ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

splatbass 01-19-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9333991)

Not trying to slam the idea just to be a jackoff, but i'm one of those who wants a "KC born and bred" player

What difference does it make as long as the QB is good? Seriously, I don't get this "KC born and bred" stuff. Is it some kind of ego thing?

Len Dawson was not a "KC born and bred" QB, and he is in the HOF and has a SB ring with the Chiefs.

BoneKrusher 01-19-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9333979)
He's an upgrade from Cassel but he's not the answer.

yep

Fat Elvis 01-19-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9333968)
Wanted to draft this guy last year...

That said..I'd trade a 3rd for him. Nothing more.

Draft Geno and trade a 3rd for Foles? I think that is a good idea.

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9334007)
What difference does it make as long as the QB is good?

They feel so empowered lately that they think they can be picky

i want my QB to be born in KC who likes long walks on the beach and drinks coors beer,pretzels and ....

Easy 6 01-19-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9334007)
What difference does it make as long as the QB is good? Seriously, I don't get this "KC born and bred" stuff. Is it some kind of ego thing?

Len Dawson was not a "KC born and bred" QB, and he is in the HOF and has a SB ring with the Chiefs.

I wont argue that, if we magically stumble into the golden turd that some other team didnt want... I'M IN.

Just stating my preference.

Mojo Jojo 01-19-2013 09:02 PM

This article is just a ripoff of the KK & Stan Weber conversation Friday on WHB. It would be nice if he at least had an original odea or at least credit the others who have already done this work. Hack

FloridaMan88 01-19-2013 09:03 PM

No to trading for Matt Flynn

No to trading for Nick Foles

No to trading for Michael Vick

No to keeping Stanzi (obviously no to keeping Cassel or re-signing Quinn)

Yes to drafting Geno Smith and another QB in the middle rounds

Stad 01-19-2013 09:05 PM

Didn't read but no thanks.

milkman 01-19-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9333991)
It actually was an entertaining read and the guy made a pretty nice case for Foles, i WILL say that.

But as you're well aware, this fanbase is ready for OUR guy, not the other guy... besides that the author is taking a huge leap to assume the guy is on the trade block.

Not trying to slam the idea just to be a jackoff, but i'm one of those who wants a "KC born and bred" player, not the guy the iggles may or may not be ready to cast off.

I am not against the idea of trading for Foles.

Liked him in college.

As long as the decision to make that trade doen't deter this team from drafting Geno, I would be all for it.

Our QB situation would be the most credible it has been since the days of Lenny Dawson and Jackie Lee.

J Diddy 01-19-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9334026)
They feel so empowered lately that they think they can be picky

i want my QB to be born in KC who likes long walks on the beach and drinks coors beer,pretzels and ....

has a hot alabama style girlfriend

Brock 01-19-2013 09:10 PM

All right everybody, verse four.....EVERYBODY sing it!

splatbass 01-19-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9334041)
No to trading for Matt Flynn

No to trading for Nick Foles

No to trading for Michael Vick

No to keeping Stanzi (obviously no to keeping Cassel or re-signing Quinn)

Yes to drafting Geno Smith and another QB in the middle rounds

Who would be your 3rd QB? Are you saying we shouldn't trade for any of the 3 we will need?

FranciscoD'Anconia 01-19-2013 09:11 PM

I'm an Eagles fan. I can tell you that Nick Foles is a franchise QB of the future and I'm very confident that he is better than any QB in this draft. Don't be fooled by the 3rd round pick. He had a better QB rating as a rookie than Andrew Luck, and that's with playing in an offense where 9 out of 11 starters were out with injuries. If you were to trade your early 2nd round pick for him, or swap #1 overall with #4 overall for Foles, you would be getting an absolute steal and would be robbing the Philadelphia Eagles.

Btw, what was up with "No to trading for Michael Vick". Why would you have to trade for Michael Vick? He's going to be released.

Easy 6 01-19-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334049)
I am not against the idea of trading for Foles.

Liked him in college.

As long as the decision to make that trade doen't deter this team from drafting Geno, I would be all for it.

Our QB situation would be the most credible it has been since the days of Lenny Dawson and Jackie Lee.

Thats fair enough, as long as a QB is taken number one overall, i'd be fine with just about any other move they wanted to make to fill in the blanks.

I'm not the college watcher many of you are, so i dont have to have Geno, just whoever it is Reid and Dorsey think fits their vision the best.

The Franchise 01-19-2013 09:12 PM

I would give up a 6th or 7th for Foles as long as we still draft Geno #1