ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

mcaj22 07-05-2013 04:18 PM

and why would Melo leave his home/the place hes always wanted to play lol

KevB 07-05-2013 04:22 PM

Perhaps Asik goes back to Lakers in S&T? I assume Houston still trying to figure a way to get Smoove and perhaps Calderon. Anybody willing to trade for Lin?

Calderon, Harden, Parsons, Smoove and Dwight? Not sure you win a ring with Smoove and Howard, but damn that team would be fun to watch. I'd buy season tix regardless. The power has definitely shifted in the West. Goodbye Denver and LA. Hello Houston and GSW. Spurs, OKC and Memphis should also still be good. Clippers have gotten better, both on the floor and on the bench. Minny should be better if they re-sign Pek and they can stay healthy this year. Pelicans will be better and will contend for a playoff spot. West is just loaded.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9793995)
LBJ is not going to LAL.

I don't think so either but there is gonna be a lot of money to spend on someone.

Lakers will get back to the top that's not a concern for Lakers fans for god sake in my 36 years on this earth they been to the finals 16 times. That's what like close to 40 percent I think.

Its just who is the next guy

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 04:24 PM

Harden-Howard are going to be so good! No more Asik killing assist after assist. Good player otherwise though... wish him the best.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9794001)
Harden-Howard are going to be so good! No more Asik killing assist after assist. Good player otherwise though... wish him the best.

Lol yes it will Dwight is terrible on offense unless its a lob or an open dunk. Howard is bad on offense. Great rebounder and off ball defender and that's it pretty much .

KevB 07-05-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9794004)
Lol yes it will Dwight is terrible on offense unless its a lob or an open dunk. Howard is bad on offense. Great rebounder and off ball defender and that's it pretty much .

You say Howard is bad on offense, but Rocket fans spent the season watch Asik man the center position. It will be like bringing Kareem into the fold by comparison.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9794004)

Harden is going to get Howard dunks all game

kcxiv 07-05-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794008)
You say Howard is bad on offense, but Rocket fans spent the season watch Asik man the center position. It will be like bringing Kareem into the fold by comparison.

The thing is now or gonna count o. Howard in the post. You will see. I seen every game by the Lakers last year and Howard got better in every phase of his game but the offense as the season went along. Well free throws but that's not expected to get better. Its down right ugly when he has the ball.

KC_Connection 07-05-2013 05:00 PM

Houston needs to get rid of Lin too if they really intend to contend this year. He'll hold them back if he keeps playing extended minutes.

KevB 07-05-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9794026)
Houston needs to get rid of Lin too if they really intend to contend this year. He'll hold them back if he keeps playing extended minutes.

Certainly, and then replace him with Calderon who has indicated interest in playing with Howard. Puts another plus shooter on the floor, and he's not much worse defensively than Lin.

Start Croyle 07-05-2013 05:15 PM

Edit: Oh crap, I should read the news before posting!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9794026)

Meh. He's above-average. I'i have little doubt he'll develop into a 40% 3-point shooter. I'm fine with him or without him

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 06:03 PM

If you are familiar with Harden's game at all, you will realize that Howard is a perfect partner for him. He either shoots a three, drives in for a layup (and attempting to get an and-1 every single time) or dishes out/in while he drives in. All Dwight has to do is catch and dunk, or rebound and dunk. There is no post game necessary.

I'm not as optimistic about Smith however. The past few years he has developed some bizzare idea that he is a 3-pt shooter, and consistently passes up opportunities to score in the paint, where he excels, for bad shots in the corner. In a way, I suppose that would be good for Howard and Harden to open up the floor, but if I were Mchale and co. I'd want to utilize his talents that you're paying a max contract for.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9794074)
If you are familiar with Harden's game at all, you will realize that Howard is a perfect partner for him. He either shoots a three, drives in for a layup (and attempting to get an and-1 every single time) or dishes out/in while he drives in. All Dwight has to do is catch and dunk, or rebound and dunk. There is no post game necessary.

I'm not as optimistic about Smith however. The past few years he has developed some bizzare idea that he is a 3-pt shooter, and consistently passes up opportunities to score in the paint, where he excels, for bad shots in the corner. In a way, I suppose that would be good for Howard and Harden to open up the floor, but if I were Mchale and co. I'd want to utilize his talents that you're paying a max contract for.

Great assessment. Never was a huge fan of Smith. Aldridge would be ideal.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 06:11 PM

Howard not gonna like being option 2 all the time. Then the same shit will happen with Dwight. He wants to be the man not a side kick. Some folks have no clue I guess.