ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tony Gonzalez Tears: They're Delicious! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269122)

mikey23545 01-20-2013 06:00 PM

Tony Gonzalez Tears: They're Delicious!

Maybe he should ask the Failclowns to trade him back to the Chiefs...LMAO

DaFace 01-20-2013 06:01 PM

I wanted the Niners to win, but I felt bad for Tony. But hey, at least he won a playoff game.

DeezNutz 01-20-2013 06:01 PM

Sure looked like he was whining about being "wide open" as he was shown on the bench in the waning moments.

ArrowheadMagic 01-20-2013 06:02 PM

Still in the HOF. He'll get over it.

jspchief 01-20-2013 06:02 PM

Yeah, see him mouthing "wide open"?

Lol, sorry Tony. TEs still don't win Superbowls.

Shogun 01-20-2013 06:02 PM

Tony Gonzales has more wins in the playoffs than the Chiefs do since 1993

Mr. Laz 01-20-2013 06:04 PM

hehe

patteeu 01-20-2013 06:07 PM

The only thing that could have been better would be if the Falcons had been bumped out last week to keep him at zero playoff wins.

mikey23545 01-20-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9336853)
The only thing that could have been better would be if the Falcons had been bumped out last week to keep him at zero playoff wins.

Yep.

mikey23545 01-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9336838)

A high accomplishment indeed!

I can just see him sitting in his rocking chair as an old man, telling his organically grown grandchildren, "You know, I won one more playoff game in my career than the Chiefs did during my stellar, but ultimately pointless career..."

"And then those bastards won the Super Bowl the year after I retired!"

KC_Connection 01-20-2013 06:12 PM

Wait, why are we not supposed to like Tony Gonzalez again?

Cmd'r&Chief 01-20-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9336869)

Because he turned his back on us...he could have stayed and suffered through the Pioli era like the rest of us. But no! He wanted to play for a team not lead by a douche noodle

jspchief 01-20-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

You can like whoever you want.

Hootie 01-20-2013 06:21 PM

any Chiefs fan that hates Tony Gonzalez is an idiot.

My stance on this subject is firm.

DeezNutz 01-20-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I have no doubt I have some posts on this site bitching about his attitude when he forced the trade, but any anger I had has long since subsided.

Great player. Loved watching him play.

Hammock Parties 01-20-2013 06:24 PM

Tony hates true fans, and we have that in common.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9336910)
Because he turned his back on us...he could have stayed and suffered through the ***** era like the rest of us. But no! He wanted to play for a team not lead by a douche noodle

TonyG is the best TE to ever play the game and he did nothing but post a HOF career for a shitty franchise and people here are going to trash on him.

LMAO....this place is something else ...

morphius 01-20-2013 06:27 PM

He wanted out of here for a couple years, got his wish. Don't hate the guy, but didn't want to see him in the SB either.

Chiefspants 01-20-2013 06:29 PM

Truth be told, I was wondering why the Boy Scout didn't look his way on the last play. I'm thinking his shoulder was bothering him much more than he was letting on.

HolyHat 01-20-2013 06:29 PM

I like Tony, but the way he cried like a bitch last week after winning a playoff game was lame.

threebag 01-20-2013 06:29 PM

ORIGINALITY

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/p...iepol/zero.png

SAUTO 01-20-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9336933)
Yeah, I have no doubt I have some posts on this site bitching about his attitude when he forced the trade, but any anger I had has long since subsided.

Great player. Loved watching him play.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX 01-20-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9336824)
Maybe he should ask the Failclowns to trade him back to the Chiefs...LMAO

You're such an idiot.

candyman 01-20-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9336931)

I dont "hate" him, but I think he's a whiny little bitch.

Chiefaholic 01-20-2013 06:39 PM

I have no hard feelings toward Tony wanting out of the cluster**** this franchise was at the time. We just now appear to be making the turn we should have years ago. Tony came one game short of the ultimate goal with Atlanta. Hopefully he'll retire a Chief in the near future.

ChiefRocka 01-20-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Your and idiot.

And your stance is firmly gay.

KC kid 01-20-2013 06:42 PM

Tony G consistenly put his own stats and career ahead of the team. . . then cried like a bitch when he no longer had a parking spot. **** that guy

Runningwolf 01-20-2013 06:42 PM

I would LOVE for Tony to be traded back to the Chiefs for a draft pick or for a defensive player. We have the opportunity to go from crap to a contender this year with a decent QB. Tony belongs with the Chiefs.

jspchief 01-20-2013 06:44 PM

He was never a likeable guy, and now he doesn't play for my team. Zero ****s.

KCTitus 01-20-2013 06:45 PM

I kind of feel bad for Tony...kind of. For some reason, I never thought that Atlanta was a SB caliber team and, of course, they proved it. As a world class TE, it's a shame that Tony wasted his best years on a joke of a franchise.

Fritz88 01-20-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9336833)
Still in the HOF. He'll get over it.

Jim Kelly hasn't.

**** TG for dunking in front of the fans who loved him for years.

BlackHelicopters 01-20-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9336838)

So does Tim Tebow.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9337054)
Jim Kelly hasn't.

He dunked it everywhere else no?

stfu

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9336966)
Truth be told, I was wondering why the Boy Scout didn't look his way on the last play. I'm thinking his shoulder was bothering him much more than he was letting on.

well no shit he couldn't even move it....he barely held onto the snap.

that shoulder's ****ed.

ArrowheadMagic 01-20-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9337054)
Jim Kelly hasn't.

and? its what he does when he scores.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 06:51 PM

Hey at least we got Javier Arenas

Molitoth 01-20-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9336953)
TonyG is the best TE to ever play the game and he did nothing but post a HOF career for a shitty franchise and people here are going to trash on him.

LMAO....this place is something else ...

I actually agree with you. Tony wanted to win, and this stupid franchise stuck with Matt Cassel for 4 years. I don't blame him one bit for wanting out of here.

Fritz88 01-20-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337068)
He dunked it everywhere else no?

stfu

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9337076)
and? its what he does when he scores.

Not in ArrowHead.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 06:55 PM

Last weekend it was the Herm Edwards lovers coming out of the closet..backing John Fox for running it on 3rd n 7 when a first down wins the game....had that happened in KC people would be marching to Arrowhead with ****ing pitchforks and flaming torches.

this week it's people bashing TonyG. The only real nationally relevant Chiefs player in the last 15 yrs. Other than a couple years he was on some really bad Chiefs teams. He's had crap QB's and he did nothing but carry the passing game with ZERO weapons at WR and put up a HOF career.

He was in the twilight of his career and didn't want another rebuilding process and saw the monster of ****headedness that was coming in here and didn't want any part of it.

And people are going to bash him? LMAO grow the **** up.

Carlota69 01-20-2013 06:55 PM

Tony told me in an interview that he would retire a Chief. He was very clear about that. The only thing that would of changed his mind iis a SB ring with Atlanta. So, as it stands now, he will retire a Chief.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9337093)
Not in ArrowHead.

IIRC he dunked it more times in Arrowhead than any other place in the NFL.

Stop being a ****ing baby.....seriously.

Fritz88 01-20-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337102)
IIRC he dunked it more times in Arrowhead than any other place in the NFL.

Stop being a ****ing baby.....seriously.

Eat a bag of monkey dicks.

ElGringo 01-20-2013 06:58 PM

My only problem with TG is that a very unreliable source has said when he goes to the hall he will go as a Falcon and not acknowledge his time in KC. If that is true I am totally out of ****s to give about him, if it is untrue, I wish he would have won.

AussieChiefsFan 01-20-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGringo (Post 9337113)
My only problem with TG is that a very unreliable source has said when he goes to the hall he will go as a Falcon and not acknowledge his time in KC. If that is true I am totally out of ****s to give about him, if it is untrue, I wish he would have won.

:hmmm:

TheGuardian 01-20-2013 06:59 PM

Hate on him because he wanted to be traded? Hardly.

I ****ing cant' stand Tony because he was always about his stats. Period. I remember Tony always saying he just wanted to win a SB but when we were winning under Vermiel he left a game pissed off, after a win, because he only caught 1 pass and bitched how he needed to be more involved. Tony is/was a selfish asshole. I'm glad he'll never sniff a ring. **** him.

hometeam 01-20-2013 07:00 PM

I don't delight in negative things happening to Tony Gonzalez~

Fritz88 01-20-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9337123)

I ****ing cant' stand Tony because he was always about his stats. Period. I remember Tony always saying he just wanted to win a SB but when we were winning under Vermiel he left a game pissed off, after a win, because he only caught 1 pass and bitched how he needed to be more involved. Tony is/was a selfish asshole. I'm glad he'll never sniff a ring. **** him.

He deserves to be involved because he always ****ing delivers. He is as clutch as it can be humanly possible.

**** him for dunking on his fans.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9337109)
Eat a bag of monkey dicks.

WAAAA TonyG scored as a Falcon and dunked the ball in Arrowhead!!!

WAAAAA I'm so emotionally torn!!! I'm not going to be able to sleep!!! I will hate TonyG forever because of that.

I bet you're the kind of faqqot that changes the radio station when a song comes on that reminds you of a ex gf from 10yrs ago.

****in douchebag.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9337123)

I never heard him say that during DV era.

Herm however was different...and I don't care if he was pissed....he was the best player on the field..and Herm wanted to run the ball 45 times a game with LJ.

Again...most of his career was with really SHITTY teams and he showed up on game day while others shit their pants.

mlyonsd 01-20-2013 07:14 PM

He is/was a great player that earned himself enough money to live the rest of his life comfortably.

He made a decision to leave for a personal reason, which was reaching for the glory a SB ring brings you. Life is about choices and he chose himself over the organization.

Doesn't look like it's going to work out but because of the second point some do have a right to dislike him.

That said, **** Tony Gonzalez.

TheGuardian 01-20-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337157)
I never heard him say that during DV era.

Herm however was different...and I don't care if he was pissed....he was the best player on the field..and Herm wanted to run the ball 45 times a game with LJ.

Again...most of his career was with really SHITTY teams and he showed up on game day while others shit their pants.

Go and look up his stats. The very next week Vermiel came out and run a god damn tight end REVERSE! So Tony could be "more involved".

He was and always will be a bitch. And he wasn't clutch today when it was third down and he came up short.

Jenson71 01-20-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9337191)
He is/was a great player that earned himself enough money to live the rest of his life comfortably.

He made a decision to leave for a personal reason, which was reaching for the glory a SB ring brings you. Life is about choices and he chose himself over the organization.

Doesn't look like it's going to work out but because of the second point some do have a right to dislike him.

Jesus, get a grip. It's a multi-million dollar professional football team, not a religious cult.

Hammock Parties 01-20-2013 07:18 PM

Tony didn't ask out. Pioli was going to trade him the minute he got here. Patriot Way isn't about superstars.

ArrowheadMagic 01-20-2013 07:18 PM

Are we arguing the clutchness of a TE? JFC no wonder this fanbase doesnt like Brady.

FloridaMan88 01-20-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9337191)

Fat Scott traded Gonzalez, you describe it as if he left on his own via free agency.

AussieChiefsFan 01-20-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337206)
Fat Scott traded Gonzalez, you describe it as if he left on his own via free agency.

He requested to be traded though.

Phobia 01-20-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Your opinion definitely weighs heavily considering you're Peyton Manning's biggest fan.

stonedstooge 01-20-2013 07:20 PM

I wish I would have been traded as a fan 4 years ago. It would have saved a lot of heartache

morphius 01-20-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337206)

He'd been asking to be traded for a while, so I think it is a fair assesment.

Phobia 01-20-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9337210)

Um - it had reached "demand" stages. He asked for several years and finally got his way.

FloridaMan88 01-20-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9337210)

Who can blame him.

Gonzalez would have gladly stayed in KC if the Chiefs were serious about building a winner at the time... but with Herm and then Fat Scott, Tony could clearly see the bullshit.

Phobia 01-20-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337227)
Who can blame him.

Gonzalez would have gladly stayed in KC if the Chiefs were serious about building a winner at the time... but with Herm and then Fat Scott, Tony could cleary see the bullshit.

I think the Chiefs were serious considering the young movement. Hell, they were a coin flip away from having Matt Ryan as our QB under Herm. Herm maintains to this day that if the Chiefs won that coin flip with the Falcons that he would still be the coach.

AussieChiefsFan 01-20-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337227)
Who can blame him.

Gonzalez would have gladly stayed in KC if the Chiefs were serious about building a winner at the time... but with Herm and then Fat Scott, Tony could clearly see the bullshit.

Was just stating that he requested it.

FloridaMan88 01-20-2013 07:25 PM

I think it is funny many of the Tony Gonzalez haters... calling him a "prick", calling him "too stats focused", "selfish", etc., also consider Derrick Thomas to be their favorite Chiefs player of all time.

Derrick Thomas was the definition of everything the haters accuse Tony G. of being.

jspchief 01-20-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337246)
I think it is funny many of the Tony Gonzalez haters... calling him a "prick", calling him "too stats focused", "selfish", etc., also consider Derrick Thomas to be their favorite Chiefs player of all time.

Derrick Thomas was the definition of everything the haters accuse Tony G. of being.

Elaborate.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9337198)
Go and look up his stats. The very next week Vermiel came out and run a god damn tight end REVERSE! So Tony could be "more involved".

He was and always will be a bitch. And he wasn't clutch today when it was third down and he came up short.

TonyG posted his best numbers while DV was here...and it wasn't because he bitched about getting the ball.

This is a really ****ing stupid argument to even think about getting into LMAO

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9337239)
I think the Chiefs were serious considering the young movement. Hell, they were a coin flip away from having Matt Ryan as our QB under Herm. Herm maintains to this day that if the Chiefs won that coin flip with the Falcons that he would still be the coach.

I get what you're saying to a point..

LMAO

But I have a hard time thinking that Herm was just a coin flip away from still being the Chiefs current coach. I mean just saying that in a sentence to myself makes me almost fall off my couch laughing.

Seriously though...have you read that back to yourself yet?

FloridaMan88 01-20-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9337251)
Elaborate.

Derrick Thomas was more of a prick than Tony Gonzalez... 7 children with 5 mothers, leaving virtually no $$$ in his estate for his kids, killing his best friend, Michael Tellis, Lamar Hunt declaring the Chiefs "disgraced" by DT's 3 personal foul penalties in the Monday Night Meltdown game against Denver, etc.

In the end both DT and Tony Gonzalez's times in KC will be remembered for individual stats (receptions/yards for Tony G, sacks for DT) and not for impact performances by either player in the playoffs.

TheGuardian 01-20-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337262)
TonyG posted his best numbers while DV was here...and it wasn't because he bitched about getting the ball.

This is a really ****ing stupid argument to even think about getting into LMAO

It's not an argument. He bitched about not getting the ball enough after a win. That's a fact.

GloryDayz 01-20-2013 07:49 PM

I don't dislike him on a personal level, well hell, I don't know him on a personal level, I've just grown to not wanting anybody who leaves KC to succeed. Both out teams had turned into farm teams for true contenders and that pisses me off, so I'm less inclined to wish the occasional player well for, let's say, leaving because of cap space.

This city was too nice for too long, and maybe that's why owners treated us the way they did. Look at what's happened since SOC revolted! Sheesh, even Glass decided, for some odd reason, that this would be a good year to invest in the team a LOT more than before.

mlyonsd 01-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9337202)
Jesus, get a grip. It's a multi-million dollar professional football team, not a religious cult.

Yeah, so **** him.

Phobia 01-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337285)
I get what you're saying to a point..

LMAO

But I have a hard time thinking that Herm was just a coin flip away from still being the Chiefs current coach. I mean just saying that in a sentence to myself makes me almost fall off my couch laughing.

Seriously though...have you read that back to yourself yet?

I didn't say that. Herm said it.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9337395)
I don't dislike him on a personal level, well hell, I don't know him on a personal level, I've just grown to not wanting anybody who leaves KC to succeed. Both out teams had turned into farm teams for true contenders and that pisses me off, so I'm less inclined to wish the occasional player well for, let's say, leaving because of cap space.

This city was too nice for too long, and maybe that's why owners treated us the way they did. Look at what's happened since SOC revolted! Sheesh, even Glass decided, for some odd reason, that this would be a good year to invest in the team a LOT more than before.

And there it is.....ya let the cat out of the bag.

This is childish and ****ing ignorant behavior.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9337413)
I didn't say that. Herm said it.

The fact that he really said that makes it even funnier.

The fact that he thinks his entire fate of his coaching tenure w/ the Chiefs all came down to a simple coin flip.

mlyonsd 01-20-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9337395)

Well said.

Phobia 01-20-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337431)

The fact that he thinks his entire fate of his coaching tenure w/ the Chiefs all came down to a simple coin flip.

You don't think a franchise QB compared to a DL bust can make the difference in a coaching career?

KCBOSS1 01-20-2013 08:13 PM

This is the first year since he left that I pulled for TG some. But he whined for the last several years for the Chiefs. He wanted out of KC.

SAUTO 01-20-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337431)

If we had drafted Matt Ryan he might still be here.
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz 01-20-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337419)
And there it is.....ya let the cat out of the bag.

This is childish and ****ing ignorant behavior.

LOL, putting up with your favorite teams being a revolving door for good players and other teams is ****ing stupid...

patteeu 01-20-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9337089)
I actually agree with you. Tony wanted to win, and this stupid franchise stuck with Matt Cassel for 4 years. I don't blame him one bit for wanting out of here.

I'm a live and let live guy when it comes to how and for whom other Chiefs fans want to root/jeer so don't take this as criticism of you. That said, I don't blame Richard Seymour or Von Miller for celebrating when they sack a Chiefs QB, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy when it happens. For me, it's the same situation when a Chiefs player makes an understandable decision to put his own interest ahead of my team by seeking greener pastures. I can keep rooting for a Bernard Pollard who was run out of town, but not for a guy who pushed his way out of town. I don't hate him, but I'm happier if players who do what Tony G did find browner pastures instead of the green ones they were chasing.