ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jaworski rates Chiefs QB at No. 20 among NFL starters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274325)

RunKC 07-06-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795970)
Not one TE from KC on this list:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...c-wests-top-40

Oh, btw--12 Broncos and 11 kc players are listed.

This doesn't help your case Tombstone because:

1. Bill Williamson is a joke

2. You claim KC isn't as talented or good as Denver, but yet this article you cite only has 1 more Bronco on the list.

3. The 1 player that you have over us is Peyton Manning, the one who is the difference.

GordonGekko 07-06-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9796016)
Derrick Johnson has played for guys other than Romeo, you surely realize. He's never been a pass rusher.

Eric Berry has 2 sacks in the NFL, and had 3 sacks in college. I don't think he'll ever be a pass rusher either.

The Chiefs have only had 3 halfway decent pass rushers in the last half decade. Hali, Houston, and Gilberry. That's not changing this year.

Yeah, DJ is definitely not a sack guy. 3 sacks in a season would be huge production for him.

Berry I think could be a 5-6 sack guy in the right conditions. Fast and brutally tough, I can see him getting past the O-Line.

The reason for a lack of sacks from KC outside of the two H's is because we have had dog shit defensive ends (edit: defensive line) for god knows how long.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795603)
Oookay I wouldn't call everyone on that list reasonable about anything Alex Smith.

Reasonable is not bashing the shit out of everything. Reasonable is this is not what I wanted but it was the best option at the time. We will have to move on again quickly from another QB definitely sucks but I prefer this to another year of Cassel ****ing everything up.

So you want to win now. Good for you. You enjoy your mediocre team. The rest of us will continue to wait for a Championship. Trading for Alice makes a Championship next season just as likely as if we traded for Thigpen, while making the chances over the next 5-10 infinitely worse.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795667)
lol, you mean the probowl? Whatever, we are gonna see soon enough which team is a contender and which one is a pretender.

As a whole, the Chiefs have the most talented team in the division. The fact that the importance of the QB is so huge doesn't change that. Nobody said the Chiefs would finish with a better record. Peyton Manning as opposed to Alice Smith nets you at least 5 wins.

Sorter 07-07-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9795874)
You're being homers.

We have 0 pass rushers on this team outside of those two guys. That's why we had a lack of sacks.

It's a bit of both.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795721)
TE for one. The Broncos are loaded at that position. Dreesen and Tamme alone make it deep. Then the two young guys, Green and Thomas have yet to even scratch their potential. The Broncos won't be able to keep all 4 so it will probably be Dreesen who gets cut. DREESEN. He's an excellent TE.

suck it loser, you don't know dog shit.

Tamme? ****ing really?

Moeaki outperformed Tamme's production from last year while playing 16 games with Peyton Manning as a ****ing rookie playing 15 games with Matt ****ing Cassel.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9796066)
Yeah, DJ is definitely not a sack guy. 3 sacks in a season would be huge production for him.

Berry I think could be a 5-6 sack guy in the right conditions. Fast and brutally tough, I can see him getting past the O-Line.

The reason for a lack of sacks from KC outside of the two H's is because we have had dog shit defensive ends (edit: defensive line) for god knows how long.

No, it's b/c we haven't run an attacking scheme. Nor have we had many leads, let alone big leads.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 06:20 AM

Chiefs didnt have a lead until half way through the year..

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9796102)
So you want to win now. Good for you. You enjoy your mediocre team. The rest of us will continue to wait for a Championship. Trading for Alice makes a Championship next season just as likely as if we traded for Thigpen, while making the chances over the next 5-10 infinitely worse.

I want to win every year. I know it is not going to happen. I don't expect to win now with Alex Smith.
Matt Cassel could not be this teams starting QB anymore. There was not a single QB in the draft that was worthy of being our starter either. With those 2 things in mind Reid and Dorsey choose what they deemed as the next best stop gap QB. Yeah Alex may get us to that middle ground 8-8 area. Yeeee ****ing haaa no one wants to be there. I want to win championshipS I want to be in the hunt every year.
I see Alex Smith as a 2 year starter for this team. In the meantime Bray might do something..highly doubt it. We might take one in the middle of the first next draft. We might wait until the following when we have all of our picks who knows.
Bitching and throwing a fit like a lot of posters/people do is not going to help or change a damn thing. It is only going to make those same people feel even worse.
NEWS FLASH:
There can only be 1 out of 32 that win the SB. There is less than 25% of the QBs in the league that are capable of putting a team on their back and winning it all.
If you look at all those numbers and think about it without emotion people would understand that the chances of winning a SB and having one of those QBs while doing it is about the same chances as getting hit by lightning. Those odds are not worth getting that upset about. Chances are the Chiefs like most other teams are here to make a profit. NOT to win a championship. If that happens great if not OH WELL.

duncan_idaho 07-07-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9796224)
I want to win every year. I know it is not going to happen. I don't expect to win now with Alex Smith.
Matt Cassel could not be this teams starting QB anymore. There was not a single QB in the draft that was worthy of being our starter either. With those 2 things in mind Reid and Dorsey choose what they deemed as the next best stop gap QB. Yeah Alex may get us to that middle ground 8-8 area. Yeeee ****ing haaa no one wants to be there. I want to win championshipS I want to be in the hunt every year.
I see Alex Smith as a 2 year starter for this team. In the meantime Bray might do something..highly doubt it. We might take one in the middle of the first next draft. We might wait until the following when we have all of our picks who knows.
Bitching and throwing a fit like a lot of posters/people do is not going to help or change a damn thing. It is only going to make those same people feel even worse.
NEWS FLASH:
There can only be 1 out of 32 that win the SB. There is less than 25% of the QBs in the league that are capable of putting a team on their back and winning it all.
If you look at all those numbers and think about it without emotion people would understand that the chances of winning a SB and having one of those QBs while doing it is about the same chances as getting hit by lightning. Those odds are not worth getting that upset about. Chances are the Chiefs like most other teams are here to make a profit. NOT to win a championship. If that happens great if not OH WELL.

If that's the type of owner Clark Hunt is... he can go fist himself. Seriously.

I have suspicions that's the case. That selling "being competitive" and filling Arrowhead is more important to Clark than actually trying to win a championship. There's evidence to suggest otherwise, but it isn't overwhelming.

There are a lot of owners in pro sports who are trying to win championships first. Mark Cuban. Robert Kraft. Jerry Buss. Some of the better examples. If an NFL owner is not in that crowd, considering the even playing field and salary cap and 100 percent shared TV revenue, that guy is an a$$.

If Clark proves to be that type of guy.... I can do without the Chiefs in my life. I hope that isn't the case... but if you're not trying to build towards a championship in the NFL, what the eff is wrong with you?

Clear fact of the matter is that it is nearly impossible to win big in today's NFL WITHOUT the big-time QB. And that you won't CONSISTENTLY win big in today's NFL without that guy. Yet the Chiefs continue to avoid taking shots at the position at all. That is what is so infuriating to so many of us.

Now, maybe they draft a QB in the next draft they think can be the guy. Maybe they're high enough to nab a guy who can be a consistent front-line performer at the position. Drafting a guy in Round 4, 5 or 6 doesn't count. Signing a shithead UDFA like Tyler Bray doesn't count either.

Now, if they take that QB high next year and promptly sever ties with Alex Smith, the argument is over. Maybe that's the plan (though the price they paid for Alex Smith makes is less likely to succeed). But I have seen little and heard little - especially from hearing Clark Hunt talk about the QB position - to suggest otherwise. Everything I've seen and heard indicates they're hitching their wagon to Alex Smith for more than two years.

There might not have been a QB in the draft who could start right away. There might not have been an Andrew Luck ready-made NFL starter. But that wasn't the only option available. Also on the table: Sign a stop-gap FA QB who is better than Cassel, or trade for a cheaper QB who is better than Cassel, and draft a QB who can be developed a little in Rnds. 2, 3.

Instead, they pulled the same approach they've been pulling my entire life. Please don't be surprised if I and many others are skeptical it will work THIS time, or that it was even the right thing to do THIS time.

whoman69 07-07-2013 07:50 AM

Its pathetic when you actually improve to #20

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 08:35 AM

Donco homerism is the only sanctioned homerism on CP.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9796033)
This doesn't help your case Tombstone because:

1. Bill Williamson is a joke

2. You claim KC isn't as talented or good as Denver, but yet this article you cite only has 1 more Bronco on the list.

3. The 1 player that you have over us is Peyton Manning, the one who is the difference.

Nope, YOU CLAIM KC HAS MORE TALENT THAN DENVER. Good lord you're a friggen moron. All I did was say BS.

Wow, you are that stupid.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795732)
dude, look at all the posts I have on the planet. I never go knowmo but I do know football. The Broncos have a great team, period. If you want to argue position by position I will. Coaching staff and front office, sure. The Broncos are pushing for a SB and when you say "the Broncos have no talent compared to the mighty chiefs" I'm calling BS.

This is what I'm saying. Apparently a RunKC can't read. Not only are his football takes pathetic, he has issues reading.

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9796287)
Donco homerism is the only sanctioned homerism on CP.

PREACH THE GOSPEL, MY CHILD!