ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Current NFL QBs better than Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270642)

ILChief 03-02-2013 11:14 AM

Current NFL QBs better than Alex Smith

I've read more than once here by multiple people that Alex Smith is the 30th best QB in the league. So post the 29 you think are better. I personally think he's middle of the pack. Here are the ones I think are better (in no particular order):

Brady
Rodgers
Peyton
Eli
Flacco
Brees
Ryan
Luck
Kaepernick
RG3
Stafford
Wilson
Newton
Roethlesberger

Smith belongs here or close to here with Palmer, Cutler, Bradford, Tannehill, Vick, and Rivers

keg in kc 03-02-2013 11:15 AM

I think he's bottom third. Much like Cassel in 2010, a lot is hidden by surrounding cast.

BlackHelicopters 03-02-2013 11:20 AM

Better than Alex Smith? Stanzi, Quinn, Cassel......................

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-02-2013 11:24 AM

Whitlock says he's elite so this is silly.

ILChief 03-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9456810)
Better than Alex Smith? Stanzi, Quinn, Cassel......................

You're trolling

TribalElder 03-02-2013 11:28 AM

Cassel part Duex

Messier 03-02-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9456826)
Cassel part Duex

:drool:

Messier 03-02-2013 11:35 AM

I'd put him 16th.

mnchiefsguy 03-02-2013 11:40 AM

Was thinking about this the other night, and here is what I came up...I just thought of current starters and through each division in the NFL (qb's with a * next to them are qb's that might not be better now, but will be by the time they have as much experience as Smith):

In the AFC, better QB's thans Smith:

Brady
Tannehill *
Roethlesberger
Flacco
Dalton
Luck
Shaub
Manning
Rivers

In the NFC:
RG3
Romo
Manning
Rogers
Cutler
Stafford
Brees
Ryan
Newton
Kapernick
Wilson

I think those listed are better than Smith...I think the following qb's are debatable, and could be argue that they are as good, or will be as good as Smith:

Locker
Foles
Vick
Ponder
Freeman
Bradford

This is what make the trade, and what we gave up so depressing. We got so little value in return.

Messier 03-02-2013 11:43 AM

No wonder you don't like the trade.

MGRS13 03-02-2013 11:52 AM

Bradford is better. Vick is better(and by the way he sucks, not accurate at all) Locker, Foles, Ponder, Freeman all have more upside. So that puts him ranked 23rd. Or worst case 27. Worth a 2nd and 3rd rounder. I don't think so. The chiefs gave up the farm for fitzpatrick, beck, Cassel, etc. Spin away if you want alex smith lovers the fact is the guy sucks.

FringeNC 03-02-2013 11:55 AM

This is the key question. If he really is a bottom third guy, not only will we suck for the next few years, but it raises serious questions about the competency of Dorsey and Reid.

Contrary to the "Chiefs playing it safe as usual, going for the mediocre veteran QB", this is a risky move for Dorsey and Reid. Had they drafted a Geno Smith or Matt Barkley, I don't think the pressure to win starts until year 3. Now the pressure to win is immediate. Gutsy move by those two, and if it fails like Pioli's acquisition of Cassel did, they will share Pioli's fate in a similar time frame. These guys must really believe in Alex Smith, and no way in hell they trade for him unless they believe he's top third guy. Obviously, time will tell.

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 9456890)
Bradford is better. Vick is better(and by the way he sucks, not accurate at all) Locker, Foles, Ponder, Freeman all have more upside. So that puts him ranked 23rd. Or worst case 27. Worth a 2nd and 3rd rounder. I don't think so. The chiefs gave up the farm for fitzpatrick, beck, Cassel, etc. Spin away if you want alex smith lovers the fact is the guy sucks.

Yes if your 27th out of 32 this is NOT GOOD>....even 23rd out of 32..basically the azz end of the spectrum...:cuss:

Red Dawg 03-02-2013 11:59 AM

Tannehil? No. Rivers has been shit for the last two seasons Dalton and Cam has been decent at best. Alex been better the two years.

MGRS13 03-02-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9456909)
Tannehil? No. Rivers has been shit for the last two seasons Dalton and Cam has been decent at best. Alex been better the two years.

Tannehil, Dalton, Rivers and Cam. Which one of those guys was benched last year? Oh thats right only Smith. Terrible argument. All of those guys are better then smith.