ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Screw Gunther (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106370)

the Talking Can 12-14-2004 01:07 AM

Screw Gunther

His defense is worse than Robinson's.

How many times did he blitz tonight and give up a huge pass? The whole stadium sees it coming.

Just terrible. His coaching and D calls have been terrible.

I'm venting, and I'm sure he'll be better with better players...but he gets an F for this year and a F+ for this game.

Predictable. That one word sums up his "game plan."

(i really am happy we won, I'm just tired of watching our players run into the line of scrimmage while a back up QB throws 50 yard bombs over Bartee in single coverage. That's the equivelant of giving up, imho)

Sure-Oz 12-14-2004 01:08 AM

We don't have playmakers, period.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2004 01:08 AM

Gunther's scheme has improved the run D but overexposed our defensive backs.

The truth is no NFL coordinator could field a good D with these players. Robinson's marginal success last year was due to facing crappy offenses with young/bad QBs.

bricks 12-14-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz

That pretty much sums it up :thumb:

Taco John 12-14-2004 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz

Hey, quit stealing my smack from last year, unless you're willing to preface it with, "Taco was right, ..."

|Zach| 12-14-2004 01:14 AM

Screw The BR0NCOS!

Deberg_1990 12-14-2004 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
His defense is worse than Robinson's.

How many times did he blitz tonight and give up a huge pass? The whole stadium sees it coming.

Just terrible. His coaching and D calls have been terrible.

I'm venting, and I'm sure he'll be better with better players...but he gets an F for this year and a F+ for this game.

Predictable. That one word sums up his "game plan."

(i really am happy we won, I'm just tired of watching our players run into the line of scrimmage while a back up QB throws 50 yard bombs over Bartee in single coverage. That's the equivelant of giving up, imho)

Gunther is calling all the right plays and formations. The players just are not executing....they suck...HARD! Seriously, i want all of our DB's gone next year except Harts and Wesley..and even Wesley is not that great.

Logical 12-14-2004 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName
Gunther's scheme has improved the run D but overexposed our defensive backs.

The truth is no NFL coordinator could field a good D with these players. Robinson's marginal success last year was due to facing crappy offenses with young/bad QBs.

You mean like Volek tonight. We had no success tonight defensively against a young/bad QB.:hmmm:

stevieray 12-14-2004 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Hey, quit stealing my smack from last year, unless you're willing to preface it with, "Taco was right, ..."

You're a tard.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2004 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
You mean like Volek tonight. We had no success tonight defensively against a young/bad QB.:hmmm:

Volek is not bad, and he has more experience than some of the QBs we faced last year that stunk it up.

Volek had to deal with alot of pressure and still delivered the ball accurately.

tk13 12-14-2004 01:37 AM

The way Gunther's talking on this interview with Bob Gretz after the game, he chewed some ass again at halftime this week...

Overally, he still sounds pretty frustrated to me though... says he switched some things up in the 2nd half that worked better... he knew eventually they were going to counter with that big screen. Said he thought the guys did a better job in practice of understanding the concepts he knew they'd be facing from the Titans, like their WR's running pick routes (like Bennett's long TD across the middle where Bartee got blocked off), but they didn't always execute...

2bikemike 12-14-2004 01:41 AM

Even though our defense sucks just as much this year as last I am still glad we have Gun. I think our front line is playing better. Hopefully we can build on that and aquire a few good players in the secondary and we sure could use a damn good LB. One more stud lineman and we will see some improvement.

I also think we are seeing signs of deterioration in the offense. Hopefully we can get some of the young guys to step up next year.

cdcox 12-14-2004 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
You're a tard.

Give Taco a break. He is just upset that the Titans have two qbs better than anyone they can put on the field.

Logical 12-14-2004 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName
Volek is not bad, and he has more experience than some of the QBs we faced last year that stunk it up.

Volek had to deal with alot of pressure and still delivered the ball accurately.

Really which ones last year were younger/more inexperienced?

The Bad Guy 12-14-2004 01:58 AM

I hope they cut every defensive player except Allen, Dalton, Sims and Fujita.

Everyone else is just an embarrasment.