ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Is there any reason we would want to trade for Antwoin Smith of the Bills? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=1794)

redshirt32 10-10-2000 11:28 AM

The trading deadline is 4:00 p.m. today...
Is there any reason to think we need this guy?

mmaddog

------------------
Knock, Knock..Who's there? Dewey..Dewey Who?
Dewey Remember These...Yes We Do...

Fort Chief 10-10-2000 11:59 AM

Yea I think there's a reason...

Smith is no better than what we already have.

If we stick with ONE RB [TRich] the majority of the time the running game will come around.

Yosef_Malkovitch 10-10-2000 12:10 PM

Agree, Smith isn't great. Sure, he fits Gun's mold but I'm personally not interested as he provides no more elusiveness or speed than our current stable of backs.

Mark M [BornChiefs] 10-10-2000 12:22 PM

If he was so awesome that we needed him, he wouldn't be riding the pine in Buffalo.

htismaqe 10-10-2000 12:48 PM

How long did Marcus ride the pine for the Faiders?

(Bob Dole is just pointing out that things are not always what they seem--not that this kid is Marcus.)

Coogs 10-10-2000 12:50 PM

Cory Thompson would like to point out to Bob Dole you're talkin about the Raiders.

Oh, and re. A.Smith, NO!

------------------
ct
Give TRich the Ball!!!

[This message has been edited by coryt (edited 10-10-2000).]

Mark M [BornChiefs] 10-10-2000 12:54 PM

the senators point is taken.

however i concur that smith is NO marcus allen.

redshirt32 10-10-2000 01:29 PM

I know we all keep saying that TRich could do it if he got the ball more, but COULD HE REALLY? Or are we just hoping that he is the answer since he is such a nice guy?

Although he hasn't gotten the amount of carries that most backs need to "get their rhythm" he also hasn't shown that he is really the go-to guy we could use. He doesn't have the speed that we need in a tailback and is better suited to being a fullback.

We need a back with speed(Cloud is not the answer)and there aren't many out there.

As for Smith, he may not be doing well for the Bills, but quite frankly he has no line to run behind either.

mmaddog

------------------
Knock, Knock..Who's there? Dewey..Dewey Who?
Dewey Remember These...Yes We Do...

Buzzbait 10-10-2000 03:39 PM

Mark we don't need a back with speed we have backs with speed. (T-Rich, Moreau Cloud)We need a RB with great vision and can explode through the hole(accelerates quickly) like a Shaun Alexander who is not the fastest RB but he knows where to run the football.

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 10-10-2000).]

redshirt32 10-10-2000 03:43 PM

I don't view any of our backs as having speed. They sure don't hit the holes quick for guys who supposedly have "speed".

mmaddog

Buzzbait 10-10-2000 03:52 PM

thats not speed thats explosion. The Chiefs RBs have speed but no explosin or acceleration. A RB doesn't need super speed which Shaun Alexander proved the other week.

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 10-10-2000).]