ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Defenbaugh trash haulers wont take TVs. What do you do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203178)

googlegoogle 02-26-2009 04:48 PM

Defenbaugh trash haulers wont take TVs. What do you do?

Costs in Johnson county-

Defenbaugh - $25 per item on a sceduled day ! WTF

Johnson county landfill - $28 per load. $60 for truck load.

Remember the days these guys would actually haul your trash.

Anyone think this is a ripoff.

Any trash haulers do it for less?

Demonpenz 02-26-2009 04:49 PM

I smashed mine to shit then broke it up put it in a sack :shrug:

jAZ 02-26-2009 04:49 PM

Call an electronics recycler. They take anything with a plug and it won't end up in a landfill.

jAZ 02-26-2009 04:50 PM

http://www.recyclespot.org/electronics.asp

Blindside58 02-26-2009 04:51 PM

cough... cough.... nearest apartment complex dumpster.. cough.. cough ..

Stewie 02-26-2009 04:51 PM

Put your TV out, they'll take it. They took a 27" three weeks ago with my regular trash.

Stewie 02-26-2009 04:52 PM

Most cities have a big trash day once or twice a year.

sedated 02-26-2009 04:52 PM

just leave it on the side of the road (not near your house). it is now someone else's problem.

Stewie 02-26-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 5530778)
Call an electronics recycler. They take anything with a plug and it won't end up in a landfill.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

They pick out a few parts and the other 99% goes in the landfill.

googlegoogle 02-26-2009 04:58 PM

You guys rock !

Just seems morally wrong for these guys to nickel and dime you for specific types of trash if it's nontoxic.

Makes me if these guys collude with local government to get us.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-26-2009 04:58 PM

That's what I loved about living in Concord NC. I left a ****ing refrigerator outside next to my trash can one day and they hauled that bitch off with the rest of it.

They'd come by once a month and pick up leaves and branches and shit. They were great.

Chief_in_Commander 02-26-2009 05:00 PM

That's awesome. I f'n hate our trash system, 2 bags once a week unless you buy "stickers" for a dollar a piece. It's a joke to say the least, I live with a brother and a friend and a brother's friend so we have a lot of trash and it's absurd we can't just put 5 bags out there......

Demonpenz 02-26-2009 05:03 PM

if you stretched the average mans trash together it would reach the moon in just one week

Bugeater 02-26-2009 05:04 PM

I've hated Deffenbaugh since the day they took over trash service here, those pricks are so goddamn picky about what they will take. They won't even take a box filled with trash, it has to be in a can or bag. WTF?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerodDenny (Post 5530841)
That's awesome. I f'n hate our trash system, 2 bags once a week unless you buy "stickers" for a dollar a piece. It's a joke to say the least, I live with a brother and a friend and a brother's friend so we have a lot of trash and it's absurd we can't just put 5 bags out there......

Ever heard of recycling? That can greatly reduce the amount of trash you generate.

Blindside58 02-26-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5530862)
I've hated Deffenbaugh since the day they took over trash service here, those pricks are so goddamn picky about what they will take. They won't even take a box filled with trash, it has to be in a can or bag. WTF?

Ever heard of recycling? That can greatly reduce the amount of trash you generate.

Defenbaugh does suck. My neighbor put a friendly note on a bag that stated it was a bit heavy and to be careful...but it obviously was not heavy enough to bust the bag. Defenbaugh put a sticker back on the bag that said it exceeded their weight limit and left it on his driveway.