ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Anybody Jacked Up for the Winter Olympics games? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131754)

RaiderH8r 02-22-2014 11:16 AM

Charmin should be the US Hockey sponsor. Our clubs are squeezably soft and shitty.

tk13 02-22-2014 11:23 AM

Well that ended poorly.

GloryDayz 02-22-2014 11:26 AM

Yeah, a hockey year in the Olympics to be forgotten.

At least the one doode was able to admit that it was a bit embarrassing. Payton Manning could take some queues on being honest.

kcpasco 02-22-2014 11:33 AM

Team USA literally quit on their country today.
There was no shame in losing a 1-0 game to Canada but that performance was embarrassing and shameful.

Congrats to Teemu and Finland.

Rausch 02-22-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10446688)
Yeah, a hockey year in the Olympics to be forgotten.

The are every bit as unimpressive as dream team no 12 will be impressive sleep-walking to another BB Gold.

In fact, this really pisses me off. No other aspect of our team FAILS and constantly underachieves as much as our NHL/Olympic team.

I'm 100% behind going back to to college players...

GloryDayz 02-22-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10446694)
Team USA literally quit on their country today.
There was no shame in losing a 1-0 game to Canada but that performance was embarrassing and shameful.

Congrats to Teemu and Finland.

When they talk about "soul searching" I think that amongst the various chapters of that book, "quitting while representing your country" (not digging deep and giving your all) should be one.

I have to wonder what the locker rooms around the NHL will be like? I suspect the locker room might be nice, but some of the trash talking that happens might have a new punch-line said to certain U.S. hockey players.

It's all good, it's just a game...

Rausch 02-22-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10446709)
When they talk about "soul searching" I think that amongst the various chapters of that book, "quitting while representing your country" (not digging deep and giving your all) should be one.

Team USA clearly didn't play to win.

They expected it, and as they've done since the pro's have been playing, $3it in their hats...

GloryDayz 02-22-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10446704)
The are every bit as unimpressive as dream team no 12 will be impressive sleep-walking to another BB Gold.

In fact, this really pisses me off. No other aspect of our team FAILS and constantly underachieves as much as our NHL/Olympic team.

Meh, we'll all calm down over time. As for the NHL v college, it just means the commies will start their shit again - and you can add China to that list if they think they can find a way to look "better" in the eyes of the world.

I just think it's kind of funny how many world-class athletes have to head back to the U.S. post-Olympics. Short of Soccer, how many other big-time sports do people have to run to other countries to get paid big bucks for. Fencing? Squash? Baseball? Jogging?

Bearcat 02-22-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10446704)

They were terrible before NHL players were involved, besides of course 1980 (or if you want to go back 50+ years). I'm sure college kids would care more about winning a bronze if they could ever get there.

KC_Connection 02-22-2014 02:11 PM

If Canada had lost the SFs, I doubt their players would have cared much about the bronze game either. These guys came for one thing and it wasn't that.

The Poz 02-22-2014 10:01 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...68556220_n.jpg

;)

DaFace 02-23-2014 07:33 AM

Canada's defense is just unreal, and it doesn't hurt that Price is playing extremely well either.

And FWIW, Canada's had two power plays and only gotten one shot combined between the two. They're still having a great game though.

DaFace 02-23-2014 08:00 AM

ROFL...Kunitz scores the dagger.

GloryDayz 02-23-2014 08:05 AM

The great big Switzerland of the North American continent going gold.

The French part of Canada will prolly celebrate with a surrender of sorts..

GloryDayz 02-23-2014 08:20 AM

Now, all but a few of them, get their medals and fly back to the U.S. to resume their normal lives...