ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Torchlight 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263460)

Bump 09-20-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8930966)
Played about a half an hour so far, and I can tell this is already Diablo 3 or what should be Diablo 3.

ya seriously. This game kicks ass! can't wait till the online works so I can get down on some motha****ing PVP!!

Mr. Laz 09-20-2012 04:09 PM

Rune Vault?

:spock:

i wonder who ripped off whom?

Huffmeister 09-21-2012 09:39 AM

I started playing this a bit last night, and it was pretty fun. Question, though...

My toon is an Outlander, so I'd like to shoot from a distance. However, I'm finding that when I left-click on something to attack it, I sometimes click on the ground next to the mob, and then my guy is running up to the melee. Or, if I'm rapidly clicking on a big mob, as soon as he dies my guy runs up because now I'm clicking the ground.

Is there a way that I can stay rooted in one spot while I blast things from a distance? Or any other tips for staying at a distance?

Bump 09-21-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8932820)
I started playing this a bit last night, and it was pretty fun. Question, though...

My toon is an Outlander, so I'd like to shoot from a distance. However, I'm finding that when I left-click on something to attack it, I sometimes click on the ground next to the mob, and then my guy is running up to the melee. Or, if I'm rapidly clicking on a big mob, as soon as he dies my guy runs up because now I'm clicking the ground.

Is there a way that I can stay rooted in one spot while I blast things from a distance? Or any other tips for staying at a distance?

hold down shift while you attack, you will stand in place.

Huffmeister 09-21-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8932822)

Rep, thank you sir!

Mr. Laz 09-21-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8932820)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8932822)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8932830)
Rep, thank you sir!

you should really check your controls screen

it lets you change the key control to whatever you want.

the Talking Can 09-21-2012 04:23 PM

downloading it now...will give it a go this weekend

the Talking Can 09-22-2012 07:48 AM

so dumb question but i can't figure out how the game saves

at check points? I can't find a save option in the menus

Bump 09-22-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8934706)
so dumb question but i can't figure out how the game saves

at check points? I can't find a save option in the menus

it seems to save when you exit. when I resume game I'm left right where I was.

the Talking Can 09-22-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8934857)
it seems to save when you exit. when I resume game I'm left right where I was.

yeah...i was worried the first time

Bump 09-22-2012 10:21 AM

I really prefer this style of ARPG. When decisions you make actually matter. I love the skill point system and all of the other little stuff, like enchanting, gambling and shit. ****ing great game. So much better than that piece of shit D3.

Saulbadguy 09-22-2012 12:17 PM

Good game so far

Imon Yourside 09-22-2012 12:23 PM

I still don't understand why Runic waited until now to release this, they could have made more money by releasing a little sooner or waiting a month.

Huffmeister 09-24-2012 12:23 PM

Re-rolled as an Engineer and have been having a blast with it. The Heal Bot is awesome, as it keeps me from having to pop potions all the time. And the flame strike (whatever it's called) is a great way to take out multiple mobs.

I just got to Act II last night, and I'm looking forward to checking out the desert.

the Talking Can 09-24-2012 12:28 PM

for $20, this game is amazing...right in my button mashing wheelhouse

trolling dungeons with a pack of exploding spiders is kind of unfair, but a lot of fun...great metallic sound for their deployment