ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Potential top pick Jarvis Jones enters NFL draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268469)

htismaqe 01-04-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9281234)
This guy is pretty good.

Maybe he's not a fit for us because of what we have at OLBer, but still, this guy is a talent. Some team will be happy to have him in the top 5/top 3/maybe even #1 overall (if we can trade the #1 pick for 2 or 3 and still get our QB, who gives a shit. This guy will be coveted, that could help in our favor)

He's gonna drop after the combine medicals.

Marcus McNeil fell all the way to the 2nd round.

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9281236)
Ease up on the kid... once he gets a little NFL experience under his belt, he could be....

He's no Jamarcus Russell, that's for sure.

SAUTO 01-04-2013 03:18 PM

Can we ban any stupid mother****er that throws up BUCKY ****ING BROOKS from now on?

Ugly Duck 01-04-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9281417)
He's no Jamarcus Russell, that's for sure.

Soon as I can think up a snappy comeback, you'll be sorry... you'll be hurtin' bad!

whoman69 01-04-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9280215)
Don't worry, we can trade for Alex Smith and get that kid from Louisville next year, or draft the kid with the neck in the fifth!

Arrowhead should be erased from history if we get another retread QB.

Pin Head 01-04-2013 04:52 PM

J Jones work ethic and stamina are second to none. Also, it's extremely difficult to measure desire and drive. There have been tons of guys with a lot of talent who have fallen flat on their faces. JJ is another Von Miller and guys who have the ability AND desire to work...they become legendary.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9281793)
J Jones work ethic and stamina are second to none. Also, it's extremely difficult to measure desire and drive. There have been tons of guys with a lot of talent who have fallen flat on their faces. JJ is another Von Miller and guys who have the ability AND desire to work...they become legendary.

Well, somebody is gonna get a "legendary" player in the late 1st round then...

RealSNR 01-04-2013 05:26 PM

NOT ADVOCATING THIS IN THE LEAST, BUT...

How would Demontre Moore do as an undersized DE in a 1-gap 3-4 defense? He looks like he's got the height and the long arms... just not sure if he has the low center of gravity.

Remember, JJ Watt was a tad oversized coming out of Wisconsin as a 4-3 DE. He's been balls**** amazing as a 3-4 guy.

O.city 01-04-2013 05:29 PM

Another thing that, IMO, advocates taking a QB first overall, is for every other positional guy you bring up, there is someone later in the draft who fits what we would need from his spot.

TEo? Yeah Skov is perfect beside DJ. Would Teo be better? Maybe. But you can get the best QB prospect available and still get a great ILB.

Hell, I guess same can be said about QB by some, but I think the difference between Geno and Wilson to the next QB group is too big to pass over.

Marco Polo 01-04-2013 05:30 PM

ESPN just said Chiefs should draft him.

smh

O.city 01-04-2013 05:32 PM

I actually said this to a friends patient today. We were talking Chiefs and he said "yeah but we get the first pick in a year where we need a QB and there isnt' a Luck available".

I hit him back with a "Yeah we have the overall first pick, in a normal draft year, the same kinda year where Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, etc were drafted".

He said, yeah I guess.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:33 PM

FYI, if it wasn't obvious before, everybody now knows that Narrow Head is BlackBob...

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9281956)
NOT ADVOCATING THIS IN THE LEAST, BUT...

How would Demontre Moore do as an undersized DE in a 1-gap 3-4 defense? He looks like he's got the height and the long arms... just not sure if he has the low center of gravity.

Remember, JJ Watt was a tad oversized coming out of Wisconsin as a 4-3 DE. He's been balls**** amazing as a 3-4 guy.

I just think Moore is a stud. A good coach could find a place to use him.

O.city 01-04-2013 05:34 PM

Like we've said, alot lately.

With new Gm's and HC's come new QB's. Add to that having hte first overall pick, it isn't hard to figure out what is likely to happen.

Pin Head 01-04-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281889)
Well, somebody is gonna get a "legendary" player in the late 1st round then...

I think he has all of the attributes at this point. I also think that he goes much higher than late 1st round.