ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

Chiefs=Champions 10-24-2013 12:34 AM

As a Celtics fan, im not really sure what i want out of this season. Worsen for Wiggins?

L.A. Chieffan 10-24-2013 12:36 AM

Brad Stevens was a good hire. Rondo will be gone by the end of the year, which team will he go to?

KC_Connection 10-24-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10118854)
Just a personal interest thing. I can sit and watch an NBA game, just prefer college basketball.

The product that is college basketball is pretty terrible in comparison to the NBA (and this is from somebody who has had a Mario Chalmers/Kansas avatar here for 5+ years now).

Ceej 10-24-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10118882)
The product that is college basketball is pretty terrible in comparison to the NBA (and this is from somebody who has had a Mario Chalmers/Kansas avatar here for 5+ years now).

Both games have it, but to me, the prima donnas run ****ing wild in the NBA.

*dribbles ball*

*goes up for a layup with nobody around*

*misses layup and yells HEY for all the world to hear*

kcxiv 10-24-2013 02:57 AM

What Prima Donnas run the NBA? The only one that gets fouls called all the ****ing time now days is Lebron. You cant breathe on him. Its to be expected though, he's the face of the NBA right now. He's in that Tom Brady-Peyton Manning class.

If they feel they get hit, they will say something, but the rules now days prevent players from saying anything to the ref's now days. Now days, you get T'ed up quick. They dont **** around. Refs can be really bad, but we see that in Football and Baseball Alot too, its just how it is.

NBA is a fun game right now even with my Lakers sucking ass. Its gonna be a fun season. Alot of solid teams this year. So much talent out there its insane.

KevB 10-24-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10118826)
Sure, underestimate the Mavs.

This is at least a 6 seed.

Adding Monta Ellis is gonna be huge.

Who in the top 6 would you replace with the Mavs? None of them. Once you get to the 7/8 spots, Dallas is absolutely in that conversation. They were the first team out for me. Definite upgrade at both guard positions, but the reliance on Dalembert in the middle is a concern.

I like New Orleans this year as a sneaky playoff team. I think Anthony Davis emerges as a star. Holliday is a nice young PG. Gordon is healthy for the time being. Ryan Anderson is a nice fit as a stretch four. Tyreke coming off the bench as the 2nd unit's primary scorer is a great fit for him.

I think Minnesota edges into the 8th spot. Rubio and Love are healthy. Pek has established himself as a solid center. Kevin Martin is a nice fit at the 2 for them and Brewer was a decent pickup as an energy guy.

Al Bundy 10-25-2013 05:41 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m

Y! Sources: Golden State, Andrew Bogut agree on 3-year, $36 million deal that could reach $42M with incentives.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-25-2013 06:48 PM

ROSE IS BACK!

And it won't matter. We need another star to compliment him. It's like a broken record but the front office won't address it. The season is gonna end in disappointment again, just watch.

okcchief 10-25-2013 10:10 PM

Very impressed with Steven Adams in the preseason. If he isnt getting backup center minutes at minimum to start the season I'm going to lose my god damn mind. He's what this team has been sorely lacking.

Lamb shows flashes, but needs confidence.

It would help greatly if they could add a veteran 3 point shooter or 2 along the way.

The whole season depends on Westbrook's health. I pretty much agree with Kev that they will be a mid seed that should be a lot better when the playoffs start. Should be interesting in thr West. Too many questions to have a good feel of where OKC winds up.

Oh, and **** Scott Brooks.....

RustShack 10-25-2013 11:42 PM

Cleveland is so loaded now... If Bynum is expected be be back December but there's a chance he could come back earlier. He's participating in practice some and if he's healthy again it's game over.

Tristan Thompson could average a double double. Really hopping Dion Waiters busts out at SG this year. Added Anthony Bennett #1 this year, also Varejao and Zeller at C. Added Jarrett Jack and Earl Clark. Drafted a SF/SG who's supposed to be an elite three point shooter.

Playoffs!

KevB 10-28-2013 12:36 AM

If anybody is looking for a fantasy league I set up, you can join at the link:

Yahoo fantasy b'ball league

Just need 1 more team, then I can stop spamming this thread

mcaj22 10-28-2013 06:41 AM

i cannot believe the Wizards traded for the Polish Hammer.

gave up a first round pick in one of the deepest drafts

The Bad Guy 10-28-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133446)
i cannot believe the Wizards traded for the Polish Hammer.

gave up a first round pick in one of the deepest drafts

It's protected I think.

Not an awful deal.

TEX 10-28-2013 09:49 AM

I think the Rockets win the West. They're solid and VERY deep. Especially at the 5. They might not have the most talented starting 5 (but they are very good), but their roster is solid top to bottom. If they stay healthy, they can win it all.

And after they do, it will be one of those deals where "folks in the know" will be saying that they should have seen it coming when you take a good look at their roster.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 10:23 AM

Wade is getting #4 this year. Hope the rest of you enjoy the show.