ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alas, T-Rich, we STILL miss you! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=232226)

AirForceChief 08-19-2010 03:20 PM

Alas, T-Rich, we STILL miss you!

Great read on the best fullback in FB at:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...697437158.html

One of my favorite parts:

"Mr. Richardson is a fullback, which is one of the NFL's truly thankless jobs—and, in many corners of the league, a lost art. He blocks for the running back, protects the quarterback in passing situations and might as well show up for work with a lunch pail. But there are moments, rare moments, when a fullback finds scraps of glory.

Such was the case against the Texans, when Mr. Richardson led the way for Mr. Jones and found a safety waiting to make the tackle. So Mr. Richardson did what was necessary: "Tony just annihilated him," said Brian Schottenheimer, the Jets' offensive coordinator."

BossChief 08-19-2010 03:23 PM

T-rich, Donnie Edwards and Casey Weigman were guys that should have never been let go.

DMAC 08-19-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6943039)
T-rich, Donnie Edwards and Casey Weigman were guys that should have never been let go.

Yep, we seem to let all of our talented "character" guys go.

BossChief 08-19-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6943040)
Yep, we seem to let all of our talented "character" guys go.

not sure Id agree with that, I think those three were anomalies and exceptions to the way we usually do business.

Our problem is getting players, not keeping them.

Those three will always puzzle me as to why we let them go for nothing.

DMAC 08-19-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6943047)
not sure Id agree with that, I think those three were anomalies and exceptions to the way we usually do business.

Our problem is getting players, not keeping them.

Those three will always puzzle me as to why we let them go for nothing.

Add Barth to the list.

ModSocks 08-19-2010 03:33 PM

Here's to hoping that the Jets let him go so he can come be a Chief again! i'm sure Thomas Jones wouldn't mind.

kcxiv 08-19-2010 03:33 PM

He's going to be booted from the JEts soon. There is no way they keep T Rich over John Conner.

ModSocks 08-19-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6943057)
He's going to be booted from the JEts soon. There is no way they keep T Rich over John Conner.

I'm really starting to feel like Rex Ryan is one of those coaches that thinks he can plug any player into his schemes and they will work. getting rid of guys like Thomas Jones and T-Rich can't help your running game.

kcxiv 08-19-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6943062)
I'm really starting to feel like Rex Ryan is one of those coaches that thinks he can plug any player into his schemes and they will work. getting rid of guys like Thomas Jones and T-Rich can't help your running game.

Have you seen John Conner on hard knocks? the dude knocks EVERYONE around. he just blows shit up. You dont get rid of a kid thats people are saying is doing better then T Rich at this point. You cant really hold 2 fullbacks. He wont last the waiver wire. Sometimes you have to take a chance on the young guys.

Rain Man 08-19-2010 03:50 PM

The article also gives props to another former Chief.

That's right. Kendrell Bell.

ModSocks 08-19-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6943091)
Have you seen John Conner on hard knocks? the dude knocks EVERYONE around. he just blows shit up. You dont get rid of a kid thats people are saying is doing better then T Rich at this point. You cant really hold 2 fullbacks. He wont last the waiver wire. Sometimes you have to take a chance on the young guys.

Im not saying Conner isn't a good player. But if you keep removing pieces of a successful run game, it's bound to explode in your face at some point. I just want T-Rich to come back to KC and finish his career by opening up lanes for Charles and Jones to run through. Im sure cassel wouldn't mind either.

BossChief 08-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6943051)
Add Barth to the list.

:spock:

hell to the no, but I will add Pollard and hopefully we don't add DJ after this year.

kcxiv 08-19-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6943100)
Im not saying Conner isn't a good player. But if you keep removing pieces of a successful run game, it's bound to explode in your face at some point. I just want T-Rich to come back to KC and finish his career by opening up lanes for Charles and Jones to run through. Im sure cassel wouldn't mind either.

Well, from what they are showing, he's younger, hits harder and the coaches are loving him. What if he's better? or has the chance as the year goes on to be better, then its the right choice. You dont draft the guy who shows alot of promise and give him the boot over a 37 year old fullback.

T Rich is one of the best fullbacks to ever do it, but he's 37.

KCrockaholic 08-19-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6943165)

T Rich is one of the best fullbacks to ever do it, but he's 37.

Actually he is going to be turning 39 this year.

Baby Lee 08-19-2010 04:38 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oMO9CfG03A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oMO9CfG03A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Watch the guy in the 3-point stance in FRONT of Mr. Holmes.

The play at 6:05 was when I knew I was in love.