ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****Official Kansas City Chiefs Are On The Clock**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268195)

Dayze 12-30-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddychieffan (Post 9255364)
I'm not butt hurt over misspelling clinch. I can take a ribbing.

NTTAWWT

CoMoChief 12-30-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9255366)
Since the rookie wage scale there have been 4 QBs drafted in the 1st round in each of the last 2 years with QBs like Christian Ponder and Brandon Weeden.

So I'm very curious to know how a top 3 QB falls to round 2.

Jags will trade for Tim Tebow

These players could very well play for different teams next season

Michael Vick
Matt Flynn
Kirk Cousins
Alex Smith
Matt Cassel (we all know he sucks...but for some reason there are still people in this league that think he can be a starter)

Thats just going off of the top of my head.

I truly don't believe there's 1 QB in this draft that's particularly better than the other. There's just not one person that jumps out at ya like last season. That's kinda why a lot of people are saying that it's kind of a bad year to have the #1 pick...well, unfortunately there's a lot of truth to that and of course it'd be the Chiefs thing to do to have the #1 in that year. So here we are....

Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon (never seen this guy play but supposedly he's jumping up the draft boards)
Tyler Bray
Tyler Wilson
Geno Smith
Landry Jones (people have forgotten about him, but he has pretty good NFL size who has a LOT of starting experience under his belt against top talent, like Barkley).

There are always a couple dark horses that end up shooting up the boards because of Senior Bowl performances, combine results, etc. Not saying they'll be first rd picks...but you never know...there has been some stupid wacky shit happen in the draft before (like trading up for Tebow - If Tebow can start in the NFL, so can Optimus Klein).

EJ Manuel
Colin Klein

Thig Lyfe 12-30-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddychieffan (Post 9255382)
Now that was funny.

You seem like a pretty bright guy huh.

TimeForWasp 12-31-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9253708)
Yeah I am sure there will be plenty if teams that want to give up picks to draft a guy we don't want... :facepalm:

You are very impressive with your bullshit. A team a couple spots behind us may want to jump ahead of someone right behind us to get an Offensive tackle.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-31-2012 10:17 PM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
#Chiefs might wanna start grinding that Tajh tape.

JCharles1981 01-01-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Kansas City was found using illegal salary cap management tactics during the 2009-2012 seasons. They will forfeit their first and second round picks of the 2013 season.
That's rather ironic since it didn't do anything to improve their chances of winning a single playoff game within that time span.

AussieChiefsFan 01-01-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles1981 (Post 9263239)
That's rather ironic since it didn't do anything to improve their chances of winning a single playoff game within that time span.

:spock:

JCharles1981 01-01-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9261437)
You are very impressive with your bullshit. A team a couple spots behind us may want to jump ahead of someone right behind us to get an Offensive tackle.

What is the #1 crisis facing the Kansas City Chiefs since 1995? Having a top notch QB. History has shown that when the Chiefs trade down it eventually works AGAINST them, not for them. I am sick of the "trading down" ruse. For once I want the Chiefs to draft a rookie QB, give him time to develop, and then we might have a near flawless passing game.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-01-2013 06:20 AM

WTF kind of dumb shit are you up to n00b?