ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278032)

-King- 10-28-2013 01:27 PM

Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno?

Our offense is terrible with Alex Smith. It would likely be worse with Geno given his propensity to turn the ball over and give the other teams points through pick 6s and returned fumbles for TDs. So seeing as how we barely win with the offense we have now, we'd have likely lost more than a few games if we had Geno as our QB.

But would you rather take those growing pains with Geno, or be 8-0 with Alex and be in the driver seat toward a first round bye in the playoffs?

Wallcrawler 10-28-2013 01:29 PM

Give me the wins. These past few seasons have been ROUGH.

NinerDoug 10-28-2013 01:30 PM

Win ugly always beats lose pretty, IMO.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 01:31 PM

Who in the hell would want to be 3-5?

Wallcrawler 10-28-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10134566)

3-5 now, but with a hopeful franchise QB going to the learning tree this year I think is what he's getting at.

So instant gratification with a shot at playoffs/superbowl, or a long term investment where we could be good for a long time.

Geno's got some athleticism to be sure, but that dude has made some epically stupid plays this year. Im not entirely sold on him as the next big thing.

warrior 10-28-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10134566)

choco peni suckers :D

Bearcat 10-28-2013 01:34 PM

Geno or otherwise, and if it was this year, next year, etc; I'll take the bigger risk now and some losses for the bigger reward later than a bunch of hollow "at least we aren't 2-14" wins.

I'd love to be able to say that statements like "I don't know if KC could handle a losing season or two with a rookie QB without demanding another retread" or "I don't think a lot of Chiefs fan understand what it takes to be competitive in this league" or "I don't think most people understand the high risk/high reward strategy is the way to go over low risk/win now strategy" are absurd, but I have my doubts.

Discuss Thrower 10-28-2013 01:41 PM

Of course I'd be the only one to vote Geno so far. Whatever.

It comes down to this: does Alex have the capability to win a SB without an astronomically good defense and all the lucky breaks in the world? Probably not.

Does Geno? Maybe.

Who will be in the league as a starter seven years from now? Probably Geno.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 01:42 PM

Geno sucks- when will the Planet stop loving him-lol

So the NFl counts "hollow wins now as not wins?"

The Donks sucked the whole game until the Skins laid down for them- is that a "hollow win'? But Manning is not a retread coming off neck surgery with two bad ankles lol

Halfcan 10-28-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10134601)

It comes down to this: does Alex have the capability to win a SB without an astronomically good defense and all the lucky breaks in the world? Probably not.

Does Geno? Maybe.

Will Geno be a Jet? Doubtful with all those Ints.

Skyy God 10-28-2013 01:46 PM

We had a win now roster and could ill afford Geno's growing pains.

This is not a close case by any stretch.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Does Geno? Maybe.

Ringing endorsement.

The Franchise 10-28-2013 01:50 PM

It's hard to say that Geno would be 3-5 with this team. Not the same offensive scheme. Not the same offensive skill players.

l4z4rd 10-28-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134625)
It's hard to say that Geno would be 3-5 with this team. Not the same offensive scheme. Not the same offensive skill players.

same turnovers

The Franchise 10-28-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10134640)
same turnovers

Or not.

Geno would have a completely different HC and QB coach.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134644)
Or not.

Geno would have a completely different HC and QB coach.

Yep. I'd say it would be more like 6-2, but we would have hope of possibly winning a shoot out with the Donks if it came down to it. Right now, we don't really have that hope.

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134625)

Same exact offensive scheme. Marty Morninwheg.

I happen to believe that the Jets skill players are better than Avery, Bowe and McCluster.

Geno once again teases with his arm and athleticism but make dumb mental mistakes. Two Pick Sixes yesterday alone.

He's no better a QB in Game Eight than he was in Game One. That's troubling, if you're a Jets fan.

BigBeauford 10-28-2013 01:58 PM

I realize this isn't my thread, but a less talented team(the Jets) ends up with 1 more win than the Chiefs would? I don't buy it.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10134652)
Yep. I'd say it would be more like 6-2, but we would have hope of possibly winning a shoot out with the Donks if it came down to it. Right now, we don't really have that hope.

With our offensive line and WR Geno would be closer to 2-6.

Mr fumble/pick six does well with a clean pocket and receivers open by 3 yards.

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Does Geno? Maybe.

I don't think you've watched him play.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 01:59 PM

The Jets are 4-4, yet the Chiefs would be 3-5?

BigBeauford 10-28-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10134656)
Same exact offensive scheme. Marty Morninwheg.

I happen to believe that the Jets skill players are better than Avery, Bowe and McCluster.

Geno once again teases with his arm and athleticism but make dumb mental mistakes. Two Pick Sixes yesterday alone.

He's no better a QB in Game Eight than he was in Game One. That's troubling, if you're a Jets fan.

Same case can be made that Alex Smith has not improved since week 1.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10134658)
With our offensive line and WR Geno would be closer to 2-6.

Mr fumble/pick six does well with a clean pocket and receivers open by 3 yards.

He's dropped in passes that would give Alice a wet dream.

GIF'em up Clay! :D

The turnovers are the key. If Andy/Pederson/Childress could have coached him up to limit those that would be huge.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10134668)
Same case can be made that Alex Smith has not improved since week 1.

How is he supposed to be better than undefeated?

Halfcan 10-28-2013 02:00 PM

Geno is a bonehead that did it to himself with all his predraft mistakes. He hasn't played well at all and has been hurt. But some on here think he will win Multiple Super Bowls in his career-LOL get a ****ing grip peeps- not even the Jets fans believe he is the guy.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10134664)

I thought that was pretty stupid as well.

wazu 10-28-2013 02:01 PM

What if we had Geno on the bench, were still 8-0, but had Stephenson starting at RT?

-King- 10-28-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

So the coach is what's making him turn the ball over at a near historic pace?

The Franchise 10-28-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10134671)
Geno is a bonehead that did it to himself with all his predraft mistakes. He hasn't played well at all and has been hurt. But some on here think he will win Multiple Super Bowls in his career-LOL get a ****ing grip peeps- not even the Jets fans believe he is the guy.

Exactly what pre-draft mistakes would those be? Skipping the Senior Bowl like his agent told him too?

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10134669)
He's dropped in passes that would give Alice a wet dream.

GIF'em up Clay! :D

The turnovers are the key. If Andy/Pederson/Childress could have coached him up to limit those that would be huge.

Gifing up a few select plays does not make the point, should we gif up Smiths pass to Dex yesterday and say look he is awesome?

The games I have watched he has made some mice throws but he has wide open receivers and a better OL to this point.

It is what it is.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10134677)
So the coach is what's making him turn the ball over at a near historic pace?

Could be. Matt Cassell with and without Charlie Weis was a different animal. The Chiefs with Romeo and with Andy & CO are a different animal. Coaching is HUGE.

-King- 10-28-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

We're winning with a TD or less margin on a good number of our games. Geno has the propensity to give TDs away to the other team.

So yes, 3-5 is what we would be.

The Franchise 10-28-2013 02:03 PM

JFC....now Geno has better skill players and a better offensive line? LMAO

HemiEd 10-28-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10134604)
Geno sucks- when will the Planet stop loving him-lol

So the NFl counts "hollow wins now as not wins?"

The Donks sucked the whole game until the Skins laid down for them- is that a "hollow win'? But Manning is not a retread coming off neck surgery with two bad ankles lol

You are so blinded by your homerism, Geno does not suck. I would take him and a more than likely 6 and 2 record right now. He has four game winning come back drives. In the Chicago Tribune yesterday, they said no rookie QB had ever done that in his first seven games. That is NEVER! How many does Alex have?

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134680)
Exactly what pre-draft mistakes would those be? Skipping the Senior Bowl like his agent told him too?

I would say shitting himself in every big game he was in down the stretch was a predraft mistake.

Thats why I began to dislike him.

He is still doing stupid shit like he did in the K-State game.

BigBeauford 10-28-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10134670)
How is he supposed to be better than undefeated?

Fine, if we go down that road, then I guess our long snapper is undefeated since he doesn't screw up his role.

RealSNR 10-28-2013 02:05 PM

Cool! A false dilemma for us all to answer!

Nice thread!

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10134692)
Fine, if we go down that road, then I guess our long snapper is undefeated since he doesn't screw up his role.

Eric Fisher is undefeated in his career. Future HOF'er?

l4z4rd 10-28-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134680)

Less than a week after the New York Jets picked Geno Smith in the second round of the NFL draft, the quarterback is still under great scrutiny in league circles. … Smith, who at one point was expecting to be the No. 1 overall pick and at least a top 10 selection, has big plans for his career… The problem is that NFL types see a guy who, right now, doesn’t understand how to get there. “His biggest problem is that he doesn’t know what he doesn’t know,” said a league executive, who spent extensive time assessing Smith before the draft. “I’m not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn’t listen or talk to our coaches …” Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities. “All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself,” one of the sources said. “That’s not what you want out of your quarterback.”

-King- 10-28-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10134693)
Cool! A false dilemma for us all to answer!

Nice thread!

Thanks!

High Five!

Direckshun 10-28-2013 02:06 PM

What if we had Geno at QB, but David Newton at right tackle, and his grandmother's cat at full back?

Seriously. Think about it.

-King- 10-28-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134684)
JFC....now Geno has better skill players and a better offensive line? LMAO

I don't think his skill players are better at all. But Offensive Line? Yes, and it's not close really. I don't think anyone can argue that.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10134687)
You are so blinded by your homerism, Geno does not suck. I would take him and a more than likely 6 and 2 record right now. He has four game winning come back drives. In the Chicago Tribune yesterday, they said no rookie QB had ever done that in his first seven games. That is NEVER! How many does Alex have?

11 4th quarter comebacks and 13 game winning drives to date.

RealSNR 10-28-2013 02:07 PM

Would you rather be 8-0 with AIDS or 3-5 with chlamydia?

The Franchise 10-28-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10134701)
11 4th quarter comebacks and 13 game winning drives to date.

So roughly 1 to 2 a year. Geno has 4.....in 8 games.

warrior 10-28-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

:LOL:

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10134692)

I thought we were discussing QB play. Aren't they the only players that matter and are 100% responsible for every win and loss.

Thats how it seems here.

RealSNR 10-28-2013 02:09 PM

Would you rather be a fat slob with a huge dick or an awesome physically fit adonis with a vagina?

ClevelandBronco 10-28-2013 02:09 PM

Depends. Can I bench Alex Smith so I don't have to put up with his weak ass in the playoffs like the Niners did?

RealSNR 10-28-2013 02:09 PM

Would you rather eat poop and drink cum or eat cum and drink poop?

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134705)
So roughly 1 to 2 a year. Geno has 4.....in 8 games.

Well we only trailed once this year through 8 games. I know that just kills people like you.

-King- 10-28-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10134710)
Would you rather be a fat slob with a huge dick or an awesome physically fit adonis with a vagina?

Hmmmm...you should make a thread.

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10134687)

LMAO

He had TWO INT's for touchdowns yesterday alone.

JFC, he's been awful this year. They've won two games on shitty, fluke penalties which allowed them to kick field goals. They should be 2-6.

l4z4rd 10-28-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10134700)
I don't think his skill players are better at all. But Offensive Line? Yes, and it's not close really. I don't think anyone can argue that.

I agree. I don't see how anyone can say that the Chiefs' OL is better than theirs. As for skill players, their WR corp (when healthy) is better than ours and I would take Cumberland over Fasano. Obviously Charles is better than Powell.

-King- 10-28-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10134711)
Depends. Can I bench Alex Smith so I don't have to put up with his weak ass in the playoffs like the Niners did?

Can I cut Peyton Manning so I don't have to put up with his weak ass in the playoffs like the Colts did?

The Franchise 10-28-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10134714)
Well we only trailed once this year through 8 games. I know that just kills people like you.

Nope....it doesn't. I'm still waiting for that opportunity for Smith to show me what he has. The first half of yesterday's game.....he was looking pretty good. Then he shit the bed again. Consistency Alex.....consistency.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10134716)
LMAO

JFC, he's been awful this year. They've won two games on shitty, fluke penalties which allowed them to kick field goals. They should be 2-6.

No no no no.

With Geno a win is a win is a win.

With Alex its he didn't do anything to help win 8 straight games.

ClevelandBronco 10-28-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10134720)
Can I cut Peyton Manning so I don't have to put up with his weak ass in the playoffs like the Colts did?

Sure, but I don't think that was an option.

Fat Elvis 10-28-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

LMAO

http://cbshouston.files.wordpress.co.../179468488.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10134703)
Would you rather be 8-0 with AIDS or 3-5 with chlamydia?

LMAO This.

Geno.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134721)
Nope....it doesn't. I'm still waiting for that opportunity for Smith to show me what he has. The first half of yesterday's game.....he was looking pretty good. Then he shit the bed again. Consistency Alex.....consistency.

I prefer we don't trail in games myself.

We will get to see whats up in the next 7 games I am guessing.

I know this when we lose a game and we will, this place will melt down with vitriol and hate and it won't matter why we lose.

I have never seen an unhappier 8-0 fan base in my life who still spend half their time pining for another teams players. No matter how much you bitch its not changing.

There is literally nothing to be gained from it from any perspective.

Hell I can understand people who want Bray to succeed or be the guy, he is a Chief at least.

BigBeauford 10-28-2013 02:20 PM

No issues with winning football games. Just watching how much pressure Smith puts on his defense to come up with huge stops is stressful at best to watch. It would be nice to see him help this team get definitive wins, rather than have 1/3 of his yards come from screens, or going 3 and out for seemingly an entire half.

BlackHelicopters 10-28-2013 02:21 PM

Axl rules.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10134755)
No issues with winning football games. Just watching how much pressure Smith puts on his defense to come up with huge stops is stressful at best to watch. It would be nice to see him help this team get definitive wins, rather than have 1/3 of his yards come from screens, or going 3 and out for seemingly an entire half.

Offense outplayed the defense in the 1st half yesterday and then they switched rolls.

Lets just keep acting like we didn't have 98 yard TD drive last week to end the half.

Consistency needs to be better, but the offense is not sitting on their hands.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Hey guy! You know what! You get Alex Smith an elite offensive line, elite WR's, to go with his already elite RB & defense and you got yourself a possible playoff win right there!

l4z4rd 10-28-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

When Smith didn't give them pressure yesterday, they gave up huge play after huge play. This defense needs pressure to succeed.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10134765)
When Smith didn't give them pressure yesterday, they gave up huge play after huge play. This defense needs pressure to succeed.

:facepalm:

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

:doh!:

BigBeauford 10-28-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10134760)
Offense outplayed the defense in the 1st half yesterday and then they switched rolls.

Lets just keep acting like we didn't have 98 yard TD drive last week to end the half.

Consistency needs to be better, but the offense is not sitting on their hands.

I am not too big to admit that I still have bitterness in my heart because Smith was not the quarterback that I wanted. Got it, he is our qb, we are undefeated, quit bitching. I still don't sit well with the situation, because he has not alleviated a single concern I had when we acquired him.

BigBeauford 10-28-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Lol, hilarious if not serious. Concerning if you are.

jspchief 10-28-2013 02:36 PM

I don't know about choosing between the options in the OP, but I do feel like this team still has not found its QB. I'll accept that Smith is likely the guy through next year, but I hope he's not extended and I hope the FO is still looking for a QB.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Hey don't put a bunch of facts into this-lol

Geno is awesome and we would be Super Bowl contenders for the next 20 years with him. :)

warrior 10-28-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Or the defense letting fu***ing Jason Cambell run around and torch us for big plays.

Or the offense line giving up six sacks and numerous pressures.

SMiff gave us a good lead he dosn't play defense too.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 02:54 PM

LOL people still think we should have drafted Geno with the Number 1 pick.

8-0 and still dreaming of geno- the next Rams backup.

Hoover 10-28-2013 02:57 PM

Since the grass is always greener I voted for 3-5 with Geno so I fit in on this BB of AS haters.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10134751)
I prefer we don't trail in games myself.

We will get to see whats up in the next 7 games I am guessing.

I know this when we lose a game and we will, this place will melt down with vitriol and hate and it won't matter why we lose.

I have never seen an unhappier 8-0 fan base in my life who still spend half their time pining for another teams players. No matter how much you bitch its not changing.

There is literally nothing to be gained from it from any perspective.

Hell I can understand people who want Bray to succeed or be the guy, he is a Chief at least.

:clap: It was a tough game, but we won. Browns ALWAYS play us tough and have the best game of the year against us. It was a big win.

RINGLEADER 10-28-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Does Geno? Maybe.

Geno can't win in the regular season, what makes you think he'll do better in the post-season?

Truth is that two ticky-tack fouls that had nothing to do with Geno's skills (or lack thereof) led to half his wins this season. Ignore those and he's 2-6, which is probably a closer representation of his actual skills.

RINGLEADER 10-28-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10134880)
:clap: It was a tough game, but we won. Browns ALWAYS play us tough and have the best game of the year against us. It was a big win.

Like it or not we're also going to get everybody's best shot.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 10134887)
Geno can't win in the regular season, what makes you think he'll do better in the post-season?

Truth is that two ticky-tack fouls that had nothing to do with Geno's skills (or lack thereof) led to half his wins this season. Ignore those and he's 2-6, which is probably a closer representation of his actual skills.

Or we could ignore Davone Bess giving the Chiefs the game as well, yes?

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-28-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Jets are a 2-6 team without the help of 2 dumb flags.