ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Assuming Bowe signed/Albert tagged. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270656)

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:56 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2...ft-picks-49ers

Alex Smith trade details: Chiefs give up 2nd round pick, conditional 3rd round pick
By Joel Thorman
Feb 27 2013, 1:08p

Oh, did you hear the Kansas City Chiefs traded for Alex Smith? It's true. I heard it on the internet!

The San Francisco 49ers are the perceived early winners of this trade, according to the various fan reaction I've seen. That means nothing ... but it's still a little disheartening. The reason some Chiefs fans don't like the trade is because they believe the compensation involved was too steep.

It was initially reported that the Chiefs were giving up a second round pick in 2013 and a conditional mid-round pick in 2014. Now we're getting more details on what that conditional pick is.

According to Tim Kawakami of the Mercury News...

Quote:

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami

Can double-confirm: the 49ers are getting a 2nd rounder this year and a conditional 3rd rounder next year from KC for Alex Smith.
Quote:

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami

The 2014 pick moves from a 3rd rounder to 2nd rounder if Chiefs win a certain number of games, NFL source confirms
This is usually what "conditional" means. It's conditional on the player hitting a certain stat or the team winning a certain number of games. So if the Chiefs win X number of games next year, that pick will turn into a second. If they don't, it remains a third. I'd really like to know what X is.

None of this can become official until March 12 so there's still the tiny chance that somethings disrupts this. But it sure seems like it's going to happen.

Micjones 03-02-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9458124)
I'm down for kissing micjones on the mouth if we draft geno.

Yeah...I'm gonna go with no.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:57 PM

That sound you hear is me teabagging Flopnuts.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458185)
That sound you hear is me teabagging Flopnuts.

Then you have really small balls because I quoted Schefter, and you reported some beat writer for a 3rd rate San Francisco newspaper. I'm going to change your name to raisinballz.

Micjones 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9458134)

Shit! You mean people on Chiefsplanet, 7 weeks before the Draft, were talking about who the Chiefs might draft? FML.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9458192)
Then you have really small balls because I quoted Schefter, and you reported some beat writer for a 3rd rate San Francisco newspaper. I'm going to change your name to raisinballz.

I feel a bet coming on.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458199)
I feel a bet coming on.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22...yumyumandy.gif

Chiefshrink 03-02-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9458104)
Tavon. Smith is going to make 3-5 step drops 97% of the time. Get the biggest playmaker for short routes.

This. I would want Tavon IF we can't have Geno.:thumb:

CanadianChief 03-02-2013 07:12 PM

Who gives a shit!!! I'm a Redskins fan now!!

RGIII for the win!!!!!

penbrook 03-02-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 9458231)
Who gives a shit!!! I'm a Redskins fan now!!

RGIII for the win!!!!!

Rg3 has 4 more years in the league at most.

BlackHelicopters 03-02-2013 07:13 PM

Anyone named Smith

BossChief 03-02-2013 07:41 PM

Andy Reid had McNabb and went out and drafted Kolb in the early second round and then signed Mike Vick.

He traded McNabb and then started Kolb...put his eggs into the Kolb basket until it wasn't working out as well as hoped and moved on to Vick and traded Kolb for a 2nd rounder and a corner that was drafted in the second round and went all in with Vick, giving him a 100 million dollar contract in August of 2011.

In mid 2012, he benched Vick for a quarterback he drafted in the third round.

The moral of this story?

Andy Reid understands that you aren't gonna win in this league with "just good enough" quarterback play and isn't afraid of overpaying to try to have as many prospects to develop as possible. He doesn't care if he has a quality starter or not, he is gonna keep looking for that franchise quarterback.

His history shows us that it's DEFINETLY not out of the question that he still drafts Geno
Smith with the top overall pick.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9458318)
Andy Reid had McNabb and went out and drafted Kolb in the early second round and then signed Mike Vick.

He traded McNabb and then started Kolb...put his eggs into the Kolb basket until it wasn't working out as well as hoped and moved on to Vick and traded Kolb for a 2nd rounder and a corner that was drafted in the second round and went all in with Vick, giving him a 100 million dollar contract in August of 2011.

In mid 2012, he benched Vick for a quarterback he drafted in the third round.

The moral of this story?

Andy Reid understands that you aren't gonna win in this league with "just good enough" quarterback ay and isn't afraid of overpaying to try to have as many prospects to develop as possible. He doesn't care if he has a quality start or not, he is gonna keep looking for that franchise quarterback.

His history shows us that it's DEFINETLY not out of the question that he still drafts Geno
Smith with the top overall pick.

You, sir, make a compelling case.

I wish I could buy it.

Edit: I think this argument makes it very likely that Reid goes for a QB, though, just not Geno. Especially not if they let Albert get away.

BossChief 03-02-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458322)
You, sir, make a compelling case.

I wish I could buy it.

Edit: I think this argument makes it very likely that Reid goes for a QB, though, just not Geno. Especially not if they let Albert get away.

me too, unfortunetly.

Also,

They recently said that they were gonna see how free agency goes in regards to Albert.

I think we have an offer on the table for him and aren't budging on it... but Albert thinks he can get more.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9458335)
me too, unfortunetly.

Also,

They recently said that they were gonna see how free agency goes in regards to Albert.

I think we have an offer on the table for him and aren't budging on it... but Albert thinks he can get more.

I am under the belief that Albert wants to remain a Chief.

It's a buyers market right now for LTs, and the Chiefs know this. There are three auto-starters at LT in the draft this year, and like four LTs in free agency.

The Chiefs might be thinking that Albert will see the market price will come down to theirs. And even if it doesn't, Albert's going to give them every chance to match.

We'll see. If we lose Albert, it will be because a team irrationally overpaid, or because we absolutely let him go.