ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: anatomy of an unpopular franchise. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272580)

Direckshun 04-27-2013 11:23 PM

Late night bullshit: anatomy of an unpopular franchise.

The 2012 and 2013 drafts have provided this team:

a nose tackle
two offensive tackles
a guard
a tight end
a two down linebacker
a backup running back

And that's just the first three rounds combined.

No dynamism. No passrushers. No dynamic receivers. No potential future QBs.

It's really, really hard to get excited about this. The past two drafts have been among the most forgettable in the past six or seven years, maybe more.

And while I understand it's possible that some of these players make our team better, they don't exactly make the team more fun to watch.

And... you know, the team being fun to watch is why we watch, is it not?

jd1020 04-27-2013 11:26 PM

Your choice!

Bowser 04-27-2013 11:26 PM

It's as if they treated this entire draft as an opportunity to add depth no matter what round they were in. I assume that means that they think we have the starters in place to make a push now, based on the picks they made.

RealSNR 04-27-2013 11:28 PM

"Wasn't the right year. Wait until 2014 and stop being a crybaby."

RunKC 04-27-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9639794)
It's as if they treated this entire draft as an opportunity to add depth no matter what round they were in. I assume that means that they think we have the starters in place to make a push now, based on the picks they made.

Idk I see quite a few starters TBH.

Fisher, Johnson and Kelce will all start.

I think Commings will eventually start too. He's going up against Kendrick Lewis who is always hurt and kind of a pussy.

Pilsner 04-27-2013 11:28 PM

Too risky.

milkman 04-27-2013 11:28 PM

Winning is fun to watch.

I loved defense and the O-Line watching the Chiefs as a kid.

That team won.

Direckshun 04-27-2013 11:29 PM

Even in a weak draft year, there was so much explosive talent. Players that leap off the screen.

This draft was replete with speed receivers, and passrushers. Just... total shame we exhibited no interest.

CrazyPhuD 04-27-2013 11:33 PM

If ever there was a thread that needed tags! :sulk:

TLO 04-27-2013 11:37 PM

Direckshun's whore of a mother.

Chiefspants 04-28-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9639787)
The 2012 and 2013 drafts have provided this team:

a nose tackle
two offensive tackles
a guard
a tight end
a two down linebacker
a backup running back

And that's just the first three rounds combined.

No dynamism. No passrushers. No dynamic receivers. No potential future QBs.

It's really, really hard to get excited about this. The past two drafts have been among the most forgettable in the past six or seven years, maybe more.

And while I understand it's possible that some of these players make our team better, they don't exactly make the team more fun to watch.

And... you know, the team being fun to watch is why we watch, is it not?

False. The dream of 9-7 is why we watch.

penbrook 04-28-2013 12:36 AM

We also got our QBOTF in Bray.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 12:36 AM

And for that matter, we don't even know if three of those players are any good.

I'm expecting Poe, Allen and Knile to be horrible football players going forward.

Mav 04-28-2013 12:38 AM

Sighs. The signs were there for you. From both franchises, they both operate the same way. Tell me. What did the Philidelphia eagles draft in the first round this year?

Oline, what have they drafted most in the past 15 years in the first rounds? Oline/ Dline

What have the packers drafted in the first round the past 3 years?

Oline, and dline, guess what they draft most in the Ted Thompson/ John Dorsey era? Bingo.

They got the qb they needed to sustain them.

They dont value skill players in the first round.

Randall Cobb, Greg Jennings, The kid from kansas state, Jordy Nelson, And jermichael finley, 2nd or later, their two rbs this year, second, and 5th rounds.

This is how those teams are built. They believe on building from the inside out. The signs were there, the fact that this stuns some of you, is sad, because a leopard doesnt change it spots.

KC_Lee 04-28-2013 12:38 AM

These types of drafts bring you a safe 9 - 7 or 10 - 6 type of season. Just enough to fill the stadium, get on Sunday night football every once and awhile, and get the fans back to buying Chiefs' gear.

Makes the team and owner a lot of money but never really gets you closer to a Super Bowl.

Said this many times since we traded for Alex Smith; I know how this movie is going to end.