ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Perfect example of why Dick Vermeil needs to leave after this season... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127516)

CoMoChief 10-26-2005 11:46 AM

Perfect example of why Dick Vermeil needs to leave after this season...

VERMEIL: “I think Dexter’s (McCleon) done a good job. He’s done what we’ve asked him to do. The great thing about Dexter is he’s almost mistake free. No one’s perfect, but both from a mental standpoint and technical side you can play very efficient with a guy like Dexter back there. I mean, he’s lined up and started in two Super Bowls. I have great confidence in him and trust him. He’s been there and done it. If something goes wrong…hey, we beat corners from time to time, too. Whether Eric Warfield can get back to the level of his playing better, only time will tell.”

This seriously concerns me to the fact that I am almost 100% sure that I know about defense more than Dick Vermeil does. Yes, I understand that he is an offensive guru and has a bias towards that side of the ball, but he is rediculous. How has McCleon done a good job; by playing 10 yards off of the opposing WR? Dick Vermeil's loyalty is ruining this team. What makes a corner efficient? Whatever that may be, Dexter McCleon in no way shape or form has shown any signs of being efficient. Yeah he lined up in Super Bowls with the Rams, but St. Louis Rams fans even hated the guy and thought he was garbage. I don't understand how you could trust a corner that lets up 100+ yards recieving damn near EVERY GAME! An 80% Warfield is a lot better IMO than a 100% McCleon. DV needs to go after this season, no matter how far we make or even if we were win it all.

Uatu 10-26-2005 11:48 AM

If only he didn't have a bunch of minorities on the team right?

jynni 10-26-2005 11:52 AM

Kinda makes you wonder which was worse, Bartee or McCleon.

Could you imagine the horror if we had to start those two at CB?

DaWolf 10-26-2005 11:54 AM

Dude, it's called motivation, and sadly Warfield is a wuss who has to be motivated. He spenth the entire preseason and season sulking during his suspension, and he's one of those guys who has to be pushed to work harder and get back to being where he will be useful. Vermeil knows this. Gunther knows this. That's why they're not just handing him the job by default and telling Dexter McCushion to get lost. Warfield has to be pushed to earn that spot, otherwise you'll see him go out there, play lazy, and get his ass Barteed...

CoMoChief 10-26-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uatu
If only he didn't have a bunch of minorities on the team right?

What?!?

mike_b_284 10-26-2005 11:55 AM

I agree completely, he is too soft on the players. There is no accountability for not doing things right on or off the field. He seems like one of those self-esteem vaginas. He needs to be more tough on them when they screw up. another example is giving the team a week off after embarrassing themselves in Denver and blowing a huge lead at home against the eagles. He should have made every single player run until they puke every day for that week.

philfree 10-26-2005 11:56 AM

DV is always gonna back his players to the press. That's what he's doing with McCleon. You know before this season is over we may have to depend on McCleon as the #2 CB again so the HC saying he sucks to the press wouldn't be a very smart move IMO. He's gonna play $.05 some too so crushing his confidence isn't gonna do us one bit of good.

PhilFree:arrow:

philfree 10-26-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b_284
I agree completely, he is too soft on the players. There is no accountability for not doing things right on or off the field. He seems like one of those self-esteem vaginas. He needs to be more tough on them when they screw up. another example is giving the team a week off after embarrassing themselves in Denver and blowing a huge lead at home against the eagles. He should have made every single player run until they puke every day for that week.

That's brilliant :rolleyes: Especially since we've lost both games after the bye. Damn DV :)

Simplex3 10-26-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
He's gonna play $.05 some too so crushing his confidence isn't gonna do us one bit of good.

Sucking his d**k isn't doing anyone any good either. How many coaches in this league are out in the press touting their third stringers week after week?

htismaqe 10-26-2005 12:20 PM

Wow, we've only discussed this about 50 times in the last few days.

But what the hell, why not post another thread to bitch about it, right?

htismaqe 10-26-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Sucking his d**k isn't doing anyone any good either. How many coaches in this league are out in the press touting their third stringers week after week?

About 2/3 of them.

philfree 10-26-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3

Comments like this are based on ignorance. There's not a person on this board who knows what DV says to his players when he talks to them behind closed doors. My guess(and it is just a guess) is that he's a lot harder on them then most people think. He's just not gonna beat'em up in front of the public. And further since Gun is the DC I would imagine he does his share of ass chewing on all the players. So really DV delegates the ass chewing which is probably a pretty smart thing to do. I don't know......maybe he should have been sucking Warfield weewee as soon as he came off suspension and said that McCleon sucks when asked about the siuation by the press. I bet that would be a lot more effective.

nascher 10-26-2005 12:37 PM

If we make the playoffs i'am pretty sure that Dickie is coming back !!!

Brock 10-26-2005 12:38 PM

What purpose would it serve for Vermeil to say what he really thinks about any particular player?

MOhillbilly 10-26-2005 12:44 PM

its just more signs of the pussifacation of America.
Men shouldnt cry and Men in Football damn sure better not.

its a sign of weakness and everyone knows it.

BigDaddy will back me on this.