ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life This kid won't be popular with most of the posters here, but LIFE THREATS?! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201216)

Frankie 01-27-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 5430992)
I have no problem with the kid. Some people need to learn how to carry on a conversation where every other word isn't the "F" word. It gets annoying.

As for myself, I'll still cuss no more or less than usual.

What gets me is sometimes when I'm in a public place like the mall there are these 14 year olds who think they own the world who walk in groups and cuss loudly. Makes me wanna hold'em up against the wall and slap'em silly.

Frankie 01-27-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus (Post 5431001)
I cuss to get a point across; i hate it when every other word out someones mouth is a cuss word though. Drives me crazy

What would Jesus do? ;)

Baby Lee 01-27-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5431108)
What would Jesus do? ;)

Speak Aramaic?

You think Jesus the man would have the foresight to be offended if you said 'f@ck' and 'shit' in front of him on a street in Judea?

Frankie 01-27-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5431101)
It is a neverending source of fascination to me that the manner in which air is directed over one's vocal cords is the source of such consternation.

I see absolutely no difference between being chagrined at stubbing one's toes and saying 'oh pickles' and 'f@ck,' except that the individual that says 'oh pickles' has constructed an arbitrary restraint on his expressions of chagrin. The chagrin is the same, the urgency and tone in one's exclamation is the same, the loss of composure is the same.

For those people, I imagine an ironic justice wherein he somehow some day lands in a culture where 'pickles' is their most horrific deragatory term for minorities.

So,... are you for this kid or against him? :shrug:

Baby Lee 01-27-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5431113)
So,... are you for this kid or against him? :shrug:

I'm not against him, but I don't give a shit what he says.

I'd respect him a lot more if he made a pledge not to speak ANY words in anger or frustration. Right now he's just deluding himself and playing the martyr/attention whore.

Frankie 01-27-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5431115)
I'm not against him, but I don't give a shit what he says.

I'd respect him a lot more if he made a pledge not to speak ANY words in anger or frustration. Right now he's just deluding himself and playing the martyr/attention whore.

Oh,... So you are against him.

Baby Lee 01-27-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5431128)
Oh,... So you are against him.

Who are you, George Bush?

Yer either for the boy who says pickles in anger when frustrated, or yer agin' him . . . . . he he he.

I think there are things going on with him that have nothing to do with cussing, but I don't care one way or another.

Frankie 01-27-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5431135)
Who are you, George Bush?

Yer either for the boy who says pickles in anger when frustrated, or yer agin' him . . . . . he he he.

I think there are things going on with him that have nothing to do with cussing, but I don't care one way or another.

Relax. I was just playin'.

Gonzo 01-27-2009 02:08 PM

He'll never get any F***ing P***Y.

ziggysocki 01-27-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5431101)
It is a neverending source of fascination to me that the manner in which air is directed over one's vocal cords is the source of such consternation.

I see absolutely no difference between being chagrined at stubbing one's toes and saying 'oh pickles' and 'f@ck,' except that the individual that says 'oh pickles' has constructed an arbitrary restraint on his expressions of chagrin. The chagrin is the same, the urgency and tone in one's exclamation is the same, the loss of composure is the same.

For those people, I imagine an ironic justice wherein he somehow some day lands in a culture where 'pickles' is their most horrific deragatory term for minorities.

Exactly correct. Change the word to whatever you want and the meaning and intent is still what is important. A perfect example: When I was in the Army, stationed in southern Georgia, I served with a rather racist white fellow from California who used the term 'Canadian' to refer to the African Americans he was forced to associate with. Had he been around only whites I imagine the term he would have used would have started with the letter 'N'. Point being, the only reason to change/substitute words is to be more socially acceptable. So **** it...

Braincase 01-27-2009 02:23 PM

Like I've said before - curse words have power, and the more you use them, the less power they have.

Jenson71 01-27-2009 08:02 PM

There's a lot more important things in the world. For example, his math homework.