ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Possible QB back-up options... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268848)

Exoter175 01-14-2013 09:47 AM

I'd love to have the Hasselbeck here on a 2-3 year contract, guy can play in just about any system, but would probably excel in a Reid offense in a pinch, which is basically what we're looking for here.

It isn't about having the "best" Backup, it is about having the "right" backup for the system. I don't see Palmer signing anywhere as a backup yet, he can still start for many of the teams in this league and do just fine, but I wouldn't cry in my cocoa puffs if we somehow magically picked him up for a year or two in case Geno is slow to develop.

Easy 6 01-14-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9315500)
Hasselbeck is such an obvious option that I'd be surprised if he didn't come here. He's the perfect fit for our needs.

I could definitely get behind him as the two, he's been pretty lightly used the last few years so he should still have a little life left in him.

He'd be a great mentor and pinch hitter.

Chief Roundup 01-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9315500)
Hasselbeck is such an obvious option that I'd be surprised if he didn't come here. He's the perfect fit for our needs.

Quote:

Matt Hasselbeck -- Jake Locker has shown few signs of stabilizing the quarterback position in Tennessee, but it's even more obvious that Hasselbeck isn't the answer. Noodle-armed at age 37, Hasselbeck's downfield passing ability has evaporated and he's become increasingly interception prone. The Titans are unlikely to pay Hasselbeck's non-guaranteed $5.5 million salary for a clear backup whose only real value would be to continue serving as Locker's clipboard-holding mentor.
Not sure about Hasselbeck. But I have always liked the idea of him as a backup.

Line Judge 01-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote from our new GM “One, are they a good guy? Two, do they work at their craft? Three, do they love football? Four, are they going to be good in the locker room? And five, would you like to have them as your neighbor?"

NO VICK

ChiefMojo 01-14-2013 10:03 AM

I'm liking the Hasselbeck back-up option more and more.... just seems like a great fit.

Crush 01-14-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9316480)
I was right about Clausen.

That's debatable. :)

CaliforniaChief 01-14-2013 10:08 AM

Hasn't Vick paid more than the price of his transgressions? Hasn't he been a model citizen since his rehabilitation? If Vick isn't here, it's because of his accuracy issues and his inability to stay healthy.

I think Fitzpatrick would be a nice backup, as would Hasselbeck. I'm also for any situation that puts Cassel in our division.

Az_Chiefsfan 01-14-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Detert (Post 9316911)
Quote from our new GM “One, are they a good guy? Two, do they work at their craft? Three, do they love football? Four, are they going to be good in the locker room? And five, would you like to have them as your neighbor?"

NO VICK

Hasslebeck and Fitzpatrick fit those criteria.

Kolb was actually decent for Arizona before he was hurt early this year. And that was behind a horrendous o-line and a anemic running game.

The Franchise 01-14-2013 10:30 AM

I would go into camp with 4 QBs.

Geno Smith
Drew Stanton
Jimmy Clausen
Ricky Stanzi

Cmd'r&Chief 01-14-2013 10:39 AM

What if...Sporano brings Tebow? Say what you want. But he's a hell of an athlete and would be an excellent back up QB in my opinion.

The Franchise 01-14-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9316971)
What if...Sporano brings Tebow? Say what you want. But he's a hell of an athlete and would be an excellent back up QB in my opinion.

An excellent back up QB?

He can't run a regular offense. HE'S NOT A ****ING QB.

Easy 6 01-14-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9316971)

ROFL

:facepalm: wait, thats not funny at all :facepalm:

Frosty 01-14-2013 10:46 AM

If he were cheap and strictly a backup (draft QB #1), I wouldn't have a problem bringing Quinn back.

ChiefMojo 01-14-2013 11:05 AM

He'll I wouldn't mind Quinn back as a 3rd stringer but not the back-up.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9316978)
An excellent back up QB?

He can't run a regular offense. HE'S NOT A ****ING QB.

Yep.

He's such a great option at backup that he got passed up by Greg McElroy.

If you're going to go with Tebow, he HAS to start, because you have to design your entire offense around him.

And you better back him up with guys that play like him.

He's not a backup for any team that has a REAL QB as their starter.