ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Die in a fire, Gamestop. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274057)

Miles 06-23-2013 10:47 PM

Did you buy these with a credit card? If so, you might consider calling and disputing the charges or going back into Gamestop and telling them that is what you are going to do if they don't fix there error.

Quesadilla Joe 06-23-2013 10:50 PM

Twisted Metal online is broken anyways, you would have spent more time sitting in a lobby waiting for the host to start the game than you would actually playing the game. The community is also really small and the only people who continue to play the game are really freaking good or they use the cheapest vehicles (Talon, Juggernaut)

The game would've been so much better if more people bought it and if the devs wouldn't have given up on it after a few months because Jaffe left Eat Sleep Play before the game released.

Mother****erJones 06-23-2013 10:58 PM

I used to play twisted metal on PS 1. Miss that game

BryanBusby 06-23-2013 10:58 PM

This is a long standing practice with Gamestop. I worked there a decade ago and we were taking new games home then and re-sealing them once we were done.

Yeah it's shady as ****.

Mother****erJones 06-23-2013 11:12 PM

We never reseasled games that I remember honestly. But that is shady shit.

Quesadilla Joe 06-23-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9771841)
I used to play twisted metal on PS 1. Miss that game

Yeah Twisted Metal was one of my favorites back in the day. Bought the Twisted Metal PS3 the day it released and it was fun but it took forever to get into online matches.

Gonzo 06-23-2013 11:21 PM

Never had a problem with them. They have always treated me well. I purchased a used Xbox from them, decided that PS3 was superior in every way, took it back and they traded me straight across for a 32 gig iPad.
They've always been really professional and have worked with me on every purchase.

Hell, one of their employees knows exactly what kind of games I enjoy and always sets them aside for me.

Bump 06-23-2013 11:33 PM

I bought COD Black Ops 2 there via pre order to the one here in dedham.

COD release day is a freaking busy day right? I mean, that's gotta be one of the busiest days of the year.

They had one ****ing person working the register and hundreds of people in line. This wasn't a midnight thing, I went at about 11 am on that tuesday. I felt bad for her, but that was the last time I've purchased anything from them.

I'll just go to best buy I guess, get in and get out.

Rasputin 06-23-2013 11:34 PM

I wouldn't go and say all Gamestops are the same. You just go to a bad store with a bad manager. I bet you right to corporate or call corporate office they will make it right. Complain above the store you go too.

I would be upset to buy a new game expect it to be new and find out it's been used. I didn't know Gamestop did that. Next time I go there and want a new game I will make sure & ask about that detail before I buy and make sure I can return it if I have problems with it.

I'm surprised they wouldn't refund your money or exchange the product for you.

CrazyPhuD 06-23-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9771791)
you can't win this one. Consumers don't have any rights whatsoever. All you can do is never shop there again. Reading this certainly makes me want to not shop there though.

Actually there is something else you can do. Go down to the local PD and file a police report, at minimum the crime is theft and if they want to pursue it the crime is fraud. They advertised a new product and sold you you new one.

Get a copy of the police report and take it to the manager, ask them how far they want to take this, because you're ready to go all the way.

As to your word against thiers? Actually it's not, it's easy to verify that you don't have an active code on your account. I'd also be willing to bet it's possible to verify that you tried to enter a code and WHEN the code was attempted to be entered which also backs up your account.

Additionally feel free to contact the Better Business Bureau. Again if you want your shit back you can get it, you just have to be a real PITA.

JD10367 06-23-2013 11:50 PM

I worked for Electronics Boutique 20 years ago, back in the days of Sega Saturn and Atari Jaguar and 3DO, and even back then we were allowed to take one game home at a time... Not to prevent theft, but to keep us up to date on games.

JD10367 06-23-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9771921)
Actually there is something else you can do. Go down to the local PD and file a police report, at minimum the crime is theft and if they want to pursue it the crime is fraud. They advertised a new product and sold you you new one.

Get a copy of the police report and take it to the manager, ask them how far they want to take this, because you're ready to go all the way.

Oh, please. Do you know how many things you've bought "new" that were probably returned by another customer? Department stores do it all the time. The cops would laugh at you.

Pants 06-23-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9771934)
Oh, please. Do you know how many things you've bought "new" that were probably returned by another customer? Department stores do it all the time. The cops would laugh at you.

So what about the online pass, then?

bowener 06-23-2013 11:57 PM

BRILLIANT sales tactics!!

WhitiE 06-24-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9771938)

Ahahahahhahaa