ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's do the Pioli thing again. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259929)

Pasta Little Brioni 05-27-2012 05:53 PM

This is a very big year for him and the team.

Dylan 05-27-2012 06:12 PM

The Chiefs' offensive line is ten times better than the Giants' offensive line ... just saying.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-27-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 8642136)
The Chiefs' offensive line is ten times better than the Giants' offensive line ... just saying.

Your QB is 100 times better though :(

milkman 05-27-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8641976)
In 2009, we struggled mightily in the first half, but in the 2nd half we played much better. We won 3 of the 8 games and lost by a TD or less in 3 of the 5 losses.

Since midseason of 2009 to now, we are an even 20-20, and that's with all the injuries we had last year.

I think you'll find that Daboll will be a very good OC for this team. His play selection confused teams last year and still worked with Matt Moore at QB.

If Daboll can get the most out of a lesser talented QB in Miami, along with Weis being within an hour to help Cassel (he was at OTA's btw), I think we'll see a Cassel similar to the 2010 form.

The OL will be the key to the season. Last year our OL sucked and Cassel got ran over. Getting Winston was huge and Hudson looks like he will become an above average C from what I saw last year. Cassel looked good in 2010 when the OL gave him time and our coaching staff knows that better than anyone.

This team has to win 10 games this year, which there is no reason why they shouldn't (unless we get plagued with injuries like last year). Pioli knows this team has to go to the playoffs this year at the minimum.

The head coach of a division 1 football program is not going to have time to help out our brokedick QB.

And the rumors are that Charlie Weis gave up trying to fix our brokedick QB by midseason or earlier anyway.

And Cassel looked "good" agianst a weakass schedule, with defenses keying on Jamaal Charles.

He shit his pants against good teams, and has done so each and every time he has faced one of those.

Scott Pioli went the safe route.

He traded for someone he was familiar with rather than risking a draft bust at QB.

And sadly, that someone he was familiar with speaks to the fact that when it comes to QB play, he doesn't have a ****ing clue.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-27-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8642223)
The head coach of a division 1 football program is not going to have time to help out our brokedick QB.

And the rumors are that Charlie Weis gave up trying to fix our brokedick QB by midseason or earlier anyway.

And Cassel looked "good" agianst a weakass schedule, with defenses keying on Jamaal Charles.

He shit his pants against good teams, and has done so each and every time he has faced one of those.

He traded for someone he was familiar with rather than risking a draft bust at QB.

And sadly, that someone he was familiar with speaks to the fact that when it comes to QB play, he doesn't have a ****ing clue.

I was about to say, no ****ing way Weis spends 1 second focused on anything besides Kansas football. An otherwise thoughtful post was ruined by even the mention of something so silly.

Ace Gunner 05-27-2012 07:28 PM

cassel sucks, hunt is an idiot. pioli at least knows football and can put a few things together for a team. and I was pleased to see you (OP) describe the coaching selections based in talent focused development types, because the systems this team runs are unique to the parcells coaching tree and you have to teach those systems very fundamentally when first starting up with a team. haley, weis & crennel are all from that tree.

I never liked cassel, but was willing to give the dude a chance. but I knew from watching a pre season pats game years before that he is a baseball player masquerading as a QB. I felt he'd be good for the chiefs because he was sturdy that season he played for brady and he had 50 sacks but kept getting back up. the chiefs needed that badly, so it was a good choice back then and still, I think it has been good for the team to have a steady if not good QB. but, enough.

pioli should have replaced cassel last off season. that to me is gonna come back on him. but, we;ll see. maybe golden socal boy can pull it out for pioli. regardless, he'll get at least until the end of 2013 to put a team together.

L.A. Chieffan 05-27-2012 07:30 PM

Right, pioli is going to replace a qb immediately after a playoff appearance and a pro bowl. U guys need to lay off the crack.

milkman 05-27-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8642309)
Right, pioli is going to replace a qb immediately after a playoff appearance and a pro bowl. U guys need to lay off the crack.

Ozzie Newsome replaced a QB that won the SB the year immediatley following that SB.

17th ****ing alternate for the ProBowl.

Big ****ing deal.

And, dumbass, I embelished the 17th.

Your trolling is getting ****ing old.

L.A. Chieffan 05-27-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8642316)
Ozzie Newsome replaced a QB that won the SB the year immediatley following that SB.

17th ****ing alternate for the ProBowl.

Big ****ing deal.

And, dumbass, I embelished the 17th.

Your trolling is getting ****ing old.

Good for Ozzie ****ing newsome, that don't mean shit.

You're just old.

L.A. Chieffan 05-27-2012 07:41 PM

Oh btw, how many superbowls have the ravens won since they let dilfer walk?

Exactly, dumbass

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8642327)
Oh btw, how many superbowls have the ravens won since they let dilfer walk?

Exactly, dumbass

LMAO

BossChief 05-27-2012 08:11 PM

They replaced him with Grbac.

Should have kept Dilfer.

milkman 05-27-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8642434)
They replaced him with Grbac.

Should have kept Dilfer.

Yes, but they tried, and have continued to try.

That's all I ask.

Just ****ing try.

jspchief 05-27-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8641942)
After inheriting a team that went 15-33 and had the WORST two year span in TEAM HISTORY.

He inherited a team that did all the dirty work. Torn down to the foundation. That terrible stretch was the product of starting from scratch, something Peterson never allowed the the team to do.

And so far Pioli looks hell bent on taking after Peterson. Making safe moves, taking familiar QBs and coaches. The two biggest moves he made were Cassel and Haley, and they both failed.

RunKC 05-27-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8642223)

What about in NE? Cassel beat some good teams there. And it sure looks like our running game is gonna help Cassel again.

And I would take Cassel over Sanchez anyday.

Sanchez had success early, but he had a damn good running game and an overall great team like Cassel has this year.