ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL 2013 Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274697)

-King- 07-23-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9830404)
hey mods is there a function that allows this thread to be at the top all of the time? thanks ill listen off air

This. Stamp it to the top.

Bambi 07-23-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9830351)
I don't know what to expect. Kelly ran the ball a lot more in college than he threw it. But he also might split up the carries and might be totally different than he was in college altogether. McCoy was a workhorse for the last few years, but he still is very young. Not close to that proverbial 30 year old wall yet. I want to see if he can get more out of Maclin and Jackson. So I don't know what to tell you in terms of fantasy. Kelly is as new to us as anyone else. Not to derail the topic from Chiefs stuff. My apologies.

The Eagles WRs are strange. When comparing to the Chiefs I think Bowe is slightly better individually than both Jackson and Maclin but as a unit obviously the Eagles are superior. I'm really interested to see what Reid does with Jamaal Charles. Unfortunately we don't have a Bryce Brown to fill into the backfield when moving JC around.

Whatever, I can't take it. I'm so excited to get the season started. argh

Bambi 07-23-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9830405)
TJ Carpenter ‏@TJCarpenterWHB 3m
Sanders Commings being out isn't GOOD. But lack of depth at S is overblown. Tysyn Hartman has been getting starting nickle snaps since OTAs

I actually liked waht Hartman did last year.

Bradley gonna get his shot.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/image...ed/KC/BMAC.jpg

mcaj22 07-23-2013 08:14 PM

Tysyn Hartman ended up having to platoon as a starting FS at the end of last season because Kendrick Lewis is that terrible

I expect a mix of Hartman, Demps, Abdullah and other makeshift turds to do the same this year, because you cant fix Kendrick Lewis's lack of talent back there. Hes not magically going to get faster, smarter, take better angles and have his shoulder not hanging by pins and needles. He's useless when it comes time to be physical, all he can do is play the ball in the air and even then he gets beat most of the time except when an overthrown ball lands in his lap

at least we know our first round draft pick next year might be a FS.

Anyong Bluth 07-23-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9830082)
Have fun, Chiefs fans. Football right around the corner. Reid runs a very tough camp. I mentioned it when the Chiefs first signed Reid. All the stuff you hear about him running grueling camps is 100% true. Some people think they may be too tough. Regardless, that is his style.

Good! With the limited number of practices with full pads and live, best to take full advantage of these opportunities. I know its to save the wear and tear on their bodies and I'm totally fine with that, but the one place the NFL has gotten sloppy is tackling. Sadly, this shit should have been sorted out before any of these guys left highschool...

Anyong Bluth 07-23-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 9830347)
I think we should ask the mods to button this to the top of the page there.

Tack it up to the top.

Anyong Bluth 07-23-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9830472)
Tysyn Hartman ended up having to platoon as a starting FS at the end of last season because Kendrick Lewis is that terrible

I expect a mix of Hartman, Demps, Abdullah and other makeshift turds to do the same this year, because you cant fix Kendrick Lewis's lack of talent back there. Hes not magically going to get faster, smarter, take better angles and have his shoulder not hanging by pins and needles. He's useless when it comes time to be physical, all he can do is play the ball in the air and even then he gets beat most of the time except when an overthrown ball lands in his lap

at least we know our first round draft pick next year might be a FS.

Where's Herm when you need to pull an above average db outta your butt... ???

Dante84 07-23-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9830506)
Tack it up to the top.

Repost

Dante84 07-23-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9830129)
Can we tack this thread up top, fellas?

See?

kcxiv 07-23-2013 09:35 PM

Its that football time of year again YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

http://i.minus.com/iblzwFqtumuhiJ.gif

tk13 07-23-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9830649)
Its that football time of year again YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-VAMQF8vnNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BradBigglestein 07-23-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9830449)
The Eagles WRs are strange. When comparing to the Chiefs I think Bowe is slightly better individually than both Jackson and Maclin but as a unit obviously the Eagles are superior. I'm really interested to see what Reid does with Jamaal Charles. Unfortunately we don't have a Bryce Brown to fill into the backfield when moving JC around.

Whatever, I can't take it. I'm so excited to get the season started. argh

I really like Bowe. I think he will be quite successful under Reid. I would agree with that. Maclin hasn't lived up to that top tier receiver level yet and Jackson looked like he was going there, but tailed off after that big hit by Dunta Robinson. It may be coincidental, who knows. I think where the Eagles will really be deep is tight end. Celek looked very promising, but had the dropsies over the last couple years. He's really tough and physical though. Then add Ertz and James Casey(who Kelly loves the versality of). Word in Philly is that Kelly will rely heavy on the TE, and may use 3 in formation at once with Casey as a half back.

I would expect Charles' receptions go up and his carries go down slightly. Reid needs his backs to catch passes and have versatility. He also needs his RBs to block. A lot of RBs in his tenure have found their way to the doghouse because they couldn't block/pick up the blitz. He throws the ball a lot, so that is important.

Anyong Bluth 07-23-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9830628)
See?

Ya, but mine was more alliterative.

salame 07-23-2013 10:49 PM

anyone need a room-mate while up there?
I am great at cuddling
you'll see

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-23-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 9830730)
anyone need a room-mate while up there?
I am great at cuddling
you'll see

LMAO