ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   TEICHER - TIME TO REBOOT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156899)

jspchief 01-18-2007 09:08 AM

The way he talks about signing Black to be our starting LT is terrifying.

Archie Bunker 01-18-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
"The line could look similar depending on the retirement decisions of guard Will Shields and center Casey Wiegmann and the success in re-signing tackle Jordan Black, another potential free agent. The Chiefs probably will make an effort to re-sign Black if the cost isn’t prohibitive.

The Chiefs would plug the loss of Shields with John Welbourn and the loss of Wiegmann with Chris Bober or Rudy Niswanger.

The loss of Black is a bigger problem. The Chiefs have no other obvious candidate to play left tackle, so they would be forced to fill the hole in free-agency or the draft
."

I will be the first to say that if Herm goes with Teicher's approach on the OL, my days as being a Chiefs fan are over until Herm leaves KC.

I don't see what is so outrageous about it. Welbourn was a good G in Phili so replacing Shields with him makes since. Niswanger was kept for a reason and that reason was to replace Wiegmann.

Black is the only thing I have a problem with.

KC Jones 01-18-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano
A Offensive line of Terry, Welbourne, Bober, Waters and whoever gets plugged in at LT would seriously slow or end Brodie's developement or destroy Trent's now-fragile frame. Scary.

shows what you know - next year we're removing all passing plays except the flea flicker.

Brock 01-18-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
The way he talks about signing Black to be our starting LT is terrifying.

Dr. Z shorthanded Black as WGSK when he was writing up the Indy game. WGSK=Will get someone killed.

Chiefnj 01-18-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
I don't see what is so outrageous about it. Welbourn was a good G in Phili so replacing Shields with him makes since. Niswanger was kept for a reason and that reason was to replace Wiegmann.

Black is the only thing I have a problem with.

Welbourn was also an acceptable RT on KC 2-3 years ago. His play slipped tremendously after his 2nd roid suspension. He's not the player he once was and cannot be trusted to be kept clean.

If Herm wants a ball control offense that relies on the run he will need a stellar OL to run it. Teicher's suggestions are anything but that.

Zouk 01-18-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hummus' Jenkins
You do realize that as a former DB, Herm might know WTF other schemes are outside of the Cover 2. Truly great coaches can adapt to their personnel. Others....don't.

In the Indianapolis game our coverages were changing constantly throughout the game accoriding to Kawika Mitchell.

Archie Bunker 01-18-2007 09:28 AM

LT is downright scary. Black isn't the answer, there are no FA LTs worth a damn, and the chances of finding one ready to start in the draft are slim.

Carl had plenty of time to groom Roaf's replacement and he didn't get it done. Same with a replacement for Shields at G. Herm will end up getting most of the blame but this is all on Carl IMO.

Brock 01-18-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
Carl had plenty of time to groom Roaf's replacement and he didn't get it done. Same with a replacement for Shields at G. Herm will end up getting most of the blame but this is all on Carl IMO.

And Vermeil as well. He didn't exactly stock the cupboard for the next guy.

StcChief 01-18-2007 09:31 AM

Boomer as FB.....

Tribal Warfare 01-18-2007 09:35 AM

FB- Brian Leonard :D

If KC has Huard starting for the beginning of the season we are fuckED!!!!!! Teicher writing this particual article you've got to wonder if he's taking notes from Chiefs Planet in crayon.

Brock 01-18-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
If KC has Huard starting for the beginning of the season we are fuckED!!!!!!

What makes you say that?

Tribal Warfare 01-18-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
What makes you say that?

Huard is a min-Grbac he'll have decent games, but when it comes crunchtime he'll fold. The opposing defense will try to make Huard beat us, and before the OL decided to have Green killed in the 1st game this wouldn't be an issue. Huard isn't an impact player, but a very average one.

Brock 01-18-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Huard is a min-Grbac he'll have decent games, but when it comes crunchtime he'll fold. The opposing defense will try to make Huard beat us, and before the OL decided to have Green killed in the 1st game this wouldn't be an issue. Huard isn't an impact player, but a very average one.

What are the other choices? Green, we have no idea if he's ever going to be the same player he once was, I'm betting against at this point. Croyle, we have virtually NO clue whether he can play at all. At least with Huard, you have some evidence he can play.

Tribal Warfare 01-18-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
What are the other choices? Green, we have no idea if he's ever going to be the same player he once was, I'm betting against at this point. Croyle, we have virtually NO clue whether he can play at all. At least with Huard, you have some evidence he can play.

Seriously, I feel safer with Croyle starting than Huard. Croyle, is like a younger version of Trent with a stronger arm.

htismaqe 01-18-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hummus' Jenkins
You do realize that as a former DB, Herm might know WTF other schemes are outside of the Cover 2. Truly great coaches can adapt to their personnel. Others....don't.

Truly great coaches find players to fit their scheme. Unless you're saying Parcells isn't a great coach. Or Jimmy Johnson. I could go on, but I'm hoping you get the picture.