ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Die in a fire, Gamestop. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274057)

SnakeXJones 06-24-2013 12:09 AM

I always ask to see the back of disk before even taking my money out of wallet cause I always find it weird that they take new games out of sleeves since reading through this thread it's bs that they do that which is y I only buy day one releases from them. they are only good for that rewards program nothing else

SnakeXJones 06-24-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 9771953)
Ahahahahhahaa

Even Better http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...4-dead-2/75064

BryanBusby 06-24-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9771879)
We never reseasled games that I remember honestly. But that is shady shit.

They could of changed that process when everything just became Gamestop. The store I actually worked in was a Funcoland store (was owned by GS tho). They were doing the whole transition phase to Gamestop when I quit to go work at Best Buy. Yeah Best Buy sucked ass too, but a hot slut worked there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9771935)
So what about the online pass, then?

Complain to corporate. Stores cave quickly when that happens.

007 06-24-2013 04:34 AM

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago about what they do with new games. If I am buying a game new I almost always get it from newegg on release because they always have a preorder discount of around 15 bucks. I almost always buy used OLDER games at gamestop with the B2G1 free option and use my additional 10% discount on top of that.

I have never liked their practice of opening new games as a "theft deterrent."

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9771913)
I bought COD Black Ops 2 there via pre order to the one here in dedham.

COD release day is a freaking busy day right? I mean, that's gotta be one of the busiest days of the year.

They had one ****ing person working the register and hundreds of people in line. This wasn't a midnight thing, I went at about 11 am on that tuesday. I felt bad for her, but that was the last time I've purchased anything from them.

I'll just go to best buy I guess, get in and get out.

Having worked there that is just like them. I always felt bad and would tell people I'm sorry

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9771957)
They could of changed that process when everything just became Gamestop. The store I actually worked in was a Funcoland store (was owned by GS tho). They were doing the whole transition phase to Gamestop when I quit to go work at Best Buy. Yeah Best Buy sucked ass too, but a hot slut worked there.

Complain to corporate. Stores cave quickly when that happens.

It was EB games at the time. We would only borrow used games or new ones that had already been opened. I always look at my new games when I buy them.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 06:18 AM

Well now that you mention it, I bet that's why my friend has bought a game and you could hear the game bouncing around in the case. I thought that's odd it's brand new it shouldn't be doing that.

lcarus 06-24-2013 06:28 AM

Yeah Gamestop can eat a penis. I've only gone there in the past several years if I absolutely needed to in order to purchase something I wanted that day that no other store had. I'm sorry but I'm not buying a game "new" when they take it out of a paper sleeve and place it into an already opened plastic case. Whether it's been played or not. If I tried to return a game that was already opened and claimed "It's new because I never played it" they would tell me to eat a dick. So in return, I tell them the same thing.

Also, I don't want to subscribe to anything, I don't want to be a member to anything, and I don't want a strategy guide. If I politely decline once and they continue to push it on me, I tend to get a little rude, and they apparently can't deal with that.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-24-2013 06:32 AM

I'm sorry it happened to you, but I'll never step foot in another one after reading this. Consumer's worst nightmare...

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9772030)
Yeah Gamestop can eat a penis. I've only gone there in the past several years if I absolutely needed to in order to purchase something I wanted that day that no other store had. I'm sorry but I'm not buying a game "new" when they take it out of a paper sleeve and place it into an already opened plastic case. Whether it's been played or not. If I tried to return a game that was already opened and claimed "It's new because I never played it" they would tell me to eat a dick. So in return, I tell them the same thing.

Also, I don't want to subscribe to anything, I don't want to be a member to anything, and I don't want a strategy guide. If I politely decline once and they continue to push it on me, I tend to get a little rude, and they apparently can't deal with that.

What people forget is that the employees are pushed to get preorders from the customers. So that is why, like telemarketers, don't take no for an answer. Although I would ask once and that's it.

kepp 06-24-2013 07:08 AM

I stopped going to Gamestop long ago because of stuff like this. A lot of times you can get a new copy of a new game from Walmart for less than a used copy from GS.

Wallcrawler 06-24-2013 07:28 AM

So I called up my friend Cliff who actually works at the GS about 35 miles from where I live and asked him about some things. He basicly confirmed that yes, they do take the games home but they are NOT supposed to activate any codes and that the game is supposed to be returned in the shape it left the store in.

He says that they are supposed to only use the "gutted" copies that they used for display, and that his store does not even have a shrink wrapper to re-seal the games.

Its total BS that Gamestop cannot simply get cover art boxes to represent the product, without ripping open a brand new game and stashing it in a sleeve that is going to destroy it, while they still consider themselves entitled to sell it as new after half the staff has taken it home already.

Anyway, Cliff said that I should bring all 3 games and my receipt to his store, because he's 99.9% sure that his store manager would fix the issue immediately and get me either new copies of all 3 games, or a full refund.

I guess Im heading out there after work this evening to see what happens.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 08:22 AM

Ya that makes sense. There weren't game registration codes when I worked at GameStop.

ChiefsLV 06-24-2013 10:06 AM

I've bought exactly two games there. One was a "brand new" copy of Oblivion for PC and I found it really odd when they had to pull the game disc from a drawer and put it in an unsealed box. At the time I assumed they were just doing it that way to cut down on theft. The second game I bought was preordered so it came sealed and was truly brand new. Now I only preorder off of amazon with release day shipping and I buy and sell used on half.com. I steer clear of GameStop.

ThaVirus 06-24-2013 10:18 AM

I usually avoid GameStop because the guys that work there are snarky bastards. I've never met a friendly clerk there with good social skills. It's hard to describe but they're very condescending, like they know something you don't...