ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Saccopoo 01-18-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330109)
Here is NFL.com's overall rankings. Geno is 4th overall with a grade of 93.

If this is how the rankings turn out after the combine, he is our pick IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracke...bs:dt-by-grade

Note: this is kind of ****ed up that a Guard is the best player in this draft on this site. And how is Jarvis Jones not a top 10 talent? Or Damontre Moore?

Jones has a degenerative neck injury that got him released from USC. Their doctors wouldn't clear him to play there. Huge risk pick despite his very good stats from Georgia.

Quote:

If this is how the rankings turn out after the combine, he is our pick IMO.
You pussy.

You were so Anti-Geno. Stick to your guns. Don't be swayed by the NFL grade scale. You know you hate the guy. 10,000 other guys in this draft are better than him. I know, because you told me so. Don't cave in now.

RealSNR 01-18-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9330118)

You were so Anti-Geno. Stick to your guns. Don't be swayed by the NFL grade scale. You know you hate the guy. 10,000 other guys in this draft are better than him. I know, because you told me so. Don't cave in now.

It sucks that RunKC and BlackBob who "watch the tape!" and say that Geno looks just as raw as Jafatcus Russell will be reaping the same amount of satisfaction and joy on future Sundays as the rest of us. They'll even say stuff like, "I always liked Geno, but just knew he had a LOT to work on."

But then again, that is the very reason why we need Geno Smith. One of these days we're not going to have any need for labels. Gentile/Jew or Drafturbator/True Fan. It doesn't matter. We'll be like those happy-go-lucky Patriot fans that live here only not as douchebaggy. People will say, "Reid isn't that great of a coach, you're only good because you have Geno Smith." And we'll say, "Yeah. So?"

RunKC 01-18-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9330118)
Jones has a degenerative neck injury that got him released from USC. Their doctors wouldn't clear him to play there. Huge risk pick despite his very good stats from Georgia.

You pussy.

I'm not swayed by this. He still has a lot to prove and this is not a final big board. And if we do pick him, then I'll trust Reid and hope Geno makes me eat my words.

Since you seem to like this ranking so much, I wonder what your thoughts are about his pro comparison being Aaron Brooks?

RunKC 01-18-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9330122)
It sucks that RunKC and BlackBob who "watch the tape!" and say that Geno looks just as raw as Jafatcus Russell will be reaping the same amount of satisfaction and joy on future Sundays as the rest of us. They'll even say stuff like, "I always liked Geno, but just knew he had a LOT to work on."

But then again, that is the very reason why we need Geno Smith. One of these days we're not going to have any need for labels. Gentile/Jew or Drafturbator/True Fan. It doesn't matter. We'll be like those happy-go-lucky Patriot fans that live here only not as douchebaggy. People will say, "Reid isn't that great of a coach, you're only good because you have Geno Smith." And we'll say, "Yeah. So?"

This is ironic since you and Sac are the one's throwing the stats, extensive research and video of him?

And of course I'm going to cheer for Geno if he is a Chief. Why would someone NOT cheer for the QB of their favorite team to do well?

It would be no different for you if Glennon or Barkley was the QB. You wouldn't like the pick, but you would still cheer for them and hope for the best.

silver5liter 01-18-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330128)
I'm not swayed by this. He still has a lot to prove and this is not a final big board. And if we do pick him, then I'll trust Reid and hope Geno makes me eat my words.

Since you seem to like this ranking so much, I wonder what your thoughts are about his pro comparison being Aaron Brooks?

Aaron Brooks never completed over 60 percent of his passes in college.... 52% his final year with 15tds and 10 int. I dont see any comparison other than color.

silver5liter 01-18-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330128)

Wait a minute "If he continues to improve his accuracy throughout 2012" This analysis was done last year...

RunKC 01-18-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9330132)
Wait a minute "If he continues to improve his accuracy throughout 2012" This analysis was done last year...

Rankings are recent. Player profiles are not. Those will probably be updated in within a month in time for the combine.

silver5liter 01-18-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330133)
Rankings are recent. Player profiles are not. Those will probably be updated in within a month in time for the combine.

gotcha. Still though, even last year the Aaron Brooks comp doesnt make much since.

Hammock Parties 01-18-2013 03:30 AM

They're comparing him to Aaron Brooks because Brooks was a lanky guy with decent mobility and a pretty good arm who could chuck it down the field.

Unfortunately Aaron Brooks had a terminal case of dumbass.

RunKC 01-18-2013 04:03 AM

These mock drafts are hit and miss. NFLDraftCountdown had Geno going first last week and now Joeckel is 1st.

DC.chief 01-18-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9330079)
I can't decide if this is a terrible nickname or if I ****ing love it...

Its terrible. Cam is already claiming he's super man and shit sooo.. back to the drawing board.

Dayze 01-18-2013 08:20 AM

I think we'll know alot after the Senior Bowl /Combine.
NOt that those are the end all be all for evaluation, but one thing is a bi-product of those is you get an idea of what teams think of certain players.

most of those reports are smokescreens however.

If after those two events he's not mocked in the 1st, I would have to consider another option at 1. Not because I want to though. I want the dude here.

If the Chiefs would end up not taking him at 1, and not trading back - they damn well better trade back into the 1st (or wherever they think he'll be/when they want him).

If he's mocked as, say, #10....piss on it - take him #1 overall.

RealSNR 01-18-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330130)

And of course I'm going to cheer for Geno if he is a Chief. Why would someone NOT cheer for the QB of their favorite team to do well?

Never said you wouldn't cheer for him. Currently around this place, though, you're doing a lot more shitting on him than you are cheering for him.

That's cool that you have a different preference for the Chiefs QB at #1. But if you say you like Geno, then your analysis of "he still has a lot to prove" is pretty disingenuous. You're not seeing the big picture.

Compare this to me. My #1 guy is Geno. I DO, however, like Tyler Wilson. At this point my only concern with Wilson is those two concussions. There's no "he has a lot to prove" bullshit. I already think he would make a good QB to take at #1 overall in most drafts. And the same goes for Barkley, only I prefer him even less to Wilson and Geno.

Only guy I'd be pretty ****ing pissed about drafting at 1 is Glennon. If we did that I might create a "Mother**** you Andy Reid" thread

O.city 01-18-2013 01:16 PM

Geno is the best fit for Reids offense. Gonna be the pick.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9330258)
I think we'll know alot after the Senior Bowl /Combine.
NOt that those are the end all be all for evaluation, but one thing is a bi-product of those is you get an idea of what teams think of certain players.

most of those reports are smokescreens however.

If after those two events he's not mocked in the 1st, I would have to consider another option at 1. Not because I want to though. I want the dude here.

If the Chiefs would end up not taking him at 1, and not trading back - they damn well better trade back into the 1st (or wherever they think he'll be/when they want him).

If he's mocked as, say, #10....piss on it - take him #1 overall.

The senior bowl is a good setting for guy's like Mayock and Kiper to talk to scouts, GMs, and coaches. Half of it is smoke but, most of that smoke is from the mid round picks down. The smoke usually clears for the top 10 after the senior bowl. There usually aren't many suprises as far as who will go in the top 10. Where they go is the question.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330906)
Geno is the best fit for Reids offense. Gonna be the pick.

I don't know man. I think Wilson is the best pick for Reid's offense. He is more mobile. He looks like a Favre or McNabb kind of prospect. I'm not saying he compares to those guys. I am just saying his style is much more like theirs than Geno's.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:22 PM

Geno's more accurate.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330932)
Geno's more accurate.

I'm not going to argue what I see in him because I have seen what happens to people that do.:) I like Wilson better and I'll leave it at that. Geno is a close second for me.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:27 PM

Fair enough.

ModSocks 01-18-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9330944)
I'm not going to argue what I see in him because I have seen what happens to people that do.:) I like Wilson better and I'll leave it at that. Geno is a close second for me.

Nothing wrong with liking Tyler Wilson. There is a lot to like about him. I like him too.

But.....

His concussion history may be enough to knock him out of the 1st round.

Sorter 01-18-2013 02:01 PM

As someone who was on board for Wilson last year and throughout the early parts of this year, he's a solid prospect. I wanted the Chiefs to avoid Tannehill and get Wilson this year. Geno has shown this year he's a better QB, in addition to the film I've broken down last year. Geno>Wilson IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 02:31 PM

In!

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9331058)
As someone who was on board for Wilson last year and throughout the early parts of this year, he's a solid prospect. I wanted the Chiefs to avoid Tannehill and get Wilson this year. Geno has shown this year he's a better QB, in addition to the film I've broken down last year. Geno>Wilson IMO.

Have you compared 2011 Wilson to 2012 Geno? That's what I'm doing. I threw out Wilson's 2012 tape because he lost three receivers to the draft and his HC. Look how much the Saints and Brees struggled with Payton gone? It's the same for Wilson imo.

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 02:35 PM

sweet...can i throw out any of Smith's games I don't like?

since QBs will never face adversity in the NFL, we shouldn't count those...

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9331132)

You can do whatever you want. :toast:

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 02:38 PM

sweet...none of Smith's losses count

just because

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Reid will examine the 2013 draft prospects and will determine that Geno Smith will be taken 1st overall. It’s no secret that Andy Reid falls in love with mobile quarterbacks like Donavan McNabb and Michael Vick. That’s exactly what Geno Smith is.
****in' A.

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 02:40 PM

by the way, if you throw out Smiths int...he threw 0 ints

pretty much unprecedented..draft him

jd1020 01-18-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9331151)

If you throw out his incomplete passes he completed 100% of his passes!

duncan_idaho 01-18-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9331148)
****in' A.

Wait, where is that from?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9331189)
Wait, where is that from?

The article that is referenced in the "Andy Reid's first priority: Quarterback"-thread.

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9331144)
sweet...none of Smith's losses count

just because

I wanted to criticize for a long time but once I realized this was the best out there.....eh......*sigh*.........let's draft him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9331210)
I wanted to criticize for a long time but once I realized this was the best out there.....eh......*sigh*.........let's draft him.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/att...champipple.jpg

:toast:

RealSNR 01-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9331210)

Awww yeeeeaaahh Rausch is coming aboard :)

It will be awesome, dude. Just think of Geno as the black 0dd T0dd. He, too, can beat the crap out of small town bar bouncers!

Sorter 01-18-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331128)
Have you compared 2011 Wilson to 2012 Geno? That's what I'm doing. I threw out Wilson's 2012 tape because he lost three receivers to the draft and his HC. Look how much the Saints and Brees struggled with Payton gone? It's the same for Wilson imo.

Yes, I've seen all of their games from both 2012 and 2011 as well as a few from 2010 from both. To throw out Wilson's tape this year entirely is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board. ROFL

Sorter 01-18-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9331132)

LMAO

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9331286)
Awww yeeeeaaahh Rausch is coming aboard :)

It will be awesome, dude. Just think of Geno as the black 0dd T0dd. He, too, can beat the crap out of small town bar bouncers!

**** yeah!

The Geno T0dd!1!

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9331215)

I want that on a sweaty wife beater...

DaFace 01-18-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9329800)
Is there a limit to how many pages a thread can have?

And don't worry, I won't ruin your fun in this thread :)

The 10k rule isn't a hard limit or anything, but the bigger a thread gets, the slower it will be to load and the more of a load it puts on the server. 10k was a reasonable cutoff just because we probably don't have more than 15-20 threads of that size in total, but a really popular thread that's even smaller than that (such as the SOC thread) will cause the same kinds of issues. It's not a huge deal or anything, but they tend to cause the server to lag for a minute or two.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9331313)
Yes, I've seen all of their games from both 2012 and 2011 as well as a few from 2010 from both. To throw out Wilson's tape this year entirely is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board. ROFL

You think team's are going to mostly watch 2012 film of the Saints or, 2011-2010 on down next year?

Sorter 01-18-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331338)
You think team's are going to mostly watch 2012 film of the Saints or, 2011-2010 on down next year?

Well, since they'll have a different playcaller, primarily they'll watch 2011. HOwever, they aren't going to completely throw out their film from last year, especially if they were evaluating individual players (example, evaluating players that will be UFAs)

It's beyond stupid to throw out Wilson's tape from this year. There are some solid things he did and some not so solid plays. To completely discount the negatives or both is just ****ing dumb.

whoman69 01-18-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9331151)

If only we could do this with the federal budget

Rausch 01-18-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9331352)
If only we could do this with the federal budget

Well, guess you should have elected him then...

htismaqe 01-18-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

If it were just Wilson, it would be one thing.

But given the track record of Petrino QBs in the NFL, the 2012 tape HAS to be considered. It's a legit red flag.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-18-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9330131)
Aaron Brooks never completed over 60 percent of his passes in college.... 52% his final year with 15tds and 10 int. I dont see any comparison other than color.

pwnd

htismaqe 01-18-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330130)

In the end, this is why taking Geno is a win-win for Clark.

hometeam 01-18-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9330007)
Haha and I thought I was the only nerd that made Geno on Madden.

are you kidding me?!

You want to see some nerd?~

http://i.imgur.com/habCG.jpg

Chiefnj2 01-18-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9331643)
If it were just Wilson, it would be one thing.

But given the track record of Petrino QBs in the NFL, the 2012 tape HAS to be considered. It's a legit red flag.

And being an air-raid QB isn't a red flag?

Saccopoo 01-18-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9330091)
personally, i wouldn't go that high for Geno as I think he can be had a bit lower down and i think you've got an entire team to build

course that's just my opinion and i got crushed for it in the Draft thread, being a NooB the negreps rained down on me which i found to be fair enough

Your post sucks.

Negged.

Saccopoo 01-18-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

How about 2011 Geno Smith versus 2011 Wilson?

That seems fair too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OrUpzWQr0x4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GB5OW9i7KHs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HolyHat 01-18-2013 11:18 PM

A huge misconception by fans of other teams, they think we have a terrible team. We have some serious talent on this team. All we need is an average to above average QB with a coaching staff that doesn't have anything to do with the patriots.

We get a QB this year and we contend for not only the division but the Lamar Hunt trophy

Saccopoo 01-18-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9332083)
A huge misconception by fans of other teams, they think we have a terrible team. We have some serious talent on this team. All we need is an average to above average QB with a coaching staff that doesn't have anything to do with the patriots.

We get a QB this year and we contend for not only the division but the Lamar Hunt trophy

It's time to bring that shit back home.

Geno is going to be holding that trophy just like this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/ima.../136435096.jpg

HolyHat 01-18-2013 11:23 PM

Geno has the prettiest balls in this draft...he also throws some really nice passes

BossChief 01-18-2013 11:32 PM

Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.

We currently have 10 defenders that were drafted in the third round or earlier. And 6 first round picks on that side of the ball.

Berry 1
Flowers 2
DJ 1
Hali 1
Houston 3
Dorsey 1
Poe 1
Jackson 1
Arenas 2
Bailey

You know how to sell tickets?

Draft a quarterback that can make the offense exciting for once.

HolyHat 01-18-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9332111)

You know how to sell tickets? .

Dexter McCluster?

HolyHat 01-18-2013 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hide your wife, hide your kids...Geno gonna rape errbody up in here

RunKC 01-18-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9331643)
If it were just Geno, it would be one thing.

But given the track record of spread QBs in the NFL, the 2011/2012 tape HAS to be considered. It's a legit red flag.

See what I did there? :)

NJChiefsFan 01-18-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9331704)
are you kidding me?!

You want to see some nerd?~

http://i.imgur.com/habCG.jpg

What am I missing? All I see is normal Geno Smith.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-18-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9332111)
Defense wins championships.

Time to retire this cliche.

Defensive rankings of remaining teams: SF: 2; ATL: 12; NE: 15; BAL: 19
Offensive rankings of remaining teams: NE 1; SF 5; ATL 12; BAL 13

Offensive average: 8.25
Defensive average: 12

*Rankings are from DVOA, which adjusts for opponent

Last year defenses w/ weighted rankings of #18 and #30 played in the SB.

AussieChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:05 AM

The quality is kinda dissapointing but Ill post anyway.

As requested, video of virtual Geno.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57670720" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

AussieChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:06 AM

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57670721" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

AussieChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:07 AM

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57670722" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> .

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 01:08 AM

god damn son

AussieChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9332270)
god damn son

Quality that bad?

In58men 01-19-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9332267)
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57670721" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Thought I saw Winston holding.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9332273)
Quality that bad?

No son.

Shit was straight MAD beats, yo.

Geno with some DOWN ass wizzes.

AussieChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9332277)
No son.

Makes all the throws. Even in Madden.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 01:18 AM

some of the dopest, phattest sky worms I ever SEEN HOMEY

THIS DAWG THA ILLEST

AussieChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9332285)

THIS DAWG THA ILLEST

Got one more uploading now. Might make a couple more too.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9332286)
Got one more uploading now. Might make a couple more too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...do1_r1_500.gif

In58men 01-19-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9332285)

THIS DAWG THA ILLEST

ROFL @ sky worms

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 01:22 AM

jayno what for you call G-Dawg's zingers sky worms, son?

CUS THAT SHIT DIRTAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

AussieChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9332288)

LMAO

Saccopoo 01-19-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9332120)
See what I did there? :)

Then how about 2010? In a pro style set?

Yeah, you know he's just going to kick as much ass and then some.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uNsvPiZAWZE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan 01-19-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9332277)
No son.

ROFL

RunKC 01-19-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9332298)
Then how about 2010? In a pro style set?

Yeah, you know he's just going to kick as much ass and then some.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uNsvPiZAWZE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same can be said for Wilson. He was still really good this year without Petrino and being surrounded by shit.

Sorter 01-19-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9332352)
Same can be said for Wilson. He was still really good this year without Petrino and being surrounded by shit.

I and most i believe will not have a huge issue if Wilson is selected #1.

As for any other QB, despite my personal beliefs on Nassib and Dysert, I don't want them when Geno and WIlson are both available.

Saccopoo 01-19-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9332352)

Yes he did.

But he doesn't have the accuracy and awareness that Geno does.

The guy takes some seriously bad shots - a lot. That scares me, especially at the next level.

And he can put the ball into the defense's hands when he has to press in a game - something Geno does not do.

I like Wilson. But there are questions about his game and feel for it.

And there's the concussion issue.

In the end, he's just not at the same level in terms of ceiling that Geno is. He's got a lot of very nice traits you look for, but there are a couple of things that worry you, especially at the next level.

Sorter 01-19-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9332371)
Yes he did.

But he doesn't have the accuracy and awareness that Geno does.

The guy takes some seriously bad shots - a lot. That scares me, especially at the next level.

And he can put the ball into the defense's hands when he has to press in a game - something Geno does not do.

I like Wilson. But there are questions about his game and feel for it.

And there's the concussion issue.

In the end, he's just not at the same level in terms of ceiling that Geno is. He's got a lot of very nice traits you look for, but there are a couple of things that worry you, especially at the next level.

This. Entire. ****ing. Post.

RunKC 01-19-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9332357)
I and most i believe will not have a huge issue if Wilson is selected #1.

As for any other QB, despite my personal beliefs on Nassib and Dysert, I don't want them when Geno and WIlson are both available.

I would love to hear your take on Nassib, Sorter.

I really like that kid. I think he can be a good starter.