't know is if/when they have that bad game. When does Megatron drop one that hit him in the numbers? When does Peyton through that INT in OT? You can guess what a player is going to be on a season, but to forecast what a player will do in one paticular game against a team yet to be determined in unknown conditions is just crazy.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10286903)

No, specific criteria for "going forward with Alex Smith as the franchise QB." The question that I was answering.

I assume Cochise's question about "going forward with him as a franchise QB" includes an extension and commitment to Alex Smith that pays him like an elite QB.

That whole post was about what it would take to jump on board with that type of extension.

L.A. Chieffan 12-17-2013 10:10 AM

If you ever said any negative about Alex ever and are now trying to say you "are surprised about how well he's playing", or something along those lines, gfy.

You are the very definition of a bandwagon wuss fan.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10286964)
If you ever said any negative about Alex ever and are now trying to say you "are surprised about how well he's playing", or something along those lines, gfy.

You are the very definition of a bandwagon wuss fan.

You are

And if you swallow every cum guzzling move your favorite team makes without any critical thinking/analysis you are the very definition of a homer. Congrats you are now a Deb Deitweiler/Stevie Ray.

L.A. Chieffan 12-17-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286967)
And if you swallow every cum guzzling move your favorite team makes without any critical thinking/analysis you are the very definition of a homer. Congrats you are now a Deb Deitweiler/Stevie Ray.

Better than a Debbie downer that shits on everybody's parade because their own life is crap. lighten up Francis it's football.

redshirt32 12-17-2013 10:18 AM

We just had the best game ever against the arm pit of the NFL

If only we had a QB to suck on JFC!

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10286933)
I've swung and missed plenty, but it is ironic that the people who so staunchly defended Sanchez for 3 years, and called for Geno to go 1, are a lot of the same people who just don't seem satisfied with Alex Smith.

The act of "SB or bust" gets old when this team hasn't won a playoff game in forever. I know omg, omg, he's actually going to be happy if we win a sole playoff game? Yes, I am.

I'm enjoying watching football after basically 15 years of shit with 2 good seasons sprinkled in.

You might want to read the thread, then - because I said the same thing. I want the monkey off our backs, and I really don't care how it happens.

With that said, there's also nothing wrong with people wanting to see how that game plays out. I'm not sure why it's a problem, considering the flip side - where people used the first 9 games as some sort of, "yeah, told you so" when anyone with a set of eyes knows he played average ball at best and rode the defense to 9 wins.

There are a ton of reasons this debate will likely never end:

-Many of the people involved aren't even arguing the topic anymore, they are just arguing the poster themselves.

-Many are absolute extremists who refuse to consider any middle ground.

-The Niner trolls continue to stir the pot.

-There are plenty of jackasses who can't formulate a coherent argument on their own, so they resort to bringing up Geno Smith.

-Some can't even stick to their original argument, and want to have it both ways.

Example: First 9 weeks - "He's 9-0! All he does is win!"

When pointed out that the defense/ST did the majority of the heavy lifting, the boilerplate response? "It's a team game."

Fast-forward to present day. We're 2-3 over the last 5 games. Apparently, it's not a "team game" anymore.

Nothing is going to change here, which is why I've stayed out of the conversation for the most part, along with the fact that AS has played well the last couple of weeks. Let's hope we continue to see "Charger Game Alex" and not "First 9 Weeks" Alex.

beach tribe 12-17-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10286967)

And if after your critical thinking has failed you, and you refuse to change your stance because you are an ass hurt bitch?
What then?

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10286971)
Better than a Debbie downer that shits on everybody's parade because their own life is crap. lighten up Francis it's football.

I've shit on Fisher and Alex Smith. Loved most of the other moves except cutting a FB that was drafted in the 6th.

beach tribe 12-17-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286976)
You might want to read the thread, then - because I said the same thing. I want the monkey off our backs, and I really don't care how it happens.

With that said, there's also nothing wrong with people wanting to see how that game plays out. I'm not sure why it's a problem, considering the flip side - where people used the first 9 games as some sort of, "yeah, told you so" when anyone with a set of eyes knows he played average ball at best and rode the defense to 9 wins.

-Many of the people involved aren't even arguing the topic anymore, they are just arguing the poster themselves.

-There are plenty of jackasses who can't formulate a coherent argument on their own, so they resort to bringing up Geno Smith.

-Some can't even stick to their original argument, and want to have it both ways.

When pointed out that the defense/ST did the majority of the heavy lifting, the boilerplate response? "It's a team game."

Fast-forward to present day. We're 2-3 over the last 5 games. Apparently, it's not a "team game" anymore.

Nothing is going to change here, which is why I've stayed out of the conversation for the most part, along with the fact that AS has played well the last couple of weeks. Let's hope we continue to see "Charger Game Alex" and not "First 9 Weeks" Alex.

Everyone is even more "team game" after the losses.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10286963)
No, specific criteria for "going forward with Alex Smith as the franchise QB." The question that I was answering.

I assume Cochise's question about "going forward with him as a franchise QB" includes an extension and commitment to Alex Smith that pays him like an elite QB.

That whole post was about what it would take to jump on board with that type of extension.

He's never going to be paid like a franchise QB, and he's never going to be a franchise QB, so I can't argue that point on my end.

I think he'll be paid for what he is. A good to very good QB. He'll get around 10-13 million a season if his play continues to point up.

Something like a 3 year, 39 million dollar extension.

I don't see Dorsey giving him elite level money.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10286978)
And if after your critical thinking has failed you, and you refuse to change your stance because you are an ass hurt bitch?
What then?

When proven wrong I'm happy to admit it. I was all in on the Patriot way bullshit :facepalm:

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286938)

And here's part of the problem - some folks can't help themselves and have to respond when things like the bolded are said.

Sanchez went to two AFCCG's, doing almost exactly what Alex has done for most of this season - ride his defense. Double standard.

Geno? He's a rookie QB, FFS. This place goes out of it's way to absolutely shit on young QB's, while defending the Thigpens, Cassels and Smiths of the NFL. It's a ****ing joke.

He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.

Swanman 12-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10286903)

It has become reeruned and morbidly entertaining. The vocal idiots are at the point of quadrupling down on stupid.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286976)

Everyone should get up and read this post the first thing in the morning. Too much butt hurt has warped people reasoning. I've seen Geno brought up by 2 different posters already this morning already LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286957)
Oh I don't know... don't care about doing that and have not. The true haters have already been put in their place this season. Just pointing out that in each of our 3 losses, the defense gave away a shitload of points and yards. That if we do lose in the playoffs, I suspect it will be for this reason, primarily... as we have a precedent set for our losses.

Exhibit A, Frank.

The Franchise 12-17-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286989)
And here's part of the problem - some folks can't help themselves and have to respond when things like the bolded are said.

Sanchez went to two AFCCG's, doing almost exactly what Alex has done for most of this season - ride his defense. Double standard.

Geno? He's a rookie QB, FFS. This place goes out of it's way to absolutely shit on young QB's, while defending the Thigpens, Cassels and Smiths of the NFL. It's a ****ing joke.

He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.

They're already writing off RG3 as a bust.

It's been said multiple times before but this fan base wouldn't know what the **** to do with a rookie QB.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286996)
Exhibit A, Frank.

That's the thing, there are morons on both sides and truthfully, if you're telling me you're a 49ers and Chiefs fan, I'm not taking a god damn thing you say seriously anyway.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286989)

<b>He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.</b>

In their defense it doesn't seem to just be a KC thing like I originally thought. I'm seeing dumbasses throw in the towell on RGIII already after 2 seasons. Most fans just don't have patience. Hell, the ones here are already making predictions for why we have a playoff loss.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10287006)
That's the thing, there are morons on both sides and truthfully, if you're telling me you're a 49ers and Chiefs fan, I'm not taking a god damn thing you say seriously anyway.

There are PLENTY of KC fans with the exact same attitude. I just happened to see his post first. There was another one just like it right after his.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-17-2013 10:31 AM

Being a fan of multiple teams is creepy as ****.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10286986)
He's never going to be paid like a franchise QB, and he's never going to be a franchise QB, so I can't argue that point on my end.

I think he'll be paid for what he is. A good to very good QB. He'll get around 10-13 million a season if his play continues to point up.

Something like a 3 year, 39 million dollar extension.

I don't see Dorsey giving him elite level money.

I've got no problem with an extension along those lines, as long as they have an early out (CAN cut without the cap dying). Almost all QBs deals are structured that way, so it's not a big concern.

At this point, I'd still think they can wait until after the draft and FA periods are complete before extending Smith. But that's not a major quibble or sticking point.

I also would have no problem with paying him like a franchise QB if he proves he is one over the rest of this season and through the playoffs. Would be pretty happy about that, to be honest.

What I hoped for is winning out over what I thought would happen, which is nice (and a welcome change, at least as far as the Chiefs go). Been a damn roller coaster ride, though... up over the first quarter of the season, down over the second, back up over the last half of the third quarter... hope we're done with the descents now.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10287022)

Not to mention lame and weak.

Oh, my first team lost. What did my second team do? Damn. What about this team that has that one player I really like?

The Franchise 12-17-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10287022)

It annoys the **** out of me that these 49er douchebags refer to the Chiefs as "their" team.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10286985)
Everyone is even more "team game" after the losses.

LMAO

What a crock of bullshit.

It's been nothing but, "well, Alex did enough to win, not his fault the defense gave up X, Y and Z" from the folks that screamed "TEAM GAME" when he was riding that same defense to a 9-0 start.

O.city 12-17-2013 10:49 AM

There's just too many factors and moving parts in a football game to use wins and losses to justify a single players worth.

Players do obviously contribute to wins an losses, but to put "blame" or "praise" on a guy is pretty insufficient in most cases. There are exceptions, but for the most part, wins as losses are team stats.

It's why I hate the way cowboys fans bash romo. He's carried a shit roster and put them in position for all those "chokes" that seem to always be on him. In reality, it's just not that simple.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-17-2013 10:51 AM

He has played some of the best ball of his career the last 4 weeks and the team is only 2-2, so you are right. 9-0 and was kind of meh.

O.city 12-17-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10287077)
There's just too many factors and moving parts in a football game to use wins and losses to justify a single players worth.

Players do obviously contribute to wins an losses, but to put "blame" or "praise" on a guy is pretty insufficient in most cases. There are exceptions, but for the most part, wins as losses are team stats.

It's why I hate the way cowboys fans bash romo. He's carried a shit roster and put them in position for all those "chokes" that seem to always be on him. In reality, it's just not that simple.

To add to this, it's pretty ridiculous to state because aguy sucks with x team, thank god we didn't draft him. It's a somewhat true that a guy might suck here too, but there are just to many variables to say either way.

O.city 12-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10287083)
He has played some of the best ball of his career the last 4 weeks and the team is only 2-2, so you are right. 9-0 and was kind of meh.

Winning is the ultimate deodorant.